Lucie Motivated for Melbourne Masterpiece - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #1
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Lucie Motivated for Melbourne Masterpiece

who likes my awesome title

Since the draw is out, and Lucie will play Monday, and the OOP is out tomorrow, I decided I would make the thread (if someone else wanted to, you can do RG )

So Lucie plays McHale in round 1, Q or Erakovic round 2, Jankovic round 3 and Wozniacki round 4...but that's looking ahead.

McHale is an ok first round draw, a lot of her big wins and good runs came only in the US, she hasn't done much outside the US yet. But she is young and definitely dangerous, and Lucie will need to play well for the win. I'm hopeful of another 3rd round, but we'll see.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #2
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of
Re: Lucie Motivated for Melbourne Masterpiece

You finally made the thread

Lucie has a good draw I would say. Hopefully she won't waste it. Let's go
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #3
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Well I didnt wanna make it if someone else did but i gave them a day so I decided it was time to have one.

I think it's definitely a better draw than it couldve been, I just hope she plays well and wins matches that she should win

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #4
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

The draw is easier than expected. I would be happy if she make to R3 but I always expect more of her. This is another good chance in GS after RG2010 and US2011 since she always do better in AO and she is in good form. let's see what she perform

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #5
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Kick some ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #6
country flag Davodus

3rd Match on Monday, court 19 after 2 mens matches...I'll be waiting around for ages for it

Old Jan 14th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #7
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Well done with the alliteration.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #8
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice title.
This draw isnt bad,if she plays well,she can reach 4th round with no problems.Only in that case she would actually gain some points.and no choking this time please.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #9
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-KimClijst View Post
Well done with the alliteration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightening. View Post
Nice title.
thanks

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #10
country flag Davodus

Doubles with Sorana again! I love watching them together but they got 9th seeds Grandin/Uhlirova...but imo it's winnable.

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #11
country flag jasonbloom

I know nothing about Mchale's game, is she a big server, a big hitter, a ball pusher or something like Niculescu

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

Last edited by jasonbloom : Jan 15th, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #12
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
Doubles with Sorana again! I love watching them together but they got 9th seeds Grandin/Uhlirova...but imo it's winnable.
I like when she played with wozniak, they were fun to watch together
Wonder why she doesn't play with krajicek ?

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus

Last edited by lauraa00 : Jan 15th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #13
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I like the title too.

Sorana and Lucie together= lots of big hitting, not a lot of thinking. Could be great, could be an errorfest. Fun to see though. Grandin and Uhlirova are pretty much the opposite. They are weaker singles players (Grandin is a little out of shape) but they use their heads to play good doubles. Both teams will have lefty-righty combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbloom View Post
I know nothing about Mchale's game, is she a big server, a big hitter, a ball pusher or something like Niculescu
Not like Niculescu, thank goodness.

It's quite hard to define her game. She doesn't hit the ball really big, and some people have described her as a pusher but I don't think that's quite right. She has a better serve than you would expect from her. She's not that big but she gets reasonable pop on it and places it quite well. No doubt Lucie will help her serve to look even better than normal.

Off the ground she hits quite solidly but not huge. Sometimes she gets tight and starts pushing it, but at other times she hits through the ball pretty well, especially with the forehand. I think she's more of a thinking player than anything. Nothing like Lucie.

To get some idea, you can see highlights of one of Christina's best matches (the win over Caro) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN-fEb88sE4

Lucie should be able to target her weaker bh side, but then you never really know what Lucie will come up with.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #14
country flag jasonbloom

A little bit windy day, hope she can handle it better after Sydney.

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

Old Jan 16th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #15
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

She's getting ready for her first round now!

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote