Sydney 2012. - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #91
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sydney 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisforadults View Post
Have you seen Marion jumping around like a mad monkey between every point? She's not normal.

Her tactics seem to involve exhausting herself physically in order to feel pumped and focused. Very bizarre and counter-intuitive. But her father is a doctor and she is playing extremely well.
Yeah she is so idiosyncratic. I'm not exactly a fan of Marion, but I really enjoy watching her play.
Sam isn't always "normal" either
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #92
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
I wonder if I should stalk her in Melbourne and slip a Xanex into her drink before her matches
If we can believe her recent article and her remarkably relaxed interview on arriving in Melbourne she may have beaten you to it.

Quote:
Yesterday I was watching the match between Dokic and Bartoli, and one of the commentators mentioned that they'd seen Marion having an intense gym session just hours before a tournament final last year. I wonder if this kind of tactic would work for Sam, as a way of exhausting the nerves away. Probably wouldn't be a good thing to test out first round of a grand slam though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisforadults View Post
Have you seen Marion jumping around like a mad monkey between every point? She's not normal.

Her tactics seem to involve exhausting herself physically in order to feel pumped and focused. Very bizarre and counter-intuitive. But her father is a doctor and she is playing extremely well.
Marion is just plain weird, I think everybody's agreed on that, so as a rule of thumb I'd say doing the opposite to what Marion is doing seems like a good idea. Seriously, Marion may be able to afford to burn more energy than Sam can. I'm no expert, but I'd guess that Sam would burn more calories on a single service motion than Marion does with all her crazy hopping about between points. Ditto her heavy topspin forehand. That said, Sam is very fit, and by her own admission is a diesel engine that sometimes takes well over a set to really get going, so an intensive pre-match gym session might help her warm up more quickly during a match. But I agree it would be risky at best to try this out in R1 of a slam.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #93
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yesterday I was watching the match between Dokic and Bartoli, and one of the commentators mentioned that they'd seen Marion having an intense gym session just hours before a tournament final last year. I wonder if this kind of tactic would work for Sam, as a way of exhausting the nerves away. Probably wouldn't be a good thing to test out first round of a grand slam though.
Marion is a very impressive woman. I have no idea where on earth she gets her stamina from. Personally I quite enjoy watching her play, simply because she's so damn interesting
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #94
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

I could fucking throttle Sam - I had perfect seats yesterday and today for Sydney. The only thing missing was her. C'est la vie, eh? Matches were great anyway...

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #95
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
Marion is a very impressive woman. I have no idea where on earth she gets her stamina from. Personally I quite enjoy watching her play, simply because she's so damn interesting
And she has one quirky service motion too. She's pretty unique.