Europe/Africa Zone I 2012 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #16
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Europe/Africa Zone I 2012

OMG Greece
Where's Gerasimou when you need her? . She won the National Championships again so she's guaranteed a Fed Cup spot but it seems she has had enough and didn't take it serious last year so it wen't to the runner-up, which was Stefanou...
And no Georgatou NO NO NO NO NO . I was afraid she wouldn't show up . I'm going to be so angry if we get relegated . She hasn't been seen since October and she withdrew from 25K Istanbul after the draw was made I hope she is injured and not retired . I tried contacting her on facebook and she didn't answer me and I asked Sakkari who has talked to me before and she didn't answer and I asked someone who runs a Greek tennis website who recently interviewed Eirini and he said he is trying so hard to find out and has no idea why she isn't playing . I doubt she retired because she just launched her official website and she played well last year when she wasn't injured and she takes her career very seriously. She trained at Mouratoglou's for a while and went on the Mauritius trip last year with Dokic, Cirstea, Wickmayer, Rezai, and Robson. And she was recently interviewed (by the person I mentioned above) and she talked about her future...I'm so stressed out now

Now we will once again be fighting to stay in Group I. I just hope we go into one of the groups with 4 teams so we can have a good shot at not having to go into a relegation play-off. Eleni should be able to beat Larcher de Brito, Tinjic, or Minella and then maybe Papamichail could surprise and if not then we can maybe win the doubles . Or hope to get Estonia and try and get Papamichail to beat Kontaveit and then win the doubles

Anyways, from the good teams in this group I think 2 of Romania, Poland, Great Britain, Sweden, and Croatia will go through. Romania really has no business in this group IMO. They have so many top 100 and top 200 players and they have been stuck in Group I for way too long. I really hope they can go through (plus I like most of their players ). It's a shame that Arn and Czink aren't playing for Hungary, otherwise they would also do well as Babos and Marosi are good players and they always have a good doubles team

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #17
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, why is Dulgheru in but not Cirstea?
And doesn't Sorana need to play for Olympics since she didn't play last year? Or does her Fed Cup service count for 2011 since she was on the squad and traveled to Eilat even though she didn't play at all?

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #18
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

You don´t have to play Fed Cup. Making yourself available for selection is enough.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #19
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Pool A

Estonia
Austria
Bulgaria

Pool B

Sweden
Hungary
Greece
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Pool C

Netherlands
Great Britain
Israel
Portugal

Pool D

Poland
Romania
Croatia
Luxembourg
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #20
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky group Sweden
game wins: FITD US Open '12, Guangzhou '10 (#1 since 8 July 2013), TT Indian Wells '11, TT doubles Moskva '11, Brussel '12, Pattaya '13, Stuttgart '13 (w/Andreas), PAW 4 titles, Suicide Olympic gold + 2 titles, Tipping 3 titles (#1 for 25 weeks, USO Series '12), Q-Ball 7 titles, Blackjack #1 2012, Pentathlon #1 2012 (5 titles)
Азарэнка | Павлюченкова | Arvidsson | Halep | Eikeri | Clijsters | Rus | Van Uytvanck | Watson | Bertens | Superboerin Hogenkamp | Weijers
Håkon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #21
country flag Israel

Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future

Worst possible group for Israel. I can't believe it - both NL and UK in our group it will be a nightmare.
Israel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #22
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently promotion play-offs will be A vs C and B vs D

Group B
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #23
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Poland just has to beat Romania. However Radwanskas in doubles should beat anyone here with ease. Poor Croatia, I wish they were in Pool B.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #24
country flag Ivanovic_fan

Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future

We can win this
Finals Win/Lost
Singles : 0:1
Doubles : 3:10
Ivanovic_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #25
country flag Hapsara

Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold Hapsara is a splendid one to behold

Good luck GBR
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #26
country flag SAhero

SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice

Good luck, Bosnia!

mervana sandra adriana ema helena dijana damira
sonja dada azra sanela lejla dea senka ina
nadina selma jasmina maja anita marijana asja
melissa ena medina adela
SAhero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #27
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Estonia beats Bulgaria 2-1 (Kanepi and Doubles)
Estonia beats Austria 2-1 (Kanepi and Doubles)
Netherlands beats Estonia 2-1 (Rus or Krajicek depending on ranking and doubles)
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #28
country flag hellas719

We got Bosnia so there is hope if we can get past them

GO GREECE!

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #29
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Estonia beats Bulgaria 2-1 (Kanepi and Doubles)
Estonia beats Austria 2-1 (Kanepi and Doubles)
Netherlands beats Estonia 2-1 (Rus or Krajicek depending on ranking and doubles)
That's assuming that the Netherlands beats Great Britain.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #30
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto_Jones View Post
That's assuming that the Netherlands beats Great Britain.
If grey Britain qualifies then Estonia will win! The British can't play doubles (thy barely beat wozniacki and some rando last year) so it would be kanepi and then kanepi and ruutel or kontaveit
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote