Tennis Vids and Photos of YOU!! - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 25th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #151
country flag KBlade

KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future
Re: Tennis Vids and Photos of YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollaneres25 View Post
Watching your video, I can definitely see a couple of little things that you could tweak to further enhance your game.

From what I can see, the technique on most of your shots, more so your backhand and serve appear technically sound. What I think you could benefit a lot from is really using your body weight to take your game to the next level and really get heft and pace behind the ball.

From what I can see on these highlights, a lot of the action on the serve and forehand is produced by the arm rather than body weight transfer. You lean into the court well when you serve, however, I really think, given that you look reasonably fit that you could really be getting much more power from your legs, and really jumping into that service to get some serious power behind it. The video shows that when you transfer your weight on the serve, you lean into it a little bit, and you end up a couple of inches inside the baseline after you have finished your service motion. To really get your body weight into it and start putting more pace rather than spin, you want to be landing a lot further inside the court after you finish your motion.

Same issue from what I can see happens with weight transition on the forehand side. Your forehand from what I can see is a much loopier shot than your backhand, and far more high percentage, and you may have an occasional tendency to back off from the ball a bit and use your arm. What you really want to be doing to progress your game is to ensure you stay balanced and really lean through the shot. Apart from your balance, your stroke production on that wing looks really good, and you consistently finish the shot over your should from what I can see.

On the plus side, your backhand looks really solid and seems to be your favourite shot? and the shortened take back seems to really take time away from your opponents and keeps them guessing where the next shot is going to go. It seems like you're also pretty fit which I imagine serves you well! Sorry if this post may seem a little technical / critical, but from what I can see, you have a really solid looking game at the moment, and with your fitness and a couple of tweaks, you could be a really great player!
KBlade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 30th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #152
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBlade View Post
Watching your video, I can definitely see a couple of little things that you could tweak to further enhance your game.

From what I can see, the technique on most of your shots, more so your backhand and serve appear technically sound. What I think you could benefit a lot from is really using your body weight to take your game to the next level and really get heft and pace behind the ball.

From what I can see on these highlights, a lot of the action on the serve and forehand is produced by the arm rather than body weight transfer. You lean into the court well when you serve, however, I really think, given that you look reasonably fit that you could really be getting much more power from your legs, and really jumping into that service to get some serious power behind it. The video shows that when you transfer your weight on the serve, you lean into it a little bit, and you end up a couple of inches inside the baseline after you have finished your service motion. To really get your body weight into it and start putting more pace rather than spin, you want to be landing a lot further inside the court after you finish your motion.

Same issue from what I can see happens with weight transition on the forehand side. Your forehand from what I can see is a much loopier shot than your backhand, and far more high percentage, and you may have an occasional tendency to back off from the ball a bit and use your arm. What you really want to be doing to progress your game is to ensure you stay balanced and really lean through the shot. Apart from your balance, your stroke production on that wing looks really good, and you consistently finish the shot over your should from what I can see.

On the plus side, your backhand looks really solid and seems to be your favourite shot? and the shortened take back seems to really take time away from your opponents and keeps them guessing where the next shot is going to go. It seems like you're also pretty fit which I imagine serves you well! Sorry if this post may seem a little technical / critical, but from what I can see, you have a really solid looking game at the moment, and with your fitness and a couple of tweaks, you could be a really great player!

Well thank you soo much for taking the time out to watch the video and to give me some sound advice on my tennis game! Definitely taking the advice and running with it!
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #153

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”

Jesus Christ!!
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #154
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

^ It's a bit odd seeing a fit athletic-looking guy like you taking on some beer-bellied middle-ager but good job .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #155
country flag wafa1230

wafa1230 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you brother, its really beautiful video, i like tennis players, you can see tennis celebrities profiles
wafa1230 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 02:45 AM   #156
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future

Quote:
This kind of opponent is difficult to play with, because of all the slice and high loopers. Your timing has to be on point.
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 02:52 AM   #157
country flag KBlade

KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wow, fantastic improvement on the weight transfer on the serve! You're really landing inside the court now, great job!

And as a result, your serve definitely looks faster now! I also love the fact that you really step inside the baseline to take on the serve, definitely one of my favourite tactics. Cuts down the reaction time for the serve and really gets inside their head on the second serve when they know you're waiting there ready to clobber anything short.

Last edited by KBlade : Dec 31st, 2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 04:06 AM   #158
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBlade View Post
Wow, fantastic improvement on the weight transfer on the serve! You're really landing inside the court now, great job!
Jroll has game. All y'all giving him 'advice'...
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 04:46 AM   #159
country flag KBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moveyourfeet View Post
Jroll has game. All y'all giving him 'advice'...
This is the kind of sarcastic response I get for posting a positive comment.

I was pointing something out to him that in my opinion would benefit his game. Last time I checked, it wasn't your job to determine who is good enough to give advice. Any person who posts a video within this section opens them selves up to observations from the board. I'm sure if Jroll didn't want people commenting on his game, he wouldn't have posted.
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 02:43 PM   #160
country flag Salve

Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Salve : Dec 31st, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
Salve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 05:52 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
^ It's a bit odd seeing a fit athletic-looking guy like you taking on some beer-bellied middle-ager but good job .
Hiram is sooo not middle-aged! I'm 29 and Hiram is 25

Jesus Christ!!
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 08:43 AM   #162
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hiram is sooo not middle-aged! I'm 29 and Hiram is 25
My bad .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
My bad .

Jesus Christ!!
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #164

I lost

Jesus Christ!!
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #165
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute

That other guys FH is really bizarre

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote