Akiko Morigami Thread - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2009, 05:28 AM   #886
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Akiko Morigami Thread

no what a sucky way to end your career

thanks for all the info guys
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #887
country flag King Of Tennis

King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of

No Akiko... NOOOOO!!!

Akiko Morigami I miss you!

Kurumi Nara-Misaki Doi-Junri Namigata
King Of Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #888
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Akiko
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #889
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Akiko d Rodionova !!!!
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 03:49 AM   #890
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

nice job akiko
Old Oct 15th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #891
country flag drgray

drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice drgray is just really nice

Akiko

Why must all the japanese players retire? Now there aren't any good ones in the game.. hopefully Kimiko sticks around awhile longer. Maybe Ayumi will pull it together and win a few matches... and Maybe Doi and Nara will step it up when they turn pro...
drgray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 03:15 AM   #892
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

akiko lost to sammy in straights farewell akiko
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #893
country flag martin white

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgray View Post
Akiko

Why must all the japanese players retire? Now there aren't any good ones in the game.. hopefully Kimiko sticks around awhile longer. Maybe Ayumi will pull it together and win a few matches... and Maybe Doi and Nara will step it up when they turn pro...
faewell Akikoiwas suprised by the decision,I thought Akiko would be around for a few years yet.Ihope Aiko can come back strong and be top 50 again...Nara and Doi are having some good results,hopefully they can make the extra step......Sema and Fuda can make the top 100 IMO....
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM   #894
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

OSAKA, Japan - Just two weeks after one of Japan's best players called it a career another one has done the same, as Akiko Morigami, winner of one singles title and one doubles title on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour and many times a tough test for the world's best, announced her retirement.

Citing an ongoing knee problem that has kept her from practicing and playing at her full potential, the 29-year-old - who was born in Osaka but lives in Tokyo - played her last Tour event at the HP Open this week in her birthtown.

"I have fluid that has built up in my knee and I am no longer able to train the way I want to," Morigami said earlier in the week. "If I can't return to the stage of playing I once had I really don't see any reason to continue."

Morigami won her first match against Anastasia Rodionova but was outdone in the second round by Samantha Stosur. She was given flowers by the tournament and many of her friends came to watch, including Sayako Hirano, one of Japan's top table tennis players, who had never seen live tennis.

"When I was down 5-1 in the second set I already had some tears - it was kind of weird," said Morigami, who lost, 61 62. I'm glad this was my last tournament though as I am from Osaka and lots of people came to watch. It's sad I lost but Sam is a great player and is at another level. I have no regrets."

Morigami will play the Japanese National Championships in November to finish her tennis career: "I've never won a national title. I'm really determined to win."

Morigami, who played with two hands on both sides, won her lone singles title on the Tour at Prague in the spring of 2007, defeating another two-handed player, Marion Bartoli, in the final. Apart from that she enjoyed almost all of her success on hardcourts, including her other two finals, both in Cincinnati (in 2005 and 2007). She finished in the Top 100 five straight years (2003 to 2007).

Although she only made it as high as No.41 herself, Morigami was always a rough customer for the top players, with seven Top 20 wins in her career. Again, while most of those moments came on fast surfaces, the biggest win - her only Top 10 win - came on clay, more specifically the terre battue of Roland Garros in 2006, where she beat then-No.3 Nadia Petrova - who was riding a 15-match win streak - in a stunning upset, 62 62, in the first round.

Perhaps her most famous match ended in defeat, as she built a 5-3 third set lead against Venus Williams in the third round of Wimbledon in 2007 before succumbing, 62 36 75. Williams went on to win the tournament.

"One of my greatest memories was winning in Prague. Also, I was one game away from beating Venus at Wimbledon - if I did win it might have changed my life, but it didn't happen. I remember playing on Centre Court at Wimbledon against Capriati about five or six years ago, too. Wimbledon is every tennis player's dream and to play on Centre Court made mine come true."

Morigami won her lone doubles title on the Tour at Memphis in 2003 with fellow Japanese Saori Obata. She also played Fed Cup for Japan seven straight years (2002 to 2008) and was on the Olympic team in 2004.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do next but definitely something in tennis. It has given me so much over the years and I want to give something back."

Two weeks ago in Tokyo it was Ai Sugiyama who played her last event. Japan's two remaining Top 100 players are 19-year-old Ayumi Morita, who is likely headed for her first Top 100 finish, and 39-year-old Kimiko Date Krumm, who came out of 11 years of retirement in 2008 and hit her stride this fall, taking the first Tour title of her return a few weeks ago at Seoul. Date Krumm has indicated she wants to play several more years before calling it a career.
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM   #895
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for life after tennis Akiko
Old May 1st, 2010, 09:59 AM   #896
country flag Topspin2

Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future

Kirilenko vs Morigami AO 2008

Elena Dementieva

Anna Kournikova

Anna Chakvetadze
Topspin2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 10:45 AM   #897
country flag Carotastrophe

Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future

Brigns back Memories ;(
M. Sharapova-D. Gavrilova-S. Stosur-Sun-Ling-Kai Chen
Carotastrophe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #898
country flag King Of Tennis

King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of King Of Tennis has much to be proud of

I really miss You Akiko

Akiko Morigami I miss you!

Kurumi Nara-Misaki Doi-Junri Namigata
King Of Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote