On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 206 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #3076
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Aye.

I thought it was quite amusingly worded in a sort of left-field way.
Never felt any strong antipathy towards the martian;the most notable reaction was amusement at the highly unrefined posting style.Let's face it: T!!here's b!ee!!!n a !!se!!!ve!r!!!e sh!!!!!!or!!t!a!g!!!e!!!!!! o!!!!!!f ex!!!c!l!ama!!!!ti!!!!!!!o!n poi!!!n!t!!!!!!s l!at!!!!e!l!!y!!!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #3077
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Louise,

Say it isn't true.

postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #3078
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...5#post20699365

Da Caro Brigade!

What up, mi posse. Let's make some noise, yo.

Got backhandsmash on beats, DIAH rocking the mic-ro-phoooone. MC Chrissie-fan and DJ protoss provide some crucial rhythms. Cap420 and marineblue representin' up front of the house. Bruce and Schiller givin' no disrespezzy.

And many thanks to Burisleif for allowing us to play at his superbly refurbished venue.
I'll do....the lighting , my user title has already officiated this
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #3079
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Louise,

Say it isn't true.

Who's Louise Hazel??If she's Sabine Lisicki's personal fitness trainer,then she deserves a long stay in the unemployment line.Then again,Sabine probably has a perfectly legit injury that she got from carousing with a male exotic dancer at the Auckland player party

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #3080
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorta seems to be the attitude of a fair amount of tennis 'fans' though. Only events that matter are major tournaments.

I think the celebrity lifestyle's become so deeply linked with the concept of the professional athlete so much now that the issue isn't how many matches you win, but that you appear to win the 'correct' matches and 'correctly' disregard other tournaments which, now you are a 'celebrity', are too much for you to lower yourself to the level of playing in.
Yeah, and then they're wondering why oh why there's few rivalries and why womens tennis isn't as interesting as the mens.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #3081

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidal1402 View Post
I'll do....the lighting , my user title has already officiated this
Good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Who's Louise Hazel??If she's Sabine Lisicki's personal fitness trainer,then she deserves a long stay in the unemployment line.Then again,Sabine probably has a perfectly legit injury that she got from carousing with a male exotic dancer at the Auckland player party
She's a heptathlete and also hawt. Won the Commonwealth Games gold medal. Although, granted, that's not particularly difficult.

As for the exotic dancer thing, I have no idea whether that's true or if it's one of your jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yeah, and then they're wondering why oh why there's few rivalries and why womens tennis isn't as interesting as the mens.
Indeed.
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #3082
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
She's a heptathlete and also hawt. Won the Commonwealth Games gold medal. Although, granted, that's not particularly difficult.

As for the exotic dancer thing, I have no idea whether that's true or if it's one of your jokes.

Indeed.
I respect Hazel's athletic endeavors then;that's a nice accomplishment

Aye ALSO don't know if Sabine managed to injure herself with a male exotic dancer;I meant it as a mocking comment yet it's certainly plausible in her case

As for the tired,dinosaur-age myth that men's tennis is better,see sig below: Wake me up when Nole,Fed and Rafa are playing against each other...before THAT,

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #3083

I really like Murray and Mayer. Fine, they haven't won any slams yet but they're great to watch.
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #3084
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I really like Murray and Mayer. Fine, they haven't won any slams yet but they're great to watch.
Have some vague recollection that some guy named 'Mayer' plays in the ATP;all I know about him is that he's virtually zero threat to challenge the Triumvirate,and it's hard for me to rate someone like that as "great".

As for Murray,there's no question that he's a talent but--and I hope that I'm not offending patriotism for your adopted U.K.(I promise to never insult any South Polar players)--he went into total chickens--t mode when he faced Fed in the men's AO final(was that 2010?).It would've been different if he had been some inexperienced teen in his first big match vs. the living legend.He just 'pushed' the whole match as if he were waiting for Fed to beat himself with UEs;he was scared to even go for his shots,a totally cowardly strategy.He'll have to redeem himself somehow for me to EVER consider him a great champion

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #3085
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Good thing, he's hired Lendl then. He lost like his first 4-5 GS finals, but still won a crapload later on. Seems like a perfect match for Murray.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #3086

Aye, I think Lendl's a good choice.

As for Mayer, he's probably not going to win anything major but he's sorta in the Santoro-vein of tricks and stuff. Well worth watching if you're into that sort of tennis.
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #3087
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Good thing, he's hired Lendl then. He lost like his first 4-5 GS finals, but still won a crapload later on. Seems like a perfect match for Murray.
That's not a bad argument from you two;good luck to Murray in his quest for the big breakthrough

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #3088
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

The mods finally had enough with the crap in the Woz-Petra results thread. I even contributed at the end with some stupid off topic posts. 500 posts for a Hopman Cup match...wonder what happens if next time they meet, it's in a slam?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #3089
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
The mods finally had enough with the crap in the Woz-Petra results thread. I even contributed at the end with some stupid off topic posts. 500 posts for a Hopman Cup match...wonder what happens if next time they meet, it's in a slam?
These are the kind of posters who watch a Roadrunner cartoon from the edge of their seats,not discerning what the result will be.Somehow,monotonous repetition on the same theme just doesn't register with them

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #3090
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Getting ready to watch some Sydney matches.

the Radwanska derby should be interesting
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread