Coming out... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #1
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Coming out...

I'm 16 and a half-ish and I finally came out, but only to 2 of my best friends. They are the people I could trust with anything in the world and they've always been by my side. Not to mention we've all been great friends over the years and I am so lucky to have them!
They've known me for a very long time, so they weren't too shocked, they took it pretty well. They told me that it doesn't matter at all, because I'm a great friend/person and that we'll always stick together no matter what I almost started crying

We went out and everything was looking like a normal night, but when we were coming back home later in the evening and when we were completely alone I told them. My voice was shaking, I was so nervous
But I feel so lucky to have such amazing friends, they're the best friends in the world

But this is just a small step.
I still have to come out to the rest of my friends(including a guy friend that I've gotten really close with and who I have started developing deep feelings for) and to my parents, which wont be easy at all

So my question is, when did you first come out and to who?
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #2
country flag Brooklyn90

Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

awww congrats
It really is a long process, at least for me it was.
Just take your time and when the time feels right tell them.
I'm sure your family with love you no matter what!
Good luck!

Last edited by Brooklyn90 : Jan 7th, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Brooklyn90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #3
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

^ Thanks for the support
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

I have no experience in that, but good luck i would imagine that would show who your true friends are though. If people change their opinion of you because of that, then you should be thankful as they never were worth being your friends in the first place.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #5
country flag Keegan

Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. When I came out I realized it's a long and very emotionally tough process and can take time to get used to it. I thought it'd be simpler to get used to life out of the closet considering I always thought I was gay, but it wasn't that easy. If you need advice, I'm sure plenty of people on the forum will be able to help

I came out first to my best friend Alice. It was tough and took a lot of courage to actually say it. That was just over a year ago.
Keegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Adal

Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute

16 when I came out to my parents
17 when I came out to my friends.

And now that I'm 19 it's a more widely known information and not a big secret anymore. Not only my friends, but also lots of people who I study with and just people I come across know that I'm gay as well.

I'm glad that you're already out to some people at such young age. Coming out to parents is a big step, but I don't see it being very problematic, unless you come from a very religious family.

Best of luck!
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #7
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, hon! I hope it gets better for you from here out.
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #8
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

16?? Shessh I feel old. I have nothing to say specifically about the gay thing. What I do have to say is: yeah - be proud of and appreciate yourself - period. Even when others seem not to. And congrats.
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #9
country flag ampers&
Senior Bitch.

ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute

First person I officially came out to was my friend in college when I was 20 and only came out to my family recently. I'm 26 and they were all surprisingly receptive (most of them telling me they knew already ).

Coming out to my family and friends was the best thing that ever happened to me. Changed my life for the better. I'm finally ME. It was an incredibly difficult thing to do but, really, the right thing when you know who you are and the kind of life you want to live.

Good luck kid and congrats on making the first step.
ampers& is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #10
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. I also had no problem with any of my friends. They actually thought it was cool
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #11
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future

My friends were the first to know. They all took it well -- some were surprised, others weren't. I've got a lot of support from my best friend, untill we had a fight and he told it to several people I wasn't even close with. I was, and still am actually, heart-broken about it. It made me hard to trust people.
Then I told my sister, who was very cool about it. I still have to break the news to my parents, 'though.
borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #12
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Congratz
I'm 20 and I started coming out about a year ago.. Still haven't brought it up with my parents yet but I think pretty much all my friends know..
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #13
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

I first came out to my friends when I was 14 or something, and I remember feeling really nervous about it, but I guess it's just a matter of attitude. Growing up in a small town wasn't easy, but you have to make people know you're gay and OK with it, and the rest will follow. As far as the parents thing go, I told my parents when I was 18, after I'd left home to study in Buenos Aires.

My advice would be that you need to make them know that you're not asking for permission to be gay, you're just sharing something personal with them, and that they should feel glad you're telling them because it means you want them to be a part of your life. Most of the times it works out just fine, so have some courage and above all, attitude! That's all it takes!
Tripp is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #14
country flag Fighterpova

^ Thanks! I plan on telling my parents(hopefully) after I turn 18 and move to Belgrade to go to university

I planned that it would be the best. Even if they don't take it well and don't want to talk to me, at least I'll be away, starting a new life
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #15
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I ♥ Maria View Post
^ Thanks! I plan on telling my parents(hopefully) after I turn 18 and move to Belgrade to go to university

I planned that it would be the best. Even if they don't take it well and don't want to talk to me, at least I'll be away, starting a new life
I think an important thing to remember as well is that 9 time out of ten it will be worse in your mind, maybe even more than that. The people that love you will love you no matter what and I know it sounds massively corny but it is sooo liberating once you do it and your relationships with your friends and family are so much better because you are the real you around them.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote