Hopman Cup: #2 Petra Kvitova [CZE] def. #1 Caroline Wozniacki [DEN] 7-6 3-6 6-4! - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #211
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hopman Cup: #2 Petra Kvitova [CZE] def. #1 Caroline Wozniacki [DEN] 7-6 3-6 6-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
No not really. Most are pretty happy, albeit a little disappointed (she did lose!), with the result and that she improved from her first 2 matches.
Wozniacki fans definitely don't strike me as a happy bunch. Deranged and hypersensitive is more like it.
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #212
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hopman Cup: #2 Petra Kvitova [CZE] def. #1 Caroline Wozniacki [DEN] 7-6 3-6 6-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
We say its an exhibition because thats what it is.
Very true. If it was a real match, especialy an important one, it would not be a 3 setter but Kvitova spanking Wozniacki badly like in their Wimbledon encounter and their WTA Championships encounter.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #213
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
Very true. If it was a real match, especialy an important one, it would not be a 3 setter but Kvitova spanking Wozniacki badly like in their Wimbledon encounter and their WTA Championships encounter.
Really? I thought they were both trying really hard actually. But, Petra is always going to beat Wozniacki indoors, even on clay IMO. Wozniacki is a slight favorite if they play on outdoor hardcourts however.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #214
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
The Woz fans claiming that Caro didn't care because it was a "useless exhibition"! Incredible. You KNOW that if Caro had won, it would have been touted as a brilliant coup, beating "Kvitty on her best surface." Even as it is, one of them has claimed that "Caro would have won if the match had been played outside."

Woz showed some of the nice shots that got her to the USO final once upon a time. Kvitty fans give her all the credit for that, and it was certainly nice to see her play more aggressively. It would be nice to see some recognition that this was, in fact, a legitimate victory for Petra, that Woz did not tank, that Petra did not get lucky, and that the Hopman Cup singles matches are not just a "useless exho." No Petra fan that I've ever seen uses silly arguments to minimize that legitimacy of Wozniacki's wins over her in the past.
Caro wanted to win or play well badly in that match (whether it counted officially or not). That was clear to see.

I don't have the exact quote. But I'm sure they do (da Caro Brigade), where Caro stated 'she was very pleased with her progress, it was her best match, either could won (gulp) & how she played so much better than her first to matches'.

But they're not going to tell you this (as the reason she's in Sydney is cause her and team mate were losers & didn't make the finals).

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 6th, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #215
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If Caro was 2 hours later to Perth, US-Denmark would have been Malou-Mattek, Fish-Nielson.
But she got there in time, they played the mens match 1st, and Caroline got 3 matches in.

She's happy she played better as the week went on, and she expects to keep improving. Full interview in her forum.

Her WTA year starts next week. I think week 65 at World #1
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #216
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No not really. Most are pretty happy, albeit a little disappointed (she did lose!), with the result and that she improved from her first 2 matches.
Your (and all the other Carotards) most rational post today.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #217
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
Judging from what I've read in here
Always an excellent source, y'know.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #218

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Wozniacki fans definitely don't strike me as a happy bunch. Deranged and hypersensitive is more like it.
Doesn't my penguin cheer you up? Fill you with joy?
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #219
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
What do you expect from them? It amazes me how the fans of a one-time slam winner can be so cocky.
Now followed up with your most idiotic post.

I knew it couldn't last for long.

I'd rather be a one time Slam winner, than a none (and done) time slam winner!!

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 6th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I'd rather be a one time Slam winner, than a none time slam winner!!
You're a one-time slam winner?

Which one did you win? If it's RG it doesn't count, man.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #221
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
Really? I thought they were both trying really hard actually. But, Petra is always going to beat Wozniacki indoors, even on clay IMO. Wozniacki is a slight favorite if they play on outdoor hardcourts however.
Keep saying that till Petra Bust That Ass in Sydney or Melbourne soon.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #222
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Doesn't my penguin cheer you up? Fill you with joy?
The penguin seems to be overcompensating for something.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #223

Quote:
The penguin seems to be overcompensating for something.
You're hard to please.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #224
country flag iPatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
You're hard to please.
All in good fun. Hopefully the Woztards don't take me too seriously...
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #225

Quote:
All in good fun. Hopefully the Woztards don't take me too seriously...
You pretty much have to have a sense of humour if you're a Wozniacki fan.
Closed Thread