On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 205 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #3061
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

'Ello mates!! I wish to say I was in Melbourne but alas I am here in crappy Ohio with the cold bellowing down on us as though God himself hated this place as much as I do...a bit dramatic way to start but couldn't help myself

So to update real quick, yeah I know terrible I haven't been here in so long but now I'm back and I will finally be able to do some serious posting with tennis coming back to full gear. I was going over my record for the year, still have two matches left but anyway, it's 25-2, woohoo!! Not bad at all, heck, that's down right awesome USTA officially starts next weekend, so it's going to be hectic once it does - can't wait though. The tennis drought is killing me. But, that's not all. Last Tuesday I came down with the worst case of the flu I've ever had. Fever was up to 102 (that's F) and would not go down. I didn't eat and it was hard to drink anything. So I'm finally just now getting back on solid foods and on my food schedule. Today was my first day back since getting sick (tennis-wise) and it wasn't bad at all. It felt weird though, haha. Now I feel a lot better and going back tomorrow and Friday. I've got a match Saturday and we we're playing against our big enemies so I'm taking them out in style :P

Alright, I have to say, the highlight of 2012 was Caroline acing Mardy - hands down, the best moment thus far

I hope you guys enjoyed the holidays! I know I did, even through sickness I just can't wait for the Ozzie open so start!! There is going to be some sick tennis this year -- I can feel it in my toes!!!

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #3062
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You've so often been a strong contributor to this forum.In terms of tennis content,you've offered better than AYE have and many others as well.You'll see much less of me here this year due to some job-related changes...and that seems to have improved the atmosphere around here
Nah, neither worse or better than anyone else. And I don't have a problem with you.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #3063
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Sometimes it seems that Caro would be criticized heavily in General Messages even if she somehow brought about world peace.
Like I've said before - GM is fake. They all just put on a tough guy act. GM is not about giving opinions. It's about trying to come up with something that's supposed to get under other posters' skins.
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #3064
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

Oh yeah, not sure if you guys gave your opinion about the comment Serena made about her no love for tennis. That is the biggest croc I've read. She really knows how to lay it on thick. Let me tell you, with nothing but honesty, that it is impossible to become as good as Serena and not love the sport. Impossible. To vouch, you see kids thrown into a sport they may have liked but with pressure they grow to distaste it. Normal. You play a sport, without pressure, on your own but grow to feel like you don't like it. Ok, normal. You win grand slams, tournaments big and small. Change the game from one century to another. Beat the number ones to become one yourself. Hold up women's tennis for years, centuries. And you HATE the sport. Bullocks. Total bullocks. I'm sure you've noticed my distaste for her, but can't help it She rubs me the wrong way. Her sister is fine...it's the young brat that I don't like.

Another reason why she should love it, the money man!!! THE MONEY!! She could retire now, buy an island, and live there for the rest of her life....guess that's just my dream.

"You must suck in real life, cause online you are too awesome! " --------

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #3065
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
Oh yeah, not sure if you guys gave your opinion about the comment Serena made about her no love for tennis. That is the biggest croc I've read. She really knows how to lay it on thick. Let me tell you, with nothing but honesty, that it is impossible to become as good as Serena and not love the sport. Impossible. To vouch, you see kids thrown into a sport they may have liked but with pressure they grow to distaste it. Normal. You play a sport, without pressure, on your own but grow to feel like you don't like it. Ok, normal. You win grand slams, tournaments big and small. Change the game from one century to another. Beat the number ones to become one yourself. Hold up women's tennis for years, centuries. And you HATE the sport. Bullocks. Total bullocks. I'm sure you've noticed my distaste for her, but can't help it She rubs me the wrong way. Her sister is fine...it's the young brat that I don't like.

Another reason why she should love it, the money man!!! THE MONEY!! She could retire now, buy an island, and live there for the rest of her life....guess that's just my dream.
I think she likes being a celebrity. And doing great in tennis is her way of being one.
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #3066
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think she likes being a celebrity. And doing great in tennis is her way of being one.
Also,I think that she enjoys competing and showing dominance over the other gals--maybe that's why she's prone to undisciplined tantrums when she DOESN'T dominate..........the sport itself isn't loved by her so much otherwise she'd do it more often

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #3067
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

If she enjoyed competing she wouldn't skip events...

She doesn't like tennis, it's something that she was made to do by her parents. I think she somehow thinks she is bigger than the sport.

I think she should just hang up her racket and go to do some trash reality TV,LOL.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #3068
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
If she enjoyed competing she wouldn't skip events...

She doesn't like tennis, it's something that she was made to do by her parents. I think she somehow thinks she is bigger than the sport.

I think she should just hang up her racket and go to do some trash reality TV,LOL.
She has to like it to some degree. Otherwise she couldn't have achieved what she has. I can easily imagine her sticking around for another three or four years and being a big player. I don't mind her personality and the occasonal controversy doesn't bother me. I do agree however that her 'part-time player" attitude is not good for the game. If all of the big players would do that it would be the end of the tour.
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #3069
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Sorta seems to be the attitude of a fair amount of tennis 'fans' though. Only events that matter are major tournaments.

I think the celebrity lifestyle's become so deeply linked with the concept of the professional athlete so much now that the issue isn't how many matches you win, but that you appear to win the 'correct' matches and 'correctly' disregard other tournaments which, now you are a 'celebrity', are too much for you to lower yourself to the level of playing in.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #3070
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Sorta seems to be the attitude of a fair amount of tennis 'fans' though. Only events that matter are major tournaments.

I think the celebrity lifestyle's become so deeply linked with the concept of the professional athlete so much now that the issue isn't how many matches you win, but that you appear to win the 'correct' matches and 'correctly' disregard other tournaments which, now you are a 'celebrity', are too much for you to lower yourself to the level of playing in.
Don't have anything worthwhile to add to this,but I couldn't help commenting on your highlighted quote....Just in case you were wondering,I have yet to experience an orgasm over the martian's absence--nor do I expect one to be forthcoming

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #3071

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Aye.

I thought it was quite amusingly worded in a sort of left-field way.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #3072
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
Oh yeah, not sure if you guys gave your opinion about the comment Serena made about her no love for tennis. That is the biggest croc I've read. She really knows how to lay it on thick. Let me tell you, with nothing but honesty, that it is impossible to become as good as Serena and not love the sport. Impossible.
Well I haven't read the full context of the statement, however, I will say that it's more than possible to excel in a field you detest. History is littered with examples of this. Further, we are never fully privy to the circumstance surrounding a persons life, and there is always the possibility of unknowns involved, and the very personal interpretation of the cost of success and the battles involved.

BTW, thanks for the update re your tennis, Always good to hear, and my apologies for missing that post earlier.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #3073

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...5#post20699365

Da Caro Brigade!

What up, mi posse. Let's make some noise, yo.

Got backhandsmash on beats, DIAH rocking the mic-ro-phoooone. MC Chrissie-fan and DJ protoss provide some crucial rhythms. Cap420 and marineblue representin' up front of the house. Bruce and Schiller givin' no disrespezzy.

And many thanks to Burisleif for allowing us to play at his superbly refurbished venue.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #3074

There are a bunch of people I missed off that.

Perhaps we shoulda held auditions.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #3075
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, very good, postal.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread