** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 234 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #3496
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Well, sooner or later Martha will have to beat Super Na, hoping so at least

Old Dec 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #3497
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Finally Fed Cup again for Maria! Hope Petrova, Zvonareva and Chakvetadze play too!
With Maria in Russia's Fed Cup first round tie against Spain are playing Kuznetsova, Pavlyuchenkova and Petrova
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #3498
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Well, sooner or later Martha will have to beat Super Na, hoping so at least
Yes, I really want her to get a win over Na. She really should have won that first set at YEC.
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #3499
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

She needs wins over Na and Azarenka ASAP
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 09:22 AM   #3500
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

Style File: Maria Sharapova

Jemma Nicholls

Dec 21, 2011

The Russian professional tennis player Maria Yuryevna Sharapova needs no introduction. Anyone who has even a vague interest in sport will have probably heard of her and her successes; a former world No. 1, Sharapova made her professional breakthrough in 2004 when, at age 17, she defeated the two-time defending champion Serena Williams in the 2004 Wimbledon Final for her first Grand Slam singles title. She went on to win two more Grand Slam singles titles at the 2006 US Open and 2008 Australian Open. Since then, Sharapova has won five singles titles (bringing her career total to 24) and is currently ranked world No. 4.

For Sharapova, her interest in the game started young: "I started playing with a racket when I was about 4 years old. I used to accompany my dad when he played tennis and I quickly showed some enthusiasm in hitting the wall with a (ball) and racket."

Sharapova's public profile extends beyond tennis, as she has undertaken a number of modelling assignments and is a brand ambassador for TAG Heuer. Since February 2007, she has been a United Nations Development Programme Goodwill Ambassador, concerned specifically with the Chernobyl Recovery and Development Programme. Tennis, it seems, opened many doors, as she says: "It made me who I am now and I am thankful for every bit of it. It gave me the chance to travel worldwide, to experience different cultures, to meet fantastic people and most importantly, it brought me the most loyal fans I could ever dream of."

In June 2011, she was named one of the 30 Legends of Women's Tennis: Past, Present and Future by Time magazine. She talks to Jemma Nicholls about her life and passions.

MARIA'S WORLD

FIVE WORDS TO DESCRIBE ME ARE... sincere, hard-working, focused, passionate, fashionista.

BEING STYLISH MEANS... less is more. Finding the right balance between "wow" and understated elegance.

I FEEL HAPPIEST... at any big stadium for a night match.

MY HEROES IN REAL LIFE ARE... my parents. I admire the courage they had to help me follow my dream.

WHAT DRIVES ME ON IS... my passion for tennis, for the game and the competition.

I NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT... my cell phone and my TAG Heuer watch. Being on time is a matter of respect for the people I interract with. It is key in my sport too.

MY FAVOURITE WAY TO RELAX IS... reading a good book, designing, sketching and spending time with my friends and family.

MY MOST DEFINING MOMENT SO FAR IS... when I won Wimbledon. It was like all the hard work I had put in for years had finally paid off.
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #3501
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Hobart chance to lure Russian Maria by: Adam Smith From: The Mercury December 28, 2011 9:05AM Increase Text SizeDecrease Text

RUSSIAN glamour girl Maria Sharapova could make a shock appearance at the Moorilla Hobart International next month.
The three-time Grand Slam champion withdrew from the Brisbane International which kicks off this Sunday on Christmas Eve due to an ankle injury but with the Hobart main draw not starting until January 8, the extra week could prove the sealer.

Tournament director Mark Handley told the Mercury yesterday he has spoken to Sharapova's management team about the possibility of her joining the 2012 field.

Australians Casey Dellacqua and rising star Ashleigh Barty have been handed two of the four Hobart wildcards, and Handley will now hold on to another for as long as possible while the lure of landing Sharapova remains.

Handley also revealed he is still in contact with Venus Williams, but is less optimistic about securing the American compared to Sharapova.

Williams has not played an official match since her first-round victory at the US Open after being diagnosed with
Sjogren's syndrome, and pulled out of the ASB Classic in Auckland, putting her Australian Open campaign in doubt.

Sharapova first hurt her left ankle at the Pan Pacific Championships in Tokyo in September, and was forced to withdraw from the China Open and later the WTA Championships in Istanbul following two losses.

Although the 24-year-old traditionally does not play any Australian-based lead-up tournaments before the first Grand Slam of the season, a lack of decent match practice may see her play in Hobart.

The only other tournament available before the Open, which starts on January 16, is the Sydney International where Sharapova is the only top 10 player not participating.

``We are not expecting to hear anything until really late, there will be no early answer either way unfortunately,'' Handley said. ``Nominations for the qualifying draw are open until lunchtime on the fifth, so she has pretty much until then to make her mind up.

``At the moment though we are holding one [a wildcard] for her just in case.

``If we could get her it would be massive, a huge boost for the tournament.''

In total, 15 of the top 50 female players have entered the Hobart International, headlined by former world No.12 Yanina Wickmayer.

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #3502
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

AS IF NOT COME TO SYDNEY?!

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #3503
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

no maria, come to sydney

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #3504
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

I know right

But I understand I guess, she wants to win a few matches.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #3505
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds like a good thing, to me. At least we might get new pictures of her.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2011, 05:46 AM   #3506
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love for her to play some matches before AO, so I am all in for Hobart
Old Dec 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #3507
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

She's gonna play 2 matches max to save up the energy for Melbourne. But I doubt she'll play Hobart.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #3508
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Maria Sharapova likely to play in Moorilla Hobart International

Wednesday, December 28th, 2011 at 12:58 pm , filed under Tennis News by Terry Lawrence

The former World No. 1 Maria Sharapova is likely to play in the 2012 Moorilla Hobart International championship at the Hobart International Tennis Centre in Hobart next month.

The three-time Grand slam champion Maria Sharapova has withdrawn from the Brisbane International championship with ankle injury, where she has sustained the pain at the Pan Pacific Championships in Tokyo in September. Sharapova is expected to play in the Moorilla Hobart International, before heading into the Australian Open, which will begin on 16th January at Melbourne Park. Hobart International director Mark Handley said tournament main draw will begin till 8th January, which the additional week could prove the sealer.

The 24-year-old Sharapova, who has enjoyed her off court season a lot, but she was disappointed to skip Brisbane International with ankle injury. Mark Handley said he had spoken with Sharapova’s management team, where she is expected to appear in the Moorilla Hobart International, which will take place at the Hobart International Tennis Centre in Hobart, being played on outdoor hard courts. Russian beauty hopes to be fit to play in Moorilla Hobart event, who was suffering from ankle injury.

Sharapova has played great tennis in 2011 season with winning two WTA titles at Rome and Cincinnati, where she also reached the Wimbledon final at All England Club in July.

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 04:24 AM   #3509
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think she will play Hobart.
So not getting my hopes high at all.
Especially after the big bam she gave for Brisbane I was sooo excited for Brisbane.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 04:50 AM   #3510
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I very much doubt she will play Hobart. Its only a week after Brisbane and if she could play Hobart she probably could have played Brisbane. If she is healthy it would be a very smart choice though. Her opponents wont be too tough and she should get a lot of match practice and confidence.
Andy. is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread