Master'U 2011 in Rouen (France) Dec 8th to 11th - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #1
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Master'U 2011 in Rouen (France) Dec 8th to 11th

Master’U BNP PARIBAS 2011 will be held in Rouen (France) from December 8th to 11th : Livescore and news HERE

8 nations are going to compete: France – USA – China – Belgium – Ireland – Spain – Great Britain – Germany

USA college team is very impressive, especially women with Beatrice Capra, Duke; Jacqueline Cako, Arizona State; Lauren Embree, Florida : http://www.master-u-bnpparibas.com/2011/11/1889/

USTA ANNOUNCES U.S. TEAM FOR MASTER’U BNP PARIBAS

Eight Nations to Compete in International Collegiate Team Competition in Rouen, France, December 8-11

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., November 17, 2011 — The USTA announced today the top American collegians selected to represent the United States in the sixth annual Master’U BNP Paribas, an international collegiate team competition held December 8-11 in Rouen, France. The event features eight teams composed of college and university players from around the world.

The U.S., which defeated France to win the 2009 title and then lost to France in the 2010 final, will be competing for the fourth consecutive year against a talented field that includes teams from Belgium, China, France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland and Spain. The teams will compete in a best-of-seven format consisting of two men’s and two women’s singles matches, one men’s and one women’s doubles match, and one mixed doubles match.

Men: Jarmere Jenkins,Virginia; Daniel Nguyen, USC; Wil Spencer, Georgia.

Women: Beatrice Capra, Duke; Jacqueline Cako, Arizona State; Lauren Embree, Florida.

For the third consecutive year, the team will be coached by Greg Patton, the head coach of the Boise State University men’s tennis team, and Mark Guilbeau, the head women’s tennis coach at the University of Virginia, who will be coaching for the second straight year. Roster spots for the team were selected by a committee of USTA Player Development and coaches and staff from the Intercollegiate Tennis Association.

Capra, a freshman from Ellicott City, Md., reached the third round at the 2010 US Open after upsetting then world No. 20 Aravane Rezai in the second round, and is the top-ranked freshman in the ITA Preseason Division I rankings. Cako, a sophomore from Brier, Wash., reached the final at the 2011 ITA/Riviera All-American Championships, and is No. 11 in the ITA Preseason Division I rankings. Embree, a junior from Marco Island, Fla., won the title-clinching match for Florida at the 2011 NCAA Championships and is No. 5 in the ITA Preseason Division I singles rankings. Embree was a member of the 2011 USTA Collegiate Team, an elite training program funded by the USTA to provide top American collegians with valuable exposure to the USTA Pro Circuit in a team-oriented environment.

Jenkins, a junior from College Park, Ga., was named to the 2011 NCAA Championship All-Tournament Team after helping lead the Cavaliers to its first-ever men’s final. Nguyen, a senior from Oxnard, Calif., won the title-clinching match for the Trojans for the second consecutive year at the 2011 NCAA Championships. Spencer, a senior from Ponce de Leon, Fla., reached the final at the 2011 ITA All-American Championships and is No. 6 in the ITA Preseason Division I rankings.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #2
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Master'U 2011 in Rouen (France) Dec 8th to 11th

Who are the players representing the other countries?
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #3
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Who are the players representing the other countries?
Only French team with Nathalie Piquion from Rouen University, Nelly Ciolkowski from Duke and Anaïs Van Cauter from Montpellier university.
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #4
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Nelly was on the Clemson squad

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #5
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I thought Nelly was on the Clemson squad
You're right. Sorry for the mistake.

For your information, as i know you're UCLA fan, former UCLA Teammate Maya Johansson played with sibling Mathilde some matchs in november. She made a very good match vs Zuzana Kucova (current WTA 186) 2 weeks ago, only losing in 3 closed sets.
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #6
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
You're right. Sorry for the mistake.

For your information, as i know you're UCLA fan, former UCLA Teammate Maya Johansson played with sibling Mathilde some matchs in november. She made a very good match vs Zuzana Kucova (current WTA 186) 2 weeks ago, only losing in 3 closed sets.
When did I say I was a UCLA fan? USC but my 'allegiance' is being diluted these days
And thx for the info

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #7
country flag Lighter

Draw here : http://www.master-u-bnpparibas.com/2...irage-au-sort/

Matches on livescore.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #8
country flag Lighter

Finals : France- Etats-Unis : 3/4

CIOLKOWSKI Nelly Vs EMBREE Lauren: 6/4 2/6 6/4
PIQUION Nathalie Vs CAPRA Beatrice: 6/3 6/2
ROCHER Sébastien Vs SPENCER Wil: 3/6 6/1 6/7
MARIE Jules Vs JENKINS Jarmere: 6/0 6/1
VAN CAUTER Anais – CIOLKOWSKI Nelly Vs CAPRA Beatrice – EMBREE Lauren: 5/7 0/6
DESCLOIX Dorian- MARIE Jules Vs JENKINS Jamere-NGUYEN Daniel: 3/6 3/6
DESCLOIX Dorian- PIQUION Nathalie Vs NGUYEN Daniel- CAKO Jacqueline: 4/6 1/6
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #9
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness for doubles. Can't believe Ciolkowski beat Embree!
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #10
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Thank goodness for doubles. Can't believe Ciolkowski beat Embree!
It was on red clay indoor....

http://mcetv.fr/mon-mag/1312-voir-et...-sur-mcereplay
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 05:52 PM   #11
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I thought Embree might do well on clay

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #12
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember when this happened?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8n5jYvuJWY
tucker1989 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #13
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

ooh nice video, thx.

and nice drop shot

- Woodrow Wilson