What tennis racquet do you use? - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #226
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexxx View Post
Pro Open or Pro Tour? I played with the Pro Tour 2 times (my friend has it) and it feels really good, especially when serving
I think it's the Pro Lite actually. So a lightweight version. It has great feel. Only small downside is that you have to create power by yourself instead of letting the racket do it for you. But that's not an issue for me

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #227
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

I used Prince EXO3 RED

Sharah Peer ex-racquet

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~A-Radwanska~Konjuh~Mattek-Sands

Capriati-Li-Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #228
country flag joanyjo

joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice

Have anyone played with Babolat Pure Storm Team? any thoughts? Thanks
joanyjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #229
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Any opinions on the Yonex RDIS 100 midplus? The specs look like something I would do well with. Any alternatives to it if you guys don't like it?
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #230
Anna F'd Enrique

Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of

Babolat Pure Drive 135th Anniversary Edition

w/ Dunlop Black Widow 17 at 54 tension for mains
and Dunlop DNA 17 at 52 tension for crosses

This set up is awesome.
Anna F'd Enrique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 08:06 AM   #231
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
How do you find it? I finally got to play test it tonight after a busy few weeks. It's the most unforgiving racket I have ever used . It feels very stiff and deceptively light. The racket has very little feel and very little feedback. It literally forces you to destroy every ball and I found it difficult to reign in the power and was hitting a lot of balls long. However, when it was on it was ON It was creating a very loud gorgeous popping sound when struck clean and added to the effect of winners . As mentioned by many reviewers I can also feel tension in my elbow and shoulder now after using it...I really like it and do not regret purchasing it. I think with a little more practice it could become a great weapon!
Sorry such a late reply!
I love the racquet ever since i picked it up. I do sometimes fly the odd ball wide or long with it but i love its power and spin and i can maintain pretty good control. I saw alot of people said they could feel it in their elbow and shoulder but this hasnt happened to me yet

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #232
country flag Mr. Monfils

Mr. Monfils is an unknown quantity at this point

How much better would you say your racket makes you? Do you feel that you could lose to someone simply because you have a worse racket than them or is it more psychological? I'm very curious about the technology vs. technique aspect of tennis.
Mr. Monfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #233

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monfils View Post
How much better would you say your racket makes you? Do you feel that you could lose to someone simply because you have a worse racket than them or is it more psychological? I'm very curious about the technology vs. technique aspect of tennis.
Obviously technique matters more than technology. However, having the wrong racquet can really hurt your game. For example, if you are a beginner and you are using a player's racquet, you will be hindered because players racquets aren't very forgiving and require you to have a full swing. At the same time, a very advanced powerful player using a beginner racquet will be hindered because they might have to adjust their swing in order to keep their balls in. Otherwise they will have a very very low margin of error.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #234
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
I sometimes do think that way, knowing that I frame/shank shots because I downsized to a Midsize Plus. I also think it's more psychological. You have less confidence in your shots. Sometimes, your technique deteriorates because you compensate for a poor racket.

It's always amazing to pick up a racket and realize that it's perfect for your game.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #235
country flag Mr. Monfils

Well I'm sort of a beginner, just started playing regularly about a year ago and am wondering what would work for me. I like hitting big serves and a lot of my game is focused on my athletic ability, i.e. chasing down returns and hitting them back on the run a lot. I try to fit in some volley play as well. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #236

Quote:
Well I'm sort of a beginner, just started playing regularly about a year ago and am wondering what would work for me. I like hitting big serves and a lot of my game is focused on my athletic ability, i.e. chasing down returns and hitting them back on the run a lot. I try to fit in some volley play as well. Any suggestions?
Do you know what level player you are? Do you use a lot of topspin? Do you have any injuries/body problems? Do you have long fluid strokes or short compact strokes?
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #237
country flag Mr. Monfils

No body problems, short strokes when I'm running around but big hits when I have some time. Top spin is a must in tennis, cmon!
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #238

Quote:
No body problems, short strokes when I'm running around but big hits when I have some time. Top spin is a must in tennis, cmon!
What racquet do you currently use? Is there anything in particular that you want different?
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #239
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Think I'm going to demo a few racquets for a potential buy over Xmas. Has anybody tried or can anybody recommend or comment on the following:

Babolat Aeropro Drive GT
Prince EXO3 White
Prince EXO3 Black

Currently playing with a Prince O3 Speedport White, which I love, but I kinda wanted to see what I've been missing. From the reviews I've read, I've heard that the Babolat is a stiff racquet that seems to lead to arm/wrist/shoulder injuries, which I don't like, having had arthroscopic shoulder surgery a few years ago, and being a hard, flat hitter. Any playing experiences?

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 12:51 AM   #240
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

^ used ex o3 white, similar to o3 white but u get a lot more easy power and control, i loved it. I just changed to head because prince racquet break to easy! id weakly hit it on the ground (yes im an angry player) and the frame would crack.

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote