Anett Kontaveit - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #226
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If she wins the Australian open and gets up to No. 2, then she will be able to play 1 100,000 and 2 75000.
Only year end ranking counts for the junior exempt program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
What does it mean she can play 3 25k tournaments? If she didn't finish the year as top 10 junior, she couldn't play even if her WTA ranking was good enough?
Juniors ranked 6-10 in the year end rankings, can enter 3 25k main draws in the following year, regardless of their WTA ranking. Junior exempts are like wild-cards in that sense. Of course, she is allowed to play more, if her ranking will be good enough.

Last edited by Meelis : Dec 13th, 2011 at 06:22 PM.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #227
country flag Rusher

Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all

Short interview with Anett:

http://sport.err.ee/tennis/83719703-...3-111bdfb0cf9e
Rusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #228
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

So do you think that she will play the Tallinn 10K tournaments, or not waste her time on 10ks. I think it's just a waste of 2 tournaments. She should use her 12 tournaments wisely, focusing on 25ks and maybe a few 50ks, maybe even a wta at bastad or copenhagen (if she gets a wildcard. Her ranking is high enough to get into baku and tashkent right now!

EDIT: Actually, with her current ranking (568) she could make qualifying into the following tournaments using their last direct acceptances from the 2011 tournament (there are no new tournaments for 2012/tournaments form 2011 being cut out):
Auckland
Hobart
Fes (the qualifying list hasn't been released)
Budapest
Baku
Quebec City
Tashkent (they put in extra wcs for the people who didn't come)

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 04:09 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #229
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she'll try to play WTA events yet. But maybe it depends on how her Fed Cup matches will go (it should be a bit easier in the zonal groups, than playing against top 50)
I think she'll play those two Tallinn tournaments, and then probably try more on the 25k (or higher).
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #230
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

That should be 2 tournament wins, if she uses the home crowd, has a good off season and continues to perform well on the pro-circuit. Although the tallinn tournaments always draw a good field. The challenger in 2010 had anne keothavong, who at the time was 140 in the rankings. Does anyone know if they offer hospitatility or something, because i know that some futures give hospitality even if it is not in the factsheet.

Fed Cup should be great. It's right at her current level. As the second player, there will be no one in the top 100 (except poland, netherlands, great britain and sweden [Great britain is the only one able to get in Estonia's pool]) so she may even be able to record some wins. Hopefully the juniors Aussie Open should give her some momentum.

It's such a shame that fed cup is in israel, cause it would have been great to play some tournaments in the Australian Autumn 25K swing (Launceston, Sydney, Mildura, Bundaberg etc.). Many of the juniors like to play Burnie (Saisai Zheng and Eugenie Bouchard played last years final and Irina Khromacheva made quarters). She could have gotten some great match experience.

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #231
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

The one in 2010 was a 25k I doubt Keothavong would have came if it was 10k.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #232
country flag chingching

I know. That's why I said Challenger

I think that she should try and use the 25k wildcards as quickly as possible so that her ranking doesn't end up getting high enough not to need them later in the year. That would be a waste. Also, let's say she does win both Tallinn tournaments, then she will get 24 ranking points. If she made the semi finals of one 25k, she would have the same amount of ranking points.
Given that all her tournaments count and she is only allowed to play 12, I really think she should be avoiding 10ks, unless she gets into really bad form. Maybe she could play doubles in Tallinn and not singles, given that often she doesn't play doubles when she's on the road. A 10k win in doubles would help her ranking unlike 10k in singles

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 05:53 AM   #233
country flag WhoAmI?

Quote:
I know. That's why I said Challenger
Ah, okay.

Playing Tallinn might have something to do with a sponsor. Tallink supported those tournaments, and is also Anett's sponsor.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #234
country flag chingching

Does Anett get money or is it just support, because I know that Kanepi, Zopp and Ivanov get payed. (Kanepi=125k, Zopp=40k, Ivanov=12k)
http://www.ohtuleht.ee/455038
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #235
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That should be 2 tournament wins, if she uses the home crowd, has a good off season and continues to perform well on the pro-circuit. Although the tallinn tournaments always draw a good field. The challenger in 2010 had anne keothavong, who at the time was 140 in the rankings. Does anyone know if they offer hospitatility or something, because i know that some futures give hospitality even if it is not in the factsheet.

Fed Cup should be great. It's right at her current level. As the second player, there will be no one in the top 100 (except poland, netherlands, great britain and sweden [reat britain is the only one able to get in Estonia's pool]) so she may even be able to record some wins. Hopefully the juniors aussie open should give her some momentum.

It's such a shame that fed cup is in israel, cause it would have been great to play some tournaments in the australian autumn 25K swing (launceston, Sydney, Mildura, Bundaberg etc.). Many of the juniors like to play burnie (Saisai Zheng and Eugenie Bouchard played last years final and Irina Khromacheva made quarters). She could have gotten some great match experience.

I doubt Kaia will play Fed Cup this year

Graf
vik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #236
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
Why?
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #237
country flag chingching

Why wouldn't she? She said herself she loves playing it and there is still some good competition. On the other hand, it will test ever loyal Caro Wozniacki whether she will play Eur/Afr G II. Without her, Denmark has 2 ranked players. They will get smashed and relegated to Group 3. There are some decent teams in Group 2. E.g. Georgia, Latvia and Turkey

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #238
country flag WhoAmI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
that would really suck

Quote:
Does Anett get money or is it just support, because I know that Kanepi, Zopp and Ivanov get payed. (Kanepi=125k, Zopp=40k, Ivanov=12k)
Off-topic. I thought you were translating those articles through Google. How come you speak Estonian?
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #239
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anett was playing in Florida at the time and could´t be there Tallink will definitely continue to support her financially.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #240
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
that would really suck

Off-topic. I thought you were translating those articles through Google. How come you speak Estonian?
I am like Mia Nicole Eklund My father is Estonian, my mother is Dutch and I live in Australia. My parents thought they should teach me these languages. Also, Sabine Lisicki is my cousin.

My Estonian speaking isn't great because I am still learning but I can basically read anything and my writing's pretty good (except my spelling ). English is very different to Estonian (as you guys obviously know) whereas Dutch is kinda similar to English, so my Dutch is tonnes better. The reason why I like Estonian stuff is because of course one of my parents is Estonian but also because when I went to the Australian Open I saw Kaia Kanepi play Alicia Molik and I preffered Kaia. So I convinced my parents to sit with the mob of Estonian fans so I could cheer for Kaia without it looking weird. That's when Estonian tennis came into my life!

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 04:17 PM.