Donna Vekic - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #916
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold
Re: Donna Vekic

Donna won 7-6 6-4...I must say that I expected much easier win but nevermind...next one could be also difficult.
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 8th, 2011, 03:54 AM   #917
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

It's great she won but that ^ is surprisingly close. Also problematic is that she and Haas lost in R1 of doubles, in straight sets, even though they were seeded #5.

Her R3 match against Poznikhirenko could be very tough
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #918
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Yes this is strongest player so far in the Orange Bowl but I must say that I would be very disappointed if Donna lose this match...

Poznikhirenko is good but nothing special.

One final and one QF on 10 000 $ tournaments in a whole carrer, # 971 on WTA list, # 30 on junior list, never won a match on junior Grand Slam (and she played 5 of them)...

It's time for Donna to do something big on junior level.She is stuck on # 25-27 on junior list for months now.Only thing that goes to Donna's favor is surface that isn't her best.

Good luck today!!!
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #919
country flag okramb

Donna won the 1/8 final match by 6-2 6-2!!!

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Donna's first GA QF!!!
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #920
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Yes this is strongest player so far in the Orange Bowl but I must say that I would be very disappointed if Donna lose this match...

Poznikhirenko is good but nothing special.

One final and one QF on 10 000 $ tournaments in a whole carrer, # 971 on WTA list, # 30 on junior list, never won a match on junior Grand Slam (and she played 5 of them)...

It's time for Donna to do something big on junior level.She is stuck on # 25-27 on junior list for months now.Only thing that goes to Donna's favor is surface that isn't her best.

Good luck today!!!
Well i think she is more stuck on that junior rank due to the fact she did not play many junior tournaments in second part of the season. If you ask me, realistically atm she has the quality to be between rank 10 and 15.

Would be great if she makes a great result here and i think that would help her get alot of wild cards for senior tournaments as well.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #921
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

that's much more like it...easy win over a decent opponent
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #922
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaDonna View Post
Well i think she is more stuck on that junior rank due to the fact she did not play many junior tournaments in second part of the season. If you ask me, realistically atm she has the quality to be between rank 10 and 15.

Would be great if she makes a great result here and i think that would help her get alot of wild cards for senior tournaments as well.
No, she played 5 big tournaments (Roland Garros, Roehampton, Wimbledon, Berlin and US Open) but she didn't make big results (only final in Berlin but that is G1 no GA).This QF will bring her some points I think but I don't thinnk she can go through to semi-final because she will play against Bouchard and it's gonna be very difficult...
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #923
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Donna's best form came after all those tournaments. And she was decent with R16s at grand slams (and it is great result for someone who has just 15 years and can play junior tournaments for 3 more years) and her great results (especially 25k results) came after that and on her first junior appearance she is doing one more step further! + Already when some older girls get deleted from junior ranks (and with this great result) she will be around top 20 in juniors which will be significant improvement.
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 05:19 AM   #924
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Bouchard will be very tough but it's good for Donna to play against the best. Besides, it has already been a successful tournament for her and she'll reach a new CH ranking next week.

Good luck, Donna!
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 05:27 AM   #925
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
No, she played 5 big tournaments (Roland Garros, Roehampton, Wimbledon, Berlin and US Open) but she didn't make big results (only final in Berlin but that is G1 no GA).
Well, that's not really a good way to assess Donna's potential or performance. She reached R3 at all three GS's but at RG ran into Khromacheva, the #1 junior in the world, and at Wimbledon and USO ran into Putintseva (CH #7)--and both of them are more than a year older than Donna.
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #926
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Well, that's not really a good way to assess Donna's potential or performance. She reached R3 at all three GS's but at RG ran into Khromacheva, the #1 junior in the world, and at Wimbledon and USO ran into Putintseva (CH #7)--and both of them are more than a year older than Donna.
I was talking about that it's time for Donna to produce a big result in junior competition.1/8 finals are not big results they are just good results.My intention was not to underrate Donna's results so far but if she wants to be in top 10 or top 5 juniors she must produce big results on junior level.

This QF is good step up, Bouchard is the player that I don't expect from Donna to beat her, maybe next year...Good luck Donna!!!Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited by okramb : Dec 9th, 2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #927
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

Let's the things stay like this: she is the best on pro tour of her generation and younger's generation, she doesn't need big results and top places in juniors. Actually one big result (title or final, maybe even semis of GS) would be enough.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #928
country flag networthy

Someone on the Orange Bowl thread reported that Donna lost. No score was given.
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #929
country flag okramb

Yes, Donna lost 6-3 6-2...Nevermind, it was a good week for Donna, she won the matches she was supposed to won, Bouchard is too strong at this point but we'll see next year, I'm sure they are gonna play again soon.

This season is over for Donna and we can all say that it was a great season when we look where she was in January and where she is now.She confirmed herself as one of the strongest juniors and from no ranking at all she climbed up to top 400 on WTA list in just 6 months (from April to October) and she is just 15 years and 6 months old.

Any predictions what can she do next season?Top 150 in WTA?Top 5 in junior ranking?Semifinal or final on some junior Grand Slam?First win on some WTA tournament?
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #930
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I think a Top 200-250 year ending ranking on the WTA is a realistic goal for 2012.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread