Chris Evert Thread - Page 139 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 7th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #2071
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
she was attending the 'sportsman & sportswoman' awards for sports illustrated, and was one of the honorary past winners, from 1976.
Nice one.
Advertisement

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #2072
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Highlights from the 1979 French Open women's singles final between Chris Evert-Lloyd and Wendy Turnbull (followed by highlights from that year's men's doubles final): http://www.ina.fr/sport/tennis/video...sieurs.fr.html
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #2073
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmark401 View Post
Highlights from the 1979 French Open women's singles final between Chris Evert-Lloyd and Wendy Turnbull (followed by highlights from that year's men's doubles final): http://www.ina.fr/sport/tennis/video...sieurs.fr.html
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when I click on it, the link comes up, but the video doesn't play- just flips into pause mode and stays black screen. My French is minimal at best, so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong, I'd like to see it.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 03:08 AM   #2074
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice

Sounds like she had some fun....!!!
http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/12/09...of-year-party/
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 07:20 AM   #2075
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when I click on it, the link comes up, but the video doesn't play- just flips into pause mode and stays black screen. My French is minimal at best, so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong, I'd like to see it.
You have to wait until the whole film downloads, then it starts of its own accord.

The match contains one of the worst unforced errors by Evert I have ever seen! There is a point in which she just, for no apparent reason at all, suddenly decides to blooter a shot well into the tramlines!!
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #2076
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
You have to wait until the whole film downloads, then it starts of its own accord.

The match contains one of the worst unforced errors by Evert I have ever seen! There is a point in which she just, for no apparent reason at all, suddenly decides to blooter a shot well into the tramlines!!
I'll just pass on it. Waiting for the whole download, I could fly over to Roland Garros in the time it takes, and I have a pretty quick Macbook Pro. I don't think I need to see Turnbull on clay that badly, especially if there's an Evert blooper.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #2077
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
I'll just pass on it. Waiting for the whole download, I could fly over to Roland Garros in the time it takes, and I have a pretty quick Macbook Pro. I don't think I need to see Turnbull on clay that badly, especially if there's an Evert blooper.
Oh, it's not that long, just the time it takes to go away and make yourself a cup of tea! Mind you, it is not the best tennis at all, and boy does Evert hit some duff shots! Funny to compare this to her play at her very next tournament, which is when she beat Navratilova on grass at Eastbourne in a truly epic match. Mind you, there is one very deceptive drop shot that makes Wendy fall over. Turnbull looks a lot like Martina here. My French is not very good, but I think they said that Evert won 6-2, 6-0! They start with the presentation ceremony - you see a ballboy fighting with a photographer (!) as the girls walk up and the woman presenting the Suzanne Lenglen trophy can hardly lift it.
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #2078
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
Oh, it's not that long, just the time it takes to go away and make yourself a cup of tea! Mind you, it is not the best tennis at all, and boy does Evert hit some duff shots! Funny to compare this to her play at her very next tournament, which is when she beat Navratilova on grass at Eastbourne in a truly epic match. Mind you, there is one very deceptive drop shot that makes Wendy fall over. Turnbull looks a lot like Martina here. My French is not very good, but I think they said that Evert won 6-2, 6-0! They start with the presentation ceremony - you see a ballboy fighting with a photographer (!) as the girls walk up and the woman presenting the Suzanne Lenglen trophy can hardly lift it.
It only takes a few seconds to appear on the systems I've used. The final score was 6-2, 6-0 and they were kind enough to show one of the games won by Wendy. There was no one in that tournament capable of hurting Chris on clay. Tracy Austin, who had just beaten her in Rome, ending her record winning streak, didn't take part.
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 06:21 AM   #2079
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmark401 View Post
It only takes a few seconds to appear on the systems I've used. The final score was 6-2, 6-0 and they were kind enough to show one of the games won by Wendy. There was no one in that tournament capable of hurting Chris on clay. Tracy Austin, who had just beaten her in Rome, ending her record winning streak, didn't take part.
The highlights (if that's what they truly were) did show a number of errors by Evert and winners by Wendy. You wouldn't have thought so by the actual final score.

Now, as to no one in the tournament capable of hurting Chris on clay.....there just weren't many players at all capable of hurting her on clay at the time. This was 1979, and her clay court winning streak had just ended. And it was also just shortly after her wedding. She did actually struggle a bit int he spring: Fromholtz nearly beat her at the Fed Cup; she was extended to 3 sets twice at the Italian before the Austin match. and in the R16 at the French, Medrado played her to a tough 3 setter. Then she turned on the jets, and routed Fromholtz and Turnbull to win her 3rd French. There was no one who was capable of truly threatening Chris at Roland Garros at the time. And I'm gonna still rail against Austin for not playing the French. I would have loved nothing better than to see Chris whoop up on Tracy at Roland Garros. Because you just know Mrs. Lloyd would have had her blinders on, and her fingernails sharpened to do battle with Tracy.

I also clicked on another link from the French videos.
http://www.ina.fr/sport/tennis/video...-bimes.fr.html

Interesting one of Chris getting an award for fair play. Chris looks a little awkward that the presentation is in all French, until they finally come to her, and she looks relieved he addresses her in English! Funny that a graphic on screen reads Chris Evert Lloyd.....even though the award was from 1998, more than a decade after divorcing Lloyd.
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #2080
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

some other on exposay
pinapin54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #2081
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapin54 View Post

some other on exposay
Is he one of her sons ?
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #2082
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone knows where i can download: ESPN 30 for 30: 30 for 30: Unmatched - The Rivalry?
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:50 AM   #2083
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapin54 View Post

some other on exposay
Chris is 58 now. I think she looks pretty good....and I *still* don't believe she has ever had any work done
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:52 PM   #2084
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisFitz View Post
Chris is 58 now. I think she looks pretty good....and I *still* don't believe she has ever had any work done
i agree... i think that's a life well lived not surgery.

the 'guy' with her is Sports Illustrated's Kid of the Year Noah Flegel ....
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #2085
country flag Bagel-Monica

Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light Bagel-Monica is a glorious beacon of light

Chrissie

Flavia-Sammy-Kimiko-Svetlana-Daniela
Bagel-Monica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote