Chris Evert Thread - Page 138 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #2056
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
Can anyone say which Wilson racket Evert is using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmBDr...eature=related

Check out her incredible slice volley at 1:15!! "No way!"
Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
It's weird that she's saying she still plays with the Pro Staff. Every time I've seen her with a racquet it never looked like a Pro Staff at all for the last few years.
She has to play with official wilson rackets at charity events like these, because she's promoting wilson. From what i understand, the pro staff she has for her own use is more tailored to her specifications.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 18th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #2057
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95

She has to play with official wilson rackets at charity events like these, because she's promoting wilson. From what i understand, the pro staff she has for her own use is more tailored to her specifications.
Now that's shocking. Also shocking to see Chris play in Nike outfits, it's like she's not the same. To me Chris Evert = Ellesse. Clothes that were tailored to her...Besides I thought that she was relauching Ellese.
http://blogs.tennis.com/the_pro_shop...o-ellesse.html
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #2058
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

Quote:
Now that's shocking. Also shocking to see Chris play in Nike outfits, it's like she's not the same. To me Chris Evert = Ellesse. Clothes that were tailored to her...Besides I thought that she was relauching Ellese.
I have to say that I am never quite comfortable with Chris Evert and her many endorsements. I am not comfortable with the sight of "great tennis legends" being dictated what to do, what to wear, appearing in adverts on television... I always feel it should be the great sporting legends who tell the companies where to get off! Especially as the main aim is to flog merchandise to those of us at the bottom of the pyramid, who keep the money racket going... I feel more comfortable here with her perennial rival, Martina Navratilova, who gives time to taking up and defending the rights of minorities.
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #2059
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

http://www.bocaratonobserver.com/ind...nline&issue=68
pinapin54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #2060

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapin54 View Post
Badly photoshopped. You can barely see her eyes. Cool denim jacket though.
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #2061
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Badly photoshopped. You can barely see her eyes. Cool denim jacket though.
i agree, i hate that cover - especially since she really looked great for that phoot... go to page 52 where the article is & you have to wonder why they felt they needed to photoshop her!
http://issuu.com/bocaratonobserver/docs/bro_nov_2011/55
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #2062
country flag daze11

Quote:
http://blogs.tennis.com/the_pro_shop...o-ellesse.html
she is... she's helping to develop a chrissie evert line specifically - I, for one, will be glad to see the Nike go! especially once she gives her input into ellesse...i think her sense of style is excellent.
Old Nov 24th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #2063
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
I have to say that I am never quite comfortable with Chris Evert and her many endorsements. I am not comfortable with the sight of "great tennis legends" being dictated what to do, what to wear, appearing in adverts on television... I always feel it should be the great sporting legends who tell the companies where to get off! Especially as the main aim is to flog merchandise to those of us at the bottom of the pyramid, who keep the money racket going... I feel more comfortable here with her perennial rival, Martina Navratilova, who gives time to taking up and defending the rights of minorities.
Companies like Nike, adidas, Wilson, Ellesse, Pepsi, Hood, or whatever get to tell celebs what to do and what to wear, if they are paying them million$ of dollars! It's the way the world of advertising works. Chris Evert or Roger Federer don't get to run Nike while they ares still competing.

As far as flogging merchandise, well that's why clothing and racquet manufacturers make the stuff.....so they can sell it.

I also feel Chris may be an unfair target. Throughout her career, Chris has been very loyal to the initial tennis companies like Wilson. She used Wilson racquets growing up. She could have easily ditched Wilson in favor of another company who might have offered her twice as much as WIlson gave her. But that was not who Chrissie was. Same with Ellesse. Sure, some of those Evert Lipton Tea commercials were hokey. But I don't think Chris came anywhere close to maxing out on her endorsement potential.

I have to say too that Martina isn't the only one taking time to promote interests and causes that are important to her. Chris has staged a charity every year for @ 20 years now that has raised millions of dollars. And Martina was one of those players who seemed to switch racquets and clothing manufacturers frequently. She never exhibited the same loyalty that Chris did in that regard.

I believe Chris did so much for tennis in promoting Wilson, Ellesse and other products. She was a popular player who came along at the time the media and the sport were growing tremendously. I think it was a win-win situation all around. Chris was paid to endorse products she believed in and liked. The manufacturers were able to parlay Chris' popularity into increased sales. And fans were able to use racquets and outfit themselves with products used by the #1 player.
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2011, 07:05 AM   #2064
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
i agree, i hate that cover - especially since she really looked great for that phoot... go to page 52 where the article is & you have to wonder why they felt they needed to photoshop her!
http://issuu.com/bocaratonobserver/docs/bro_nov_2011/55
This cover is an example of Chris having "work done"!

Thankfully it was the kind of work that can be undone by a few mouse clicks, and other moves.
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #2065
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

http://www.cameraworkusa.com/f475882105
natural chrissie niiiice
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #2066

Quote:
Her cheeks are too puffy for my taste - a la Madonna.
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #2067
pinapin54

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vid...tsIllustrated/
..and beauty with sign of age...
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #2068

Quote:
What the hell is this ?
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #2069
pinapin54

sports illustrated gala: a lot of nice pix on wenn photos and getty
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #2070
country flag daze11

she was attending the 'sportsman & sportswoman' awards for sports illustrated, and was one of the honorary past winners, from 1976.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ce_ce.jpg (67.4 KB, 16 views)