** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 230 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:49 PM   #3436
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
we've been saying that for the past 3 years
We faithful fans must never lose hope! This year has been really good for her and I absolutely didn't expect her to be in the final of a GS. Hopefully next year we'll see similar or even better results.
JoPova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:05 PM   #3437
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason I feel like this year is either going to be really good or really bad
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM   #3438
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I feel exactly the opposite. I expect it to be average for some reason.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:14 PM   #3439
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

As long as she plays a full schedule, I am OK whatever her results turned out to be
that does not mean that I will not whine about every loss of hers, though
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:33 PM   #3440
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

The well for Masha News seems to have dried out - here's a little bit of news though:

Link: Sharapova healthy and training again

Link: Sharapova, Williams and Clijsters to open 2012 season at Brisbane International

Not much huh? - I know - I also wanted to link to an article posted on the tennis reporters.net but for some reason it is impossible to invoke the URL - so - I've ripped off the whole article

WTA 2011 Review: Maria
December 2, 2011 By Matthew Cronin

Maria made strides in 2011 but now must take a leap.

Maria Sharapova’s 2011 season can be seen in a variety of ways, one of which is that it was a major stepping stone back toward the top levels of the game; and another that clearly indicated that she has decent sized strides to take before she can consistently challenge the other elite players.

It was major year of transition for Sharapova: not only did she announce in the off season that she had become engaged to basketball player Sasha Vujacic (clearly a huge positive personally because she wanted stability), but at the start of the year she switched coaches from her longtime friend Michael Joyce to Swede Thomas Hogstedt, which for a while did take an emotional toll on her, and perhaps explains her below par performance at the Aussie Open. At first, she looked on confused court but gradually, by the spring, when she better understood how Hogstedt wanted her to attack, she began to look more comfortable.

The major positives that came out of her season started in Miami, where she reached the final; continued through the clay court season when she won her first major title on crushed brick in Rome; went on in Paris where reached the semis of Roland Garros; then continued though Wimbledon ,where she stung one opponent after another and reached the final.

But other than her revival in Miami and a title run in Cincinatti, the rest of the season on hard courts was not up to her pre 2009 standards, given that she is a former Australian Open and US Open titlist. She played arguably the worst match of her Grand Slam career in going down to Andre Petkovic in Australia and was seriously disappointed in the way she performed in the third set of her third round defeat to Flavia Pennetta at the US Open. Her fall was not noteworthy as she badly sprained her ankle in Tokyo and pulled out of the WTA Championships after two matches, and ended the year ranked No. 4.

What Sharapova can also be pleased about is that she scored big wins over Gen Caro members Wozniacki, Azarenka, Radwanska, Cibulkova and Lisicki. She also bested some veteran Russians, but did take tough losses to Pennetta, Petkovic (whom she did beat twice later in the season) Na Li, Serena and yes, for the first time, Sam Stosur.

Her return of second serves is still the game’s best, but her inability to hold serve consistently like she did before her October 2008 shoulder surgery has really affected her results, largely because her first serve isn’t as imposing as it once was and she now has an extremely inconsistent second serve that’s attackable.

After having trouble with her forehand at the start of the year, it did begin to improve. She’s using her legs more and now is able to put a little more topspin on it. Her backhand remains excellent both down the line and crosscourt.

But here are two critical parts of her game that absolutely has to improve in 2012: her transition game and her volleys. For whatever reason, she has all but abandoned her swing volley, which used to be one of her money shots. Plus, she’s simply is not secure enough hitting standard volleys.

Her movement has improved and she is much more committed to solid defense than she once was, but speeding side-to-side, and up and back will never be her forte, which is why she has to do dictating most of the time.

Sharapova is 24 now, young at heart, mature in her mind, but with a body that has been beaten up by 17 years of hardcore play from the time she arrived as a lost kid at the Nick Bollettieri Academy in Florida.

She is very much a veteran now, although she’s a few years younger than two of her most important rivals, Serena Williams and Kim Clijsters.

Next season will be critical for her, because it has to be assumed that Kvitova will continue to improve and she has as big of weapons as anyone out there. Azarenka has always played her tough, as has Wozniacki.

While Sharapova doesn’t weep buckets full of tears like she once did after tough losses, she is not going to be satisfied if she is pushed out of the top 5.

She needs to take some risks next year and push herself forward more in matches. She has survived a near career-ending injury, and now it’s time for her to go to phase three in her game, where she shortens points more by propelling herself closer to the net cords. She may take a few uncharacteristic losses at first, but if she can win five more points set up close to the net, her fourth Grand Slam title will be hers in 2012.

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Dec 2nd, 2011 at 07:12 PM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 08:19 PM   #3441
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

She still does the swing volley but not as often because her opponents are now quickly to retrieve the balls instead of pulling a lop to defend. It also depends on the game style - Caroline still does that to Maria and Radwanska too but Vika will never ever defend like that when playing Maria as she'll try passing shots and slice. Maybe we'll see more of the 'money shot' when she's playing lower ranked players.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 09:23 PM   #3442
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I expect big things from Maria next year. I really love that she chose to start the year in Brisbane even though I'm a little scared knowing that Brisbane doesn't have a big field and Maria could meet either Serena or Kim just after a match played, so maybe she'll be rusty , but If she starts the year by losing to Serena then kill me .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 05:58 PM   #3443
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who thinks its gonna be a discret fail the next year?
Rerun is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 11:54 PM   #3444
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
I expect big things from Maria next year. I really love that she chose to start the year in Brisbane even though I'm a little scared knowing that Brisbane doesn't have a big field and Maria could meet either Serena or Kim just after a match played, so maybe she'll be rusty , but If she starts the year by losing to Serena then kill me .
Oh god, this. I'll fucking shoot myself if she loses to Jameka.
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #3445
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Oh god, this. I'll fucking shoot myself if she loses to Jameka.

RIP MAke the most of your life in this very last month you have coz after Brisbane's QF/SF it ends
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #3446
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyannnnn View Post
This is the same reporter..same article..I think there is more here...awesome conversation with Maria...
http://www.wwd.com/eye/people/maria-...3052?full=true

http://foros.vogue.es/viewtopic.php?...062&start=1125
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #3447
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, lovely article
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #3448
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

Lol Maria sooo still collects stamps. I'm nearly positive the only reason she said she doesn't is so she's not inundated with more stamp collecting magazine offers, and to downplay her dorky reputation :P
T496 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #3449
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post

RIP MAke the most of your life in this very last month you have coz after Brisbane's QF/SF it ends
Pretty much
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #3450
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by T496 View Post
Lol Maria sooo still collects stamps. I'm nearly positive the only reason she said she doesn't is so she's not inundated with more stamp collecting magazine offers, and to downplay her dorky reputation :P
I think the same. I think there was also an article back then in 2004 or when did she reveal she collected stamps that her manager asked her not to talk much about it not to look like a nerd. I kinda have a feeling she still collects stamps.
Closed Thread