~Ana's articles~ - Page 203 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #3031
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

http://www.story.rs/video/17924-ana-...c-citajte.html

This was yesterday, Ana lead the Unicef event. She talked to kids about the books

Quote:
... talking about the point of the class...

Ana: "I think this is very nice. I can get some recommendations from you and I can recommend you something and it's really wonderful. For example, when I was in Stanford, I had also an opportunity to visit a bookstore and to spend some time with some even younger children and read them some books, that's why I was surprised to learn that every fifth child in Serbia doesn't have a picture book and it's really appaling 'cause kids learn some basic things from those picture books.

I love reading some romantic stories to relax when I'm on vacation. i also like true stories, we can learn a lot from them. There are also some inspiring books about the people who had some accident that happened on vacation or on the mountain ()... It really inspires you.

There's a lot of books I like. One of them is "The Rice Mother" by Rani Manicka. I also liked the trilogy "The girl with the tattoo" (I mean, the full name is "The girl with the dragon tattoo", she made a mistake )..."

Some kid: "Millennium" (the name of the whole trilogy)

Ana: "Yes, it's Millennium. Thank you. (smile) Did you read it?"

The kid: "No, my dad did."

Ana: "OK." (laughter)

The interviewer: "He still reads those Sci-Fi books, the fairy tales, he'll read about the girls later."

Ana: "Did you read it? (asks another kid)"

The kid: "No."

Ana: "And you did (talks to kid number 3). I must admit I don't like SciFi, I didn't read ... I couldn't understand... When I read a book, I'm trying to imagine myself in that situation. I love to create a relationship with the main characters, that's why I don't like seeing a movie based on book I liked. It looks different. Since I was a kid, I compared myself to the characters from the books."

The kid: "May you tell us which one?"

Ana: "There were so many of them. But I remember, among the first ones was Cindarella (smile). I really loved it. I read the biographies of the tennis players. I read the book by Monica Seles. I started playing tennis because of her. I could identify myself with her in some situations.
The books also helped me to assess someone.. to see someone's character, to see how other persons think... to learn that there's always someone else's side of the story. Even if someone acts nervy, maybe it's just a bad day, or maybe something happened that 'caused that attitude ( sweet and naive Baby Anči ).. I have hundreds of books. But they are on different places. It's very difficult to travel with the books. The bags are very heavy. My dad always complains: "Your bags are so heavy." But the books are in there."

The interviewer: "Ana will now gift you the books. And when Ana gifts you a book, don't you dare not to read it. (laughter)
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka : Sep 17th, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #3032
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.banjalukalive.com/tenis/a...inspirise.html

Quote:
All those who play tennis dream about doing what Nole did this season. There's no more dominant players on the WTA tour, the quality is pretty equal and it's a great chance for Serbian tennis players.

The only Serbian female player with a grand slam trophy Ana Ivanovic is thrilled by the success of her friend Novak Djokovic! The former number one in the world in an interview for "Press" said that Nole inspires her to make a comeback.
One of the best athletes in the world spoke about the situation in women's tennis, competing at the U.S. Open, her role as UNICEF ambassador ...

Currently you are ranked #20. Do you think it's finally time to get back to the place that you belong?

- I think that the situation in women's tennis has changed a lot and there's no more such dominant players like Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, even the Williams sisters are no longer invincible as before. It's great for Serbian tennis, but also for women's tennis in general, because now we have no absolute favorite, the quality is pretty equal and it is difficult to predict who will win the tournament. This situation definitely motivates me and I believe that if I work hard, I can prepare well for next season and then come back. Reaching the top 10 should be the first step, then everything will be easier.

Australian player Samantha Stosur won the USO, due to win over Serena Williams, who won a match against you in the fourth round. Did you expect such an outcome of the tournament in New York?

- We were all surprised that Stosur defeated Serena, but this is just another indication of how women's tennis has become equal and that there are more players who compete for the title. I played against Serena in the fourth round, despite the defeat I think I was pretty competitive. Unfortunately, the weather conditions were bad, there was a strong wind blowing and I had problems with the serve, and she managed to exploit that weakness. However, it is positive that I saw that I could be competitive and I expect to perform even better in our next match.

How do the fantastic results of Novak Djokovic affect you?

- We are all amazed by Novak's success. Honestly, after the great season Nadal had last year, I did not expect that someone would be able to repeat it, but Novak is even better. He did something that doesn't happen very often in the world of tennis. His brilliant winning streaks certainly motivate me, and now we all dream about repeating what he has done. I hope that in the future he will continue playing at such high level and that will stay the best in the world for a long time.

It seems that his success came as a result of winning the Davis Cup last year. Do you think that our team can defend the title?

- Victory in the national team certainly positively affects all the players and give them additional strength in the tournaments. The atmosphere in our team is great and it's a key to success. We have excellent tennis players who constantly cheer for each other, and in such situation they all give more than the maximum. I think guys can repeat the success, now they'll play the sf against Argentina and I believe in the victory in front of the home crowd.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!

Last edited by Cajka : Sep 17th, 2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #3033
country flag Cajka

http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...lick-interview

Ana is today featured in Blick, the best-selling newspaper of Switzerland, where she is a resident.

The following is a translated extract from the interview with reporter Christian Buerge:

Blick: On a good day you convincingly beat top players like Vera Zvonareva and Svetlana Kuznetsova. Then 24 hours later you lose tamely against a nobody. What's behind this?
Ana: That example had to do with my back injury. But sometimes it's concerned with the head, with self-confidence. And often, everything is connected somehow. Success is sometimes easy. And sometimes it's complex.

You were perhaps the biggest Serbian star. Now it is Novak Djokovic. Do you have words for what he experienced this year?
I wish I could do the same thing and learn. It's crazy. He is a hero in Serbia. What he has achieved is the dream of every athlete. I'm so happy for him, because we are very close friends. I saw him with the title win in Australia and I know how happy he is.

You live in Basel. Where can one see Ana Ivanovic?
I live near the zoo. Sometimes I go to the wellness centre, to use the spa, the pool or to relax in the sauna. Or I go to Oliv, my favorite restaurant.

Photo: John Russo
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #3034
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

The whole interview is very interesting. She praised Novak and said ,he didn't want to tell her what is "the secret" of his success. He just told her - she has to be happy, on and off the court, and to enjoy playing tennis... then he started joking and that was it.

Journalist asked her about Verdasco and Scott and why she had to end relationships with them. "It is hard, you have to invest a lot of time in a relationship. Of course, there are people, like Roger, who have found a perfect balance. He has a perfect love and a perfect partner. Nadal and Novak too. It is so much easier for men because...." ..and i couldn't understand anything further, so i'm going to ask my friend to translate that part for me tomorrow. I was using google translate, but when i saw result, i had to quote Rafa - "This is ridiculiiiis".
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #3035
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
The whole interview is very interesting. She praised Novak and said ,he didn't want to tell her what is "the secret" of his success. He just told her - she has to be happy, on and off the court, and to enjoy playing tennis... then he started joking and that was it.

Journalist asked her about Verdasco and Scott and why she had to end relationships with them. "It is hard, you have to invest a lot of time in a relationship. Of course, there are people, like Roger, who have found a perfect balance. He has a perfect love and a perfect partner. Nadal and Novak too. It is so much easier for men because...." ..and i couldn't understand anything further, so i'm going to ask my friend to translate that part for me tomorrow. I was using google translate, but when i saw result, i had to quote Rafa - "This is ridiculiiiis".
Thanx. It would be nice to get the translation of that part.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 08:24 AM   #3036
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

OK, my friend sent me this:

On Verdasco and Scott: "It is hard, you have to invest a lot of time in a relationship. Of course, there are men, like Roger, who has found a balance between private life and a career. He has a perfect love and a perfect partner. Nadal and Novak too. It is much easier for men, because they are less emotional. If girlfriend or a wife travel with a man, showing her love and support - it's normal and ok, but when man has to do he same - other people find that ridiculous and make a fun of him (I don't think that Rory, Sasha or Radek would agree with Ana).
Maybe i'll find the right mix some day, be able to have a good relationship and career, but right now, there are so many things that i want to achieve. I don't know if a girl can play great tennis and to be in love at the same time...i've tried everything - to be single and to be in a relationship. I don't know why i can't have both...i can't predict the future, but to be single is very hard (is not that easy).

On Fed: "Novak is very close friend of mine, but i was so sad when Roger lost SF match at US Open. That return from Novak was unbelievable. Roger played great, he was perfect, his serve was fantastic. He just couldn't convert those 2 match points. I know how it feels like".

Q:"You feel sorry for Federer?"

Ana: "In a way - yes. It is hard to feel sorry for the man who won 16 GS and every possible title. He played very well, he was so close, you know you are doing everything right and you can't win. It's not easy to deal with it when you lose the match that way".

On Novak: "He is total package,he has everything: BH, FH, return, serve,and what's most important - the winner attitude."
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 11:36 AM   #3037
country flag Cajka

I love her interview. Very mature! When she mentioned Novak's attitude, I think that she realizes that it's exactly what she doesn't have right now.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 12:44 PM   #3038
country flag gloria7

I prefer her latest interview for "Vecernje Novosti".Journalist is a brave man, he was asking the right questions:

1) You've won 2 "small" titles in 2 years. On what result is based your optimism ?

Ana: "I'm aware of that.But look at Kvitova,she didn't won many titles,but she got a GS".

2)You can beat the best players and ,next day, you can lose to an avarage one. Why?

Ana: "Confidence is very important.I have had a lot of bad and negative experiences and i've
lost many matches that i should have won. That's why i feel bigger pressure when i'm
playing against lower ranked opponents".

3)People say that you've lost your motivation, that you play because of commitments to your
sponsors, that you are not hungry anymore. Is that true?

Ana "I know the truth,everyone is entitled to their opinion.There were too many people around
me,who gave me the wrong advice, but now i can make my own decisions and make my own
choices".

4)Are you satisfied with your current ranking?

Ana:"No,of course.I'm used to be at the top.When i'm playing,i feel that people look at me as
i am still #1, or top5 player, and that creates some sort of pressure".

5)You always talk about GS, titles, and, yet, you don't have results to back up that kind of
talking.

Ana: "Yes,i know. That is an additional pressure. I thought i could win a title in China,i
played well there. But Nigel and i - we want to improve my service and we are working on
some specific elements in my game".

Then she said: "I should have done same thing as Sharapova - not to play that much when i had a difficult time, when i was injured. She didn't forced things, she took a break from tennis, she didn't play much. I haven't done the same, because i had a team around me, who kept telling me: "You have to play, you have to play!"...That was a big mistake, i played instead of having good preparations . I was always in the situation to chase something, because i didn't practiced ,and i didn't play much. In such circumstances i couldn't expect better results".
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 01:18 PM   #3039
country flag Cajka

Quote:

Then she said: "I should have done same thing as Sharapova - not to play that much when i had a difficult time, when i was injured. She didn't forced things, she took a break from tennis, she didn't play much. I haven't done the same, because i had a team around me, who kept telling me: "You have to play, you have to play!"...That was a big mistake, i played instead of having good preparations . I was always in the situation to chase something, because i didn't practiced ,and i didn't play much. In such circumstances i couldn't expect better results".
Is she talking about the time when she had that thumb injury in 2008? I still can't believe that she played few tournaments while having such an awful injury. I wonder if she would have a different career if she didn't make such a stupid mistake. Playing this year on AO was an awful decision too. Hopefully, she will FINALLY learn something. Just don't fire Nigel, Ana.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 08:41 PM   #3040
country flag gloria7

I have no idea, Cajka, i don't know what to think anymore. I'm worried because she said:

"I was wrong to listen to wrong advice... People around me gave me bad advice"...To play while having an injury? To add more tournaments to her schedule? To fire coaches? Who are those people?Who can make her to do things against her will?

"My team kept telling me to play...you have to play, you have to play". Who said that to Ana?
Lojanica & Heinz? Cahill & Morel? Lojanica & AVG? Sven & Cahill?

"But now i can make my own decisions and choices"...So she wasn't allowed to make decisions on her own? She had to obey and listen to Holzmann? Versi? Her parents? Sponsors? Maybe coaches?What happened, so that she decided to change all of that? Or she just love to blame others for her own bad choices and results?

Last year she said she will not repeat the mistakes of the past and she played injured 11, maybe 12 GS...and every other tournament. She blew up 11 chances to do something significant at GS. She is always injured, always. The last 3 years competition on WTA wasn't that strong but she couldn't fix her head and game...what a waste of time and talent...And did she reinvented the word "pressure" or what? She is putting so much unnecessary pressure on herself...If she has to play against BIg 4 - it's a pressure.Fans expect her to beat lower ranked players and win some MM tournament - it is an additional pressure. If journalists and fans still see her as a top 5 player - that is another reason for her to be nervous. Why she can take that as a compliment? People still believe in you, Ana.
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 09:40 PM   #3041
country flag Cajka

Quote:
I have no idea, Cajka, i don't know what to think anymore. I'm worried because she said:

"I was wrong to listen to wrong advice... People around me gave me bad advice"...To play while having an injury? To add more tournaments to her schedule? To fire coaches? Who are those people?Who can make her to do things against her will?

"My team kept telling me to play...you have to play, you have to play". Who said that to Ana?
Lojanica & Heinz? Cahill & Morel? Lojanica & AVG? Sven & Cahill?

"But now i can make my own decisions and choices"...So she wasn't allowed to make decisions on her own? She had to obey and listen to Holzmann? Versi? Her parents? Sponsors? Maybe coaches?What happened, so that she decided to change all of that? Or she just love to blame others for her own bad choices and results?

Last year she said she will not repeat the mistakes of the past and she played injured 11, maybe 12 GS...and every other tournament. She blew up 11 chances to do something significant at GS. She is always injured, always. The last 3 years competition on WTA wasn't that strong but she couldn't fix her head and game...what a waste of time and talent...And did she reinvented the word "pressure" or what? She is putting so much unnecessary pressure on herself...If she has to play against BIg 4 - it's a pressure.Fans expect her to beat lower ranked players and win some MM tournament - it is an additional pressure. If journalists and fans still see her as a top 5 player - that is another reason for her to be nervous. Why she can take that as a compliment? People still believe in you, Ana.
She was probably talking about the coaches from Adidas. But, there's also one interesting thing, she's been saying some things for a while. She wants to make her own decisions. That's a very interesting thing. She's a very marketable player, some people obviously need her to earn them money. Maybe it's really Dan. I hope that Ana will make her own decisions, but that she will also take Nigel's advices, it's the most important thing. If she takes advices from someone who has no clue about the tennis, no wonder she's totally screwed.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #3042
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Tennis ace Ana Ivanovic watches Adam Scott play at the Australian Open golf tournament

SERBIAN tennis glamour Ana Ivanovic has a love affair with Sydney and her results on court have little to do with it.

The former world No.1 has revealed that a desire to improve her Australian Open preparation is only a small reason she has agreed to play in the Apia International Sydney tournament at Olympic Park from January 8-14.

"I love the beaches. I love Manly. I love Bondi. It's hard to choose which to go for," Ivanovic said yesterday.

"I love the culture of going to the beach and having breakfast there and then just relaxing. The shopping is great. The harbour is really nice to walk around.

"I'm really excited to go back there. It's one of my favourite events."

Ivanovic will also play the Brisbane International in the first week of January.

Her decision to play back-to-back tournaments in Australia before the Australian Open comes just days after it was revealed she has rekindled her relationship with Aussie golfer Adam Scott. She was spotted yesterday cheering him on in the Australian Open at The Lakes Golf Club.

"All my friends back home get so jealous," she said of being on holiday in Australia.

"I get the text messages from them saying 'we're freezing'. And I'm here in Australia sunbathing during the Christmas time."
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #3043
country flag gloria7

Part of Nigel's interview (Vecernje Novosti, "I'll get back Ana to the top")

- Ana waited a year and a half to work with Nigel (due to his obligations in LTA),

- She hired a physio after Luxembourg and he will be with her in Australia during the off
season, to help her. New team will focus on taking care of Ana's health to avoid re-injury,

- Goal is to get her back to the top 10( in the 2nd part of the season), to end 2012 in top 8
and qualify for Istanbul,

- Olympics are very important to them, they are optimistic about tournaments in Australia since
she has no points to defend, and they expect good results on clay too,

- Progress is evident but there is no room for euphoria, the real work is in front of Ana, she
knows that. It was very encouraging for Nigel to see how well Ana played against Vera and
Kuzzy. He thinks she should play like that in the future. Part of his job is to remind Ana
that she won a GS and already beat top players in the past,

-Nigel spent some time in Belgrade before going to Bali: " They spoiled me (Ana and her
parents),they took me everywhere. I felt like i was going to explode, because i ate and drank
so much".
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #3044
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

She has a physio Good to have a bigger team. I wonder who it is.

I really hope Ana manages to get back to the top 10 next year.
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #3045
country flag gloria7

According to Herald Sun, "Ana Ivanovic will step out with Adam Scott at tomorrow night's Presidents Cup gala dinner at Crown. The Presidents Cup, held every two years, will take place this week at Royal Melbourne Golf Club".

Hmmm....The white Matthew Williamson's dress we saw in Bali ?