Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 8th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #31
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
It's pretty shocking that she was ranked this low, but I'm not surprised that she didn't do too well. For some reason a large proportion of the worst category of trolls really dislikes Sam. I think they can't stand the fact that she just gets on with the business of playing tennis, without having her own designer line of tennis outfits, with no soap-stars in her box, without grunting or abusing the officials, and generally not being a drama queen. As well, for most of them their fav being beaten once in an important match by Sam is grounds enough for a lifetime of hatred. Jerks like this are attracted to these polls like bees to a honeypot. I take heart from the fact that Sam is both respected and liked by practically everybody involved in tennis in a professional capacity. I don't think she needs to lose any sleep if a bunch of hideous trolls hates her.

Btw: rank 200+ is not as bad as it looks. The way these contests work is that players get + points for being liked and - points for being disliked. So any player who gets + points from a lonely fan and no - points will be ranked higher than all players who get a lot of both, but more - than +. Stupid scoring system for a stupid poll.
Yeah the second paragraph is exactly right. I guess most people have a certain number of favourite players that they're obsessed with, but probably struggle to come up with a "dislike" list off the cuff. Sammy's just a name that's more likely to come to mind since getting into the top ten.

Some of the bitter Serena fan are just hilarious though.

Guurrrl, you are so fierce; I can't, I just can't

etc.

Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #32
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Yeah the second paragraph is exactly right. I guess most people have a certain number of favourite players that they're obsessed with, but probably struggle to come up with a "dislike" list off the cuff. Sammy's just a name that's more likely to come to mind since getting into the top ten.

Some of the bitter Serena fan are just hilarious though.

Guurrrl, you are so fierce; I can't, I just can't
etc.

Yeah - they are really big on the "fuck you" animated gifs. Don't get it really. I mean Serena is probably one of the greatest of all time, yet her fans can't accept a few defeats here and there? The fact that Sam trounced her doesn't alter Serena's greatness at all. I think those fans live in a delusion where their fave is ALWAYS perfect. And if she wasn't, she was injured, ill or impeded in some way. They like to forget that Sam also beat Serena at RG when Serena was the number one seed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisforadults View Post
Sam is not your normal tennis poster girl. I can understand why people can't embrace her sunnies and muscles.
I know what you mean, but I don't really understand it. It was because of the sunnies and muscles that I noticed her - sooooooo cool.

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #33
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymnos View Post
Nerve wracking and exciting, indeed, at all times! But it comes along with being Sammy's fans! Besides, I like to think that otherwise it would be a bit boring.
I kind of agree with you, but I'm surprised Siderophyre didn't take issue with this
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #34

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
Yeah its not a great system. I mean Serena has a heaps of fans but alot of haters too so she's super low as well. But looking at it this way Sam might get alot of votes, not all good, but the point is she is becoming a well known tennis player, she is on fans radar even if its not always good
I agree. Just adding up all the positive and negative votes would be a better indication of popularity. I truly believe that being hated by people of such abiding ugliness is something Sam can be very proud of. It's like she douses them with holy water or something
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #35
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
I kind of agree with you, but I'm surprised Siderophyre didn't take issue with this
Yes, of course you are correct. I'd like to take a moment to draw everyone's attention to the title of this forum. Yes, it's "Smash 'em Sam."

I don't really want "Go on walkabout at 4-4 in the first before finally pulling it out at 7-5 in the third to a player ranked 63 in the world, Sam!" And I especially don't want "Get broken in the first game, never recover your confidence, double fault at critical junctures and lose in straights to a player you ought to smash, Sam!"

Obviously I'll be a diehard fan no matter what, but I'll always be supremely happy when she smashes 'em...

Old Nov 9th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderophyre View Post
Yes, of course you are correct. I'd like to take a moment to draw everyone's attention to the title of this forum. Yes, it's "Smash 'em Sam."

I don't really want "Go on walkabout at 4-4 in the first before finally pulling it out at 7-5 in the third to a player ranked 63 in the world, Sam!" And I especially don't want "Get broken in the first game, never recover your confidence, double fault at critical junctures and lose in straights to a player you ought to smash, Sam!"

Obviously I'll be a diehard fan no matter what, but I'll always be supremely happy when she smashes 'em...
Maybe the problem is that "Smash 'em Sam" is not specific enough. She could be confused as to who "'em" refers to. Maybe we should change the name to "Smash all the players on the WTA tour except yourself Sam".
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #37
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:

But I agree, I much prefer the easier scorelines. I think most fans do. But at times I really do enjoy the hard fought battles, not so much when she loses, but when she comes out of those tough matches its good to know shes been pushed and still pulled through. Then again... I like drama
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #38

Quote:

But I agree, I much prefer the easier scorelines. I think most fans do. But at times I really do enjoy the hard fought battles, not so much when she loses, but when she comes out of those tough matches its good to know shes been pushed and still pulled through. Then again... I like drama
Like Siderophyre, I'd be delighted if Sam started smashing her opponents from now on without mercy from the start of the match to the last point. That said, the drama she provides does sometimes sweeten the taste of victory. Fortunately, in NY Serena provided all the drama that was needed with her rant against the umpire, so Sam decided that a no-fuss win would work just fine on that occasion. So all we need to do is to ensure that all her opponents are really pissed off about something during the match and it will be smooth sailing from now on. We just need to make a roster so that one of us can be present at each of Sam's matches to yell "I cast doubt on your mother's moral virtues" or some suitable equivalent at her opponent, then sit back and let Sam do the rest.
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #39
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Like Siderophyre, I'd be delighted if Sam started smashing her opponents from now on without mercy from the start of the match to the last point. That said, the drama she provides does sometimes sweeten the taste of victory. Fortunately, in NY Serena provided all the drama that was needed with her rant against the umpire, so Sam decided that a no-fuss win would work just fine on that occasion. So all we need to do is to ensure that all her opponents are really pissed off about something during the match and it will be smooth sailing from now on. We just need to make a roster so that one of us can be present at each of Sam's matches to yell "I cast doubt on your mother's moral virtues" or some suitable equivalent at her opponent, then sit back and let Sam do the rest.
Sounds like a plan. Ill put my hand up for Brisbane. It'd be too easy if it was a Sam vs Serena match
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Sounds like a plan. Ill put my hand up for Brisbane. It'd be too easy if it was a Sam vs Serena match
Easy??? You'd spend the rest of the match extracting Serena's racquet from your gullet. If that's your idea of easy I'll take the hard ones.
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #41
country flag Huntress55

Quote:
Easy??? You'd spend the rest of the match extracting Serena's racquet from your gullet. If that's your idea of easy I'll take the hard ones.
Id like to see her try.
Actually she could squash me quite easily, Ill just stand behind my best friend, she's much tougher than me

I just meant it'd be easy to come up with insults to throw at Serena considering her own behaviour. Actually yelling them is another thing
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #42

Quote:
Id like to see her try.
Actually she could squash me quite easily, Ill just stand behind my best friend, she's much tougher than me

I just meant it'd be easy to come up with insults to throw at Serena considering her own behaviour. Actually yelling them is another thing
Maybe you can learn to throw your voice, so some innocent bystander (or the umpire ) cops it instead of you
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #43
country flag Siderophyre

Quote:
Well sometimes it's not necessary to intervene. Vera in Charleston 2010? Obviously it was her racquet's fault that Sam was blowing her off the court - and Vera made sure her racquet got the punishment it deserved!

Old Nov 9th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #44
country flag skymnos

skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55
I agree. Smashing anyone at any time is great for me, too. But I'm in for USO-like drama, too! What can I say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55
I'm Greek and blonde and I usually have a pony tail. Just seeing me should be enough!
skymnos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #45

Quote:
Well sometimes it's not necessary to intervene. Vera in Charleston 2010? Obviously it was her racquet's fault that Sam was blowing her off the court - and Vera made sure her racquet got the punishment it deserved!
Yes, for Sam's matches against Vera and Na we can probably take the day off. I'm pretty sure I heard Vera calling her racquet a hater and unattractive inside that day. And Na's self-destruction whever she plays Sam is so violent in its way that Sam doesn't need to add anything to it.