Fed Cup Final - Kiri is on the team! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #46
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup Final - Kiri is on the team!

I'm sad Makiri struggled in the 2011 Fed Cup final in her hometown of Moscow. She may never be on the Russian Fed Cup team again (but I hope she is) so this loss for Maria and Russia stings. Losing to Kvitova was expected. But Kirilenko was added to the team for the final to play doubles. Maria is the best doubles player of the 4 players that played in the final match to decide to 2011 Fed Cup and she came up small. She and Vesnina were up a break in the first set and lost it and then the match. Well done to the Czech's. The better team won. That said Makiri should have been paired with Nadia Petrova. They have played well together this year and their games compliment each other. No doubt Maria needs a power player by her side in doubles and Elena Vesnina does not offer that for Maria.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Nov 7th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 6th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #47
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

Maria was definitively very unlucky. All the players she faced won a grand-slam this year.
I got the feeling that after a few weeks without any matches, Maria was already really rusty. She was missing shots she wouldn't normally miss.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #48
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

Next time she should play an easier tie, for instance next year's 1st round against Spain. At best only as 3rd or 4th player, just to be part in a winning team and to gain some confidence regarding fed cup.

She still needs to play next year to be eligible for olympia. I hope she doesn't give fed cup up because of this tie. Kuznetsova played so well against Kvitova, she should have played doubles with either Kiri or Vesnina...
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #49
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

Only matches Kiri played in FedCup were against Clijsters, Clijsters and Henin, Kvitova and Peshke and Hradecka...
She shouldn't be sad.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #50
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Of course she will get another chance. Don't be stupid. She did her best that's all was ever asked of her. Her fed cup experience is minimal from only playing once to straight into a final. The other team are just stronger. They played an almost flawless doubles match. While ves and Kiri both have a lot of doubles talent they just don't play well together both needed a stronger partner. That's just the way it is. Have a great off season Kiri you deserve it. She said she's going to America and then she will train in Miami.
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #51
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

Its sad that Kiri lost the dubs match. This was not a good way to end the season. Hopefully this will fire Kiri up for next year.
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #52
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Kiri . Both she and Vesnina are very good doubles players. But the opposition was also very strong.

It's probably true that both girls need a powerful partner to compliment their games as well. Nadia would have been a good choice of partner for either of them if she had been available, but she was playing in Bali.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #53
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Only matches Kiri played in FedCup were against Clijsters, Clijsters and Henin, Kvitova and Peshke and Hradecka...
She shouldn't be sad.
Good point. Makiri was put in a very tough spot in her Fed Cup ties against Belgium and the Czech Republic. I would like to Maria play a Fed Cup tie next year where she can be matched up against a lesser player instead of a great player who can dominate her.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #54
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

My rant against Russian Tennis Fed. & Shamil Tarpischev

First, I would like to congratulate the Czech fed cup team on their well deserved victory. Petra has had a fantastic year befitting world #1. Kveta and Lucie Hradecka were grand slam doubles winners. And while Lucie Safarova struggled this past weekend, her crucial wins in singles against Belgium and Slovakia made all this possible. Congratulations!

That being said, I have a major issue with the Russian tennis federation and its coach Shamil Tarpischev. My problem is their treatment of Maria Kirilenko. Or more accurately, their shabby treatment of Maria Kirilenko while protecting their other players.

Mother Russia doesn’t like to lose and but when it does, someone has to be blamed. Of course, the clueless media will blame Maria because she lost twice. But that is so unfair because she was set up to fail!

Maria’s season was over after Luxembourg. She had shut down. Even wrote a personal message on her website indicating as much. There was even a candid photo of Maria and Elena Vesnina eating ice cream at some shopping mall photo booth. Then all of sudden, she is named to the Fed Cup team. Just days before the finals. Russia had already named Makarova as their 4th player. Makarova was not hurt. She was already in Moscow doing press. So why did all of sudden Russia pick Maria when she was obviously physically and mentally finished for the season?

Some people have said that the reason Maria hasn’t been picked by Tarpischev the last 5 years is because she didn’t really want to commit to fed cup. I guess now, we know that is not the truth. Even with severe lack of time for preparation and needing to refocus again mentally, Maria accepted the challenge. Little did Maria know that she was picked because they needed a scapegoat in case they lost to Czech Republic.

It is perverse to me how Tarpischev protects other Russian players at the expense of Maria. He plucked Maria away from the ice cream photo booth after 5 years absence in fed cup only to place her against the hottest player on the planet in Petra Kvitova. Maria was a sacrificial lamb!

Contrast that with their kid treatment of other players. Vera has a little “owie?” Ok, you can withdraw (so that Petra can’t spank you again!). Sveta lacks confidence? Ok, we’ll let you play against the weaker player first (Safarova) even though you were supposedly the team captain after Vera chickened out. We wouldn’t want Nastia’s young psyche to be damaged by Petra’s relentless onslaught….so you only face Safarova. We’ll let Kirilenko get slaughtered by Petra. Btw, isn’t the other “Maria” suppose to be Russian? WTF is her excuse for not being at the final? Please don’t even try to tell me that she is injured. We all know that was a fake injury so that she didn’t have to face the humiliation of going 0-3 at the YEC against Vika.

So Maria lost 2 and 2. WTF did you expect? But what bothers me more than that loss is that she was thrown into the deciding rubber and expected to the savior. Kiri was the only player that had to prepare both singles and doubles. While the Czech team had weeks of preparation time, Maria & Elena were thrown together at the last minute, last second, last nanosecond to become a winning fed cup finals doubles team. They had 1 match together this year which was a R1 loss at Rome. What made Tarpischev think that all of sudden Kiri and Ves will gel in an instant and defeat doubles slam winners in Hradecka and Peschke??? What little preparation time Kiri had, she had to split it between her singles and doubles. This is what I mean by being set up to fail.

Russian Fed and Tarpischev made sure that had Russia lost, their reputation would not be tarnished. Their players would still be considered top fed cup players and Tarpischev would still be considered genius coach. It was all because of Kirilenko that they lost. Kirilenko lost twice. She is the blame.

If I was Maria Kirilenko, I would never play for Tarpischev again. Fucking backstabber!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #55
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
My rant against Russian Tennis Fed. & Shamil Tarpischev

First, I would like to congratulate the Czech fed cup team on their well deserved victory. Petra has had a fantastic year befitting world #1. Kveta and Lucie Hradecka were grand slam doubles winners. And while Lucie Safarova struggled this past weekend, her crucial wins in singles against Belgium and Slovakia made all this possible. Congratulations!

That being said, I have a major issue with the Russian tennis federation and its coach Shamil Tarpischev. My problem is their treatment of Maria Kirilenko. Or more accurately, their shabby treatment of Maria Kirilenko while protecting their other players.

Mother Russia doesn’t like to lose and but when it does, someone has to be blamed. Of course, the clueless media will blame Maria because she lost twice. But that is so unfair because she was set up to fail!

Maria’s season was over after Luxembourg. She had shut down. Even wrote a personal message on her website indicating as much. There was even a candid photo of Maria and Elena Vesnina eating ice cream at some shopping mall photo booth. Then all of sudden, she is named to the Fed Cup team. Just days before the finals. Russia had already named Makarova as their 4th player. Makarova was not hurt. She was already in Moscow doing press. So why did all of sudden Russia pick Maria when she was obviously physically and mentally finished for the season?

Some people have said that the reason Maria hasn’t been picked by Tarpischev the last 5 years is because she didn’t really want to commit to fed cup. I guess now, we know that is not the truth. Even with severe lack of time for preparation and needing to refocus again mentally, Maria accepted the challenge. Little did Maria know that she was picked because they needed a scapegoat in case they lost to Czech Republic.

It is perverse to me how Tarpischev protects other Russian players at the expense of Maria. He plucked Maria away from the ice cream photo booth after 5 years absence in fed cup only to place her against the hottest player on the planet in Petra Kvitova. Maria was a sacrificial lamb!

Contrast that with their kid treatment of other players. Vera has a little “owie?” Ok, you can withdraw (so that Petra can’t spank you again!). Sveta lacks confidence? Ok, we’ll let you play against the weaker player first (Safarova) even though you were supposedly the team captain after Vera chickened out. We wouldn’t want Nastia’s young psyche to be damaged by Petra’s relentless onslaught….so you only face Safarova. We’ll let Kirilenko get slaughtered by Petra. Btw, isn’t the other “Maria” suppose to be Russian? WTF is her excuse for not being at the final? Please don’t even try to tell me that she is injured. We all know that was a fake injury so that she didn’t have to face the humiliation of going 0-3 at the YEC against Vika.

So Maria lost 2 and 2. WTF did you expect? But what bothers me more than that loss is that she was thrown into the deciding rubber and expected to the savior. Kiri was the only player that had to prepare both singles and doubles. While the Czech team had weeks of preparation time, Maria & Elena were thrown together at the last minute, last second, last nanosecond to become a winning fed cup finals doubles team. They had 1 match together this year which was a R1 loss at Rome. What made Tarpischev think that all of sudden Kiri and Ves will gel in an instant and defeat doubles slam winners in Hradecka and Peschke??? What little preparation time Kiri had, she had to split it between her singles and doubles. This is what I mean by being set up to fail.

Russian Fed and Tarpischev made sure that had Russia lost, their reputation would not be tarnished. Their players would still be considered top fed cup players and Tarpischev would still be considered genius coach. It was all because of Kirilenko that they lost. Kirilenko lost twice. She is the blame.

If I was Maria Kirilenko, I would never play for Tarpischev again. Fucking backstabber!
I do totally agree with you, great post!!
it should be presented to both tarpischev and russian tennis fed.!!!

but a question: didn't they put kirilenko, kvitova, kuznetsova and safarova in a draw to set the single matches? so that it could eventually also have been kiri vs. safarova already on day 1?
or was it the decision by tarpischev?
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #56
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

Well, the doubles decision wasn't a clever one, other than that they didn't do too much wrong in my opinion. Kvitova was extremely good, Safarova relatively weak. I think the 2:2 score after singles was more or less inevitable regardless of the selection of players. Sure, Pavlyuchenkova and Kuznetsova could have played on both days both singles, but I doubt it would have made a difference.
I don't know if I'm correct, but I think Kuznetsova paired with either Kiri or Vesnina would have had a much better chance of winning the doubles.

I hope she will play next year again, first with only a small task in a team with strong players, as sort of a restart regarding fed cup. And than bigger things may come
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #57
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

At least she's eligible for the Olympics now. They'd be crazy not to select her for doubles, she's one of Russia's best in that discipline.
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #58
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
I do totally agree with you, great post!!
it should be presented to both tarpischev and russian tennis fed.!!!

but a question: didn't they put kirilenko, kvitova, kuznetsova and safarova in a draw to set the single matches? so that it could eventually also have been kiri vs. safarova already on day 1?
or was it the decision by tarpischev?
I could be wrong, but I thought one of the perks of hosting Fed Cup tie is that the home nation has the last change (hockey term). Meaning Czech team offers their player for the first rubber then Russia can respond with their own pick.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 05:18 AM   #59
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well.

Enjoy the offseason Maria.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #60
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really agree with the negative response towards Shamil Tarpischev tbh. Kiri had never lost to Petra sure she was never expected to beat her but maybe somehow he thought Kiri could bother her. I don't think anyone is even blaming Kiri.. because the fact of the matter is she did everything she could. She was just beaten by 2 very strong opponents. Obviously Elena and Maria both being ranked in the top 10 in doubles he was always going to play them.. Sveta probably would have been better but i'm sure she was tired after her long match. And it all turned shit after Vera withdrew. Vera or Pavs or Sveta with Kiri in doubles would have been better too. Kiri was a good sport about it all and I know she will want to represent Russia again and if she keeps playing well she will get picked again because he always wants Russia's best team.