Fed Cup Final - Kiri is on the team! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #1
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute
Fed Cup Final - Kiri is on the team!

Your eyes are not deceiving you.
Finally! Maria is on the Russian fed cup team.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #2
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice
Re: Fed Cup Final - Kiri is on the team!

wooo! this is great news! I assume she is there for the dubs.
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #3
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...for-final.aspx

Quote:
One of Tarpischev’s biggest decisions will be who to pick alongside Zvonareva in the second singles position, whether to go for the experience of Kuznetsova, ranked No. 19, or the youth of Pavlyuchenkova, ranked No. 15. Kuznetsova, a two-time Grand Slam champion, is the more established of the pair, but Pavlyuchenkova is an exciting young player and has remained unbeaten in Fed Cup play this season. The Russian captain will also need to decide which two players to put together for what could be a crucial fifth rubber on Sunday. The most likely duo would be Kuznetsova and Pavlyuchenkova, who successfully teamed up in the first round earlier this year.
But will we get to see her play? Kiri's had a much better hard court season than Kuznetsova. I don't think it's close.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #4
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

Great news . I hoped for it but didn't really believe it will happen. I guess she is there for doubles, which could actually be the crucial match in this tie.
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #5
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

I don't think that she'll play singles but doubles if necessary, why not?
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #6
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Maria!! This a pleasant surprise.

Hopefully she gets to play.

Does she need to play again next year to be eligible for the Olympics?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 06:27 AM   #7
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Great news

Hopefully she could play doubles
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #8
country flag Tweety Snape

Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future

Awesome! This is great news.
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 04:36 AM   #9
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

She deserves it !!!
ezone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #10
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

I just read Bepa withdrawn due to shoulder injury. Not a good news for Russia...
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #11
country flag Sergius

Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is announced to play both singles matches, Pavs and Lena V will play doubles
Sergius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #12
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is obviously not expected to beat Petra.. so well just go out there give it a good shot and good luck. Russia are going to struggle anyways without Vera.
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #13
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agronsky. View Post
Maria is obviously not expected to beat Petra.. so well just go out there give it a good shot and good luck. Russia are going to struggle anyways without Vera.
I think Russia's potential path to victory is beating Safarova twice and winning the doubles.

Why isn't Maria playing doubles? She has the highest doubles ranking of the Russians.

Last edited by Protoss : Nov 4th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #14
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have a feeling Pavs could play Safarova and Kiri will play the doubles.
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #15
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

Yeah i think so too, they must think that they'll lose both matches against Kvitova, so they'll make Pavs rest for sunday's match against Safarova. Maria beat twice Kvitova in 2009 but the czech improved a bit since then. If there is a decisive double, Maria will be in the team maybe with Sveta or Lena
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote