Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:59 PM   #391
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

^the thing is i never enjoy the articles that are trying to provide boring advices to Petra, i think bruce could do a much better job
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #392
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
^the thing is i never enjoy the articles that are trying to provide boring advices to Petra, i think bruce could do a much better job
Gracias,pero 'advices' no es una palabra;podrias decir "piezas del consejo" o "algun consejo" si quieres indicar mas que uno;la una no pone 's' como otros plurales

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #393
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Kvitova named Heart Award winner

Quote:
MOSCOW, RUSSIA: The ITF today announced that Petra Kvitova has won the last Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award of 2011 in recognition of her performance during Czech Republic’s semifinal victory against Belgium in April.

Kvitova, who remains unbeaten in this year’s Fed Cup campaign, has been the driving force behind Czech Republic’s march to the Final. The reigning Wimbledon champion is 4-0 in singles play for the season, including wins in the semifinals over Kirsten Flipkens 62 76(4) and Yanina Wickmayer 57 64 62 that set up a 3-2 away victory against Belgium.

She was presented with a cheque for US$10,000, which will be donated to her chosen charity of Help The Children, by ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti and Deputy Chairman of the Board for BNP Paribas in Russia Jean-Francois Kochanski at the draw ceremony for the 2011 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Final in Moscow.

Kvitova said: “For me it’s really nice, I’m glad that I won because the people voted for me. I didn’t expect to win. I’m really happy that I can give the money to our charity in the Czech Republic.”

Kvitova was shortlisted for the award alongside Vera Zvonareva (RUS), Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) and Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE). All four players competed in the World Group semifinals in April and helped their nation reach the Final, which starts at the Olympic Stadium in Moscow tomorrow.

The players were shortlisted by the Heart Award judging panel, consisting of ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti and a mixture of former players and members of the international media. A public vote, which ran from 7-28 October, was held on FedCup.com and FedCup.com/es to decide the winner.

A total of six Heart Awards have been presented in 2011. Kvitova follows in the footsteps of Andrea Petkovic (GER), Bojana Jovanovski (SRB), Bianca Botto (PER), Ayumi Morita (JPN) and Victoria Azarenka (BLR), who were honoured earlier this year.

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Petra for her outstanding performance in 2011. She has played a key role in her team’s success this season and now has the opportunity to help Czech Republic to win the Fed Cup title. The level of passion and excitement for Fed Cup by BNP Paribas has grown considerably during the last year, and this is embodied in the commitment of players such as Petra.”

The Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award is a joint initiative between BNP Paribas and the ITF. It aims to recognise players who have represented their country with distinction, shown exceptional courage on court and demonstrated outstanding commitment to their team.
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #394
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

As paulmara mentioned, Petra was on live chat on Tuesday, responding to fans' questions through the idnes.cz website from Moscow.

It was actually quite disappointing, cause Petra left about two thirds of the questions unanswered and did not respond to some tough questions complaining about the recent increase in her "barks" or her not-so-perfect English skills.

However, there were also a few interesting/funny questions:

Q: Before serving, you usually choose from three balls. How do you choose the right one?
A: Great question. I pick the one I like most, the one which is best for the first serve, it's usually the least hairy one.

Q: Petra, once you get rid of unforced errors, no opponent will be able to beat you. Won't it be a bit boring?
A: Don't worry, tennis can never be boring!

Q: Is it difficult to remain focused when you play against grunting opponents like Sharapova or Azarenka?
A: I don't care, I don't focus on it and so I can focus on my own game!

Q: What can you improve upon?
A: I think that I can improve everything: my technical skills, my tactical skills, my fitness and mental concentration.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #395
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL @ Petra talking about hairy balls.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #396
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
LOL @ Petra talking about hairy balls.
Yeah, it sounds pretty funny in English, but in Czech it's an innocent expression, as the Czech word for "tennis ball" has nothing to do with private parts. However, the same cannot be said about snooker or shotput balls
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #397
country flag Petronius

Very nice new article on Petra:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...t-of-a-new-era

I like this comment:

"Lately, I've been looking back on a memorable moment during this year's Australian Open. Someone who I didn't recognise was hitting Sam Stosur off the court with amazing power. In a later tournament soon afterward, this same player beat Kim Clijsters. I knew then that Petra Kvitova was going to have a bright future.

This woman amazes me. Rather than simply relying on her strength, she mixes in slices, drop shots, lobs, and precise shot-making. She would be a very fitting No. 1, and I hope that happens early next year."
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #398
country flag Yellow Moon

Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of

Here an article on Petra's beau. http://ona.idnes.cz/pritel-kvitove-n..._nasi-muzi_jup
It's in czech and my silicon friend let me down a bit with digital conversion: did decipher that he's better on court only when his serve is hard, otherwise she runs him side-to-side, he tries to develop same aggressive game style as Petra, prefers schnitzel over her salads, and is ready to take a bath before the year's end with Petra . The rest on OneDnes is lost in translation to me.
Yellow Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #399
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Miguel Seabra joins the ranks of the Kvitty stans, and pilfers this forum's name for his title:

http://tv.eurosport.pt/tennis/storyn...o3015621.shtml

Automated English translation of the aforementioned:

http://translate.google.pt/translate....shtml&act=url

"Rede" (net) is rendered as "network".

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #400
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Moon View Post
Here an article on Petra's beau. http://ona.idnes.cz/pritel-kvitove-n..._nasi-muzi_jup
It's in czech and my silicon friend let me down a bit with digital conversion: did decipher that he's better on court only when his serve is hard, otherwise she runs him side-to-side, he tries to develop same aggressive game style as Petra, prefers schnitzel over her salads, and is ready to take a bath before the year's end with Petra . The rest on OneDnes is lost in translation to me.
interesting article, wish Paul and Petronius could help on this for a decent translation
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #401
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Moon View Post
Am gonna take a guess here: A health spa is sometimes referred to as a 'bath';aye THINK that's probably what Adam was referring to....though the male nature within him would enjoy getting into a big bathtub with her,too....perhaps giving Petra a nice Bubble Bath after a sweaty workout.Btw,I wouldn't be joking that way if I thought that Adam was a prick or a roadblock to Petra's career

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #402
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

New Nike T-shirt „Pojdˇ“

Today Petra Nike meeting fans
http://sport.idnes.cz/pojd-vitezny-p...0407_tenis_bem

Their plan was showing 3 trophies : Wimbledon, YEC and Fed Cup. But Fed cup trophy is still in Russia and Wimbledon trophy was hard to transport from Fulnek. Next time.

I think nobody can shout „Pojď“ like me . It is my patent (laughing).

She has busy schedule. has time only to visit her dentist
" I sleep a lot"
next season new color of raquets
http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/kvi...k-zubari-9048/

Adam Article is in women section
Topic: 20 Partners of famous (wifes of Forman, Fulghum,Schwarzenberg and Adam)

They are going to spa together (next week)
„Petra helped me with diet. I prefer schnitzel but for her I take salad.“

When they play against each other. Adam wins thanks to his service. But when he doesn´t hit so hard she can runs him side to side.
"We like talking about other things than tennis. About anything. Music , movies. Or soccer (slavia Prague )"

Last edited by paulmara : Nov 9th, 2011 at 06:31 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #403
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care or wanna hear what Adam thinks, to be quite honest (unless it's some insight on Petra's tennis).

Sorry. Lol
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #404
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I love that Nike has made "Pojd" into a slogan and put it on a Tshirt. I gotta have one now.

And people who are annoyed by it can **** off.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #405
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
slavia Prague
Odd. I thought she'd support a club from her home region like Banik Ostrava.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote