Final stop - Luxembourg - Season over with an injury. - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #46
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all
Re: Final stop - Luxembourg - Season over with an injury.

See you in 3 months Maria
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 19th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #47
country flag Tweety Snape

Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future Tweety Snape has a brilliant future

Have a good offseason Maria!
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #48
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she'll play FC!
Hoping for a better 2012.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 03:41 AM   #49
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't Makiri play in Moscow her hometown where she did so well last year in singles and doubles? That makes no sense. Moscow is her home tournament. She has never skipped Moscow before has she?

Maria has just finished her 9th year on the WTA Tour. She had an okay year with some very good wins. But Masha needs to make 2012 her best year yet. She is so much fun to watch play and she's one of the best all court players in women's tennis. I hope Makiri has a great offseason.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #50
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

I still think she wanted to play her last tournament together with Vika to have a chance to qualify for the doubles YEC. In the end they didn't even enter doubles because it was a lost cause already. So my guess is that Vika wanted/had to play Luxemburg instead of Moscow for some reason.

I really hope for the Fed Cup final nevertheless. Especially as this tie could very well go down to doubles (Kvitova is terribly good in my eyes) and I don't really like any of the possible doubles combination of the pre announced team. Kiri could indeed be very helpful with this . And Makarova has no form right now (judging by her results) and the fact that she played in the semis finals is not enough for a nomination for me. I would think differently if she had played both ties, first round and semis finals, but one is not enough, at least for me.

Also I would really like to see Kiri one more time this year .
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #51
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeborn View Post
I still think she wanted to play her last tournament together with Vika to have a chance to qualify for the doubles YEC. In the end they didn't even enter doubles because it was a lost cause already. So my guess is that Vika wanted/had to play Luxemburg instead of Moscow for some reason.

I really hope for the Fed Cup final nevertheless. Especially as this tie could very well go down to doubles (Kvitova is terribly good in my eyes) and I don't really like any of the possible doubles combination of the pre announced team. Kiri could indeed be very helpful with this . And Makarova has no form right now (judging by her results) and the fact that she played in the semis finals is not enough for a nomination for me. I would think differently if she had played both ties, first round and semis finals, but one is not enough, at least for me.

Also I would really like to see Kiri one more time this year .
Thanks for the information. I am still mad Makiri didn't play Moscow. I think that was nuts. I thought Kirilenko winning hometown title would be a dream of hers. But I guess not. Azarenka not playing Moscow after winning the title over Kirilenko in last years final is puzzling to say the least. What players chooses not to defend their singles title by playing another tournament the same week the following year? It's pretty much unheard of.

And didn't Vika and Kiri win the Kremlin Cup doubles title last year? I would think they would have wanted to defend their doubles title. Maybe Azarenka and Kirilenko got some good appearance fee money to play Luxembourg. But neither of them need money so I hope that's not the reason they skipped Moscow. If Maria wants to play Fed Cup for Russia and the Olympics for Russia next year I would think skipping her hometown tournament when she is a hometown star would be a bad move for for Maria with the Russian tennis leaders watching what she is doing. They can't be pleased Makiri the Muscovite snubbed her hometown tournament and a tournament in Luxembourg. If Maria thinks Shamil Tarpischev is not watching and paying attention she is wrong.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #52
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

First of all, I want to say Hello to everyone

After reading through this forum, I am finally a registred user now

I'm glad to be a part of Kirilenko's Orchestra

Since the epic tiebreak at the usopen I am following every match of makiri (on tv, livestream or livescores )
I was so impressed how she kept fighting there, and I love her style to play
and as we know, she probably is the most lovely tennis player on the tour

to topic: I'm very sad about the season ending as well. Maria should have played in moscow!!! She still could have get a wildcard, after it was clear that azarenka wouldn't play doubles with her at luxemburg..or not?

now I can't wait for the next season, want to see Makiri play again as soon as possible, it's so fun to watch her
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM   #53
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

No they didn't win the doubles title in Moscow. I think it's good for Maria to play more international events, perhaps strange to pick one over her home tournament but I'm sure she had her reasons. It's over now and she has an injury so there's no point in dwelling on it. Since Maria won't be playing for a while I'll be going on hiatus for a bit.
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM   #54
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

is there any new information about the injury?
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #55
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

There is a new diary entry on her website . But nothing about the injury, so I would assume it isn't to bad. On a side note, nothing about a potential fed cup final either, so probably thats not happening.

Was a good season in the end, especially the 2nd half of course. One could even say she saved her season by this, she came from very much behind in the race to get a top 30 ranking in the end. Hopefully her next season will be good from the beginning .
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #56
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeborn View Post
There is a new diary entry on her website . But nothing about the injury, so I would assume it isn't to bad. On a side note, nothing about a potential fed cup final either, so probably thats not happening.

Was a good season in the end, especially the 2nd half of course. One could even say she saved her season by this, she came from very much behind in the race to get a top 30 ranking in the end. Hopefully her next season will be good from the beginning .
Makiri is on the Russian Fed Cup final team. But too bad she chose not to play Moscow her hometown tournament this year to follow Viktoria Azarenka to Luxembourg because Domiika Cibulkova who has less power than Maria won the 2011 Ladies Kremlin Cup indoors. Credit to Cibulkova though. But I never imagined her winning an indoor tournament because the serve and power are so important indoors.
Maria had a pretty good year. She had some good wins and is easily one of the best all around players on the WTA Tour. But she should win a couple of tournaments a year with her skills and fine all court play. Cibulkova wins the occasional tournament. I'd like to see Makiri do that as well in 2012. I know Kirilenko has 5 WTA Tour singles titles in 9 years on the WTA Tour. But let's be honest that is not enough titles for a player of Makiri's ability. Little Masha has in my opinion underacheived somewhat in her career. She is having a nice life and is a good and successful tennis player. But I have always felt Maria could be a much better player than she is. Maybe she will mature as a player in her mid to late 20's likie so many women's tennis players have done in recent years. Although my main concern about Maria is whether her somewhat fragile body and battered knees can hold up for a few more years of punishing tennis on the WTA Tour.

Last edited by the cat : Oct 28th, 2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #57
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

"Cibulkova wins the occasional tournament" That was her first
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #58
country flag Celeborn

Maybe her best years are still to come. She has a more complex game than most and maybe she needs more time to develop as a player because of that. It is easier to bash (or push ) everything than to mix things up. But she has a shot at the top 20 next year and not with this one outstanding results which propels her upwards but with constant top 20 results all over the year which give me hope that she has a good chance staying there if she reaches it.
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #59
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So who will be Maria's regular doubles partner next year? I assume that Vika wil cut down on the doubles due to her injury issues so that would leave Maria needing someone else to be her usual doubles partner.

Last edited by Protoss : Oct 30th, 2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: eliminated "."
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #60
country flag Nikkiri

Petrova?