Grimm - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 29th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #1
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute
Grimm

Anybody have any thoughts on this new series? It seems to me that it's going to be a version of Supernatural.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #2
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grimm

Not a huge fan after the 1st episode but the male lead is so cute. I'll watch (a few episodes) just to see him.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 04:32 AM   #3
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the first 10 minutes and turned it off.
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

It has very little in common with Supernatural! This show has a fairytale vibe to it just as Once Upon A Time - weird that both shows got released almost at exactly the same time It ain't worth watching based on the first episode, but I agree male lead is too cute, not to not give him a chance
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:34 AM   #5
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

I tried, but I couldn't get through more than 15 minutes. I'm not good with fantasy films.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:25 AM   #6
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlio View Post
It has very little in common with Supernatural! This show has a fairytale vibe to it just as Once Upon A Time - weird that both shows got released almost at exactly the same time It ain't worth watching based on the first episode, but I agree male lead is too cute, not to not give him a chance
Actually at the heart of both shows is the idea of someone hunting supernatural beings (fairy tale beings) that walk among unsuspecting humans.

The hunting calling apparently runs in the Grimm family just as it does in the Winchester family.

So is that a little in common or a lot in common? I guess it depends on what you want to emphasize.

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:36 PM   #7
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like this show has a closer Buffy/Angel vibe to it mixed in with a little by of Psych. The pilot was far too slow to really grab viewers in. It has a great look to it too, I haven't seen a show push it's visuals like it since Pushing Daisies.

I think it's closer to a Law & Order/Police Procedural show with a supernatural twist. It's really the polar opposite of Once Upon a Time, which you can see has major influences from the writers of Lost at it's helm, it's building a huge scope.

I think we'll see Grimm go with a case of the week sort of thing.

Who would've though David Giuntoli would go from Road Rules hack to kind of an accomplished actor!
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #8
Mistress of Evil

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

LOL its very, very surreal and not in a good way

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
Actually at the heart of both shows is the idea of someone hunting supernatural beings (fairy tale beings) that walk among unsuspecting humans.

The hunting calling apparently runs in the Grimm family just as it does in the Winchester family.

So is that a little in common or a lot in common? I guess it depends on what you want to emphasize.
OK, first of all I have watched very little of Supernatural. From the angle, you have in mind yes - there are similarities but I meant more of atmosphere wise point of view. From what I have seen, Supernatural is way more realistic than this show which has such a fairytalish vibe that kinda is too much.
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #9
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

Dave Giuntoli

@ his fuzzy chest. I think i am in love
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #10
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

I like the subject matter and the premise - a lot. So far the show itself is iffy to me. As for being like Supernatural - not IMO. The person(s) hunting "supernatural" creatures is too common to be used as a point of comparison.
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #11
country flag HippityHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I like the subject matter and the premise - a lot. So far the show itself is iffy to me. As for being like Supernatural - not IMO. The person(s) hunting "supernatural" creatures is too common to be used as a point of comparison.
And therein lies the rub.

Old Nov 13th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #12
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I've seen a couple episodes it's no longer iffy for me - the acting and the special effects are so poor that it's difficult to really enjoy the show.
Old May 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Mistress of Evil

Believe it or not but this show not only had a full season but also got renewed.
And the worst thing is that I watched it all.
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #14
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

I like it and am glad it got another season score one for NBC because I for one am tired of reality shows and 1/2 hr comedies as the only thing on tv.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #15
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

NBC is making a gutsy move next season moving Community and Whitney to Friday nights to give Grimm a scripted programming block lead-in.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote