WTA starts to take action against grunters, Wozniacki agrees. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #31
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA starts to take action against grunters, Wozniacki agrees.

I like how Wozniacki grunts like in Rome which are much annoying than any other tour player and she comes to give people lessons.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #32
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
I like how Wozniacki grunts like in Rome which are much annoying than any other tour player and she comes to give people lessons.
What are you talking about? Caro only grunts in very tense matches such as the Kuznetsova match at the USO this year... but it's always grunting, not screaming or shrieking.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #33
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadia View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Venus. She grunts more often and louder than Serena IMO. It's quite amusing when she gets into a long rally with Maria.
This.Serena doesnt even grunt that much
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #34
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's what I call "fair and balanced" reporting. Finally. I think they named the four biggest culprits accurately, too, although maybe substitute Venus for Serena.

Garbiņe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #35
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Michael Stich once called it "disgusting, ugly, unsexy"

That's way over the top, especially saying that it is unsexy
Agree. Why should it be sexy?!

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #36
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Serena grunts when she's in desperate moments. or tensed moments at times, especially when her opponent does so.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #37
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Caroqueen using her leadership and influence at the top of the WTA.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #38
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

I like Serena's response!

On a serious note, Sam Smith commented that the juniors are worse and that there is a real problem there. A problem is stopping everyone doing it. If you let one or two players of the hook then you can't say others can't.

As a Monica fan I know that this topic has always been an issue.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #39
country flag MatchpointPRT

MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of

What Azarenka answered should have been the answer of MLDB after that French open against Rezai. She stopped grunting and now she canīt even win matches against top 200 players.
I donīt think the players get so annoyed by the noise as they say. In my opinion what they want is to shut up some players and see if they start playing bad to beat them. Wozniacki donīt have weapons to win matches and now wants to take advantage of this...

]
MatchpointPRT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #40
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
When someone like Azarenka says it's natural and she can't stop it, it's bullshit.
Of course it is. The humor in it becomes especially apparent when warm up ends and the match starts. It's as though she flips the shriek switch to 'on'.

Garbiņe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #41
country flag t1000

t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice t1000 is just really nice

Quote:
Wozniacki donīt have weapons to win matches and now wants to take advantage of this...
Seing her still being no. 1 it would seem she has the one weapon to rule them all - The Wall - Only time will show how far she can take it but so far it's working pretty well.
t1000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #42
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

The only people that care are the media. This is a pure fabrication of these lazy mugs, who canīt be bothered to follow the womenīs product.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #43
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

even if it only happens during games for most players maybe it does affect their play though. i dont know how it would but if a player has gotten so used to grutning that its like second nature and it does affect their level of play you really cant ask them to stop

it obviously doesnt affect the other players that much at all
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #44
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleased they're taking a stand on this, but I would prefer if they targeted active players as well as juniors. I realise they can't cut it out overnight, but I can't see why they can't start to phase in new rules within a couple of years. This would give current grunters the time to gradually wean themselves off the habit. As Caro says, they don't do it while practising, so they can learn to play without grunting as well. Seasoned grunters have enjoyed an advantage from their grunting for years (research has clearly shown in can affect their opponents' reaction speed), which should offset any inconvenience they experience from having to work on reducing their decibel levels.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #45
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchpointPRT View Post
What Azarenka answered should have been the answer of MLDB after that French open against Rezai. She stopped grunting and now she canīt even win matches against top 200 players.
I donīt think the players get so annoyed by the noise as they say. In my opinion what they want is to shut up some players and see if they start playing bad to beat them. Wozniacki donīt have weapons to win matches and now wants to take advantage of this...
Yeah no Twittering for 40 days I heard, maybe they had some falling out, now that Wozniacki realizes Azarenka is superior to her. There is always an alpha female in these BFF relationships. Lindsay Vonn and Maria Riesch were the ultimate BBFs and the moment Riesch won more gold medals and the overall championships, Vonn broke it off.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote