SzÁvay Ágnes - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #1501
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SzÁvay Ágnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
- her back is little better. Tried tennis last week, still felt big pain. Cant sleep lying on her back, only her left/right side.

[...]

- Still wants to avoid surgery. The doctors she asked have different opinions and at least 4-5 different surgery ideas.
She's running out of time to avoid surgery. She can't live with this sort of pain indefinitely.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2011, 10:41 PM   #1502
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

^ depends on when she will stop believing in some sort of miracle, Imo.
Even if her back is better with every week and month, there is really long time (maybe even years) 'til she can live totally fine.
But I think (or hope) with every free month, her perspective will change more.
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 06:19 AM   #1503
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want her to get surgery though .

I remember after Beijing I read someone in GM saying that service motion would destroy her back. Christ was that an understatement .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #1504
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds quite bad, even hurting her quite a bit in daily life.

I'm of the belief that if surgery can be avoided it generally should be. But whether it is avoidable for her will be determined in the coming year. She has to show that she can recover without surgery. Otherwise she might have no choice.

She mentions that maybe a lot of the other players are not communicating with her and she feels they are happy to have less competition, but perhaps that is a bit harsh. Tennis players are very focused and busy with their own careers, so unless they were really close (like childhood) friends with her they would naturally tend to just get on with their own tennis careers. It isn't a matter of jealousy but simply of being focused on their own tennis every week. It's understandable that Dinara, also being out of the game, has time to talk to her. Plus they are back pain buddies.

I suppose it would be nice if some of her former doubles partners etc checked up on her once in a while though...
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #1505
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Good post HowardH
I find it strange that some of her other doubles partners like Bacsinszky, Schnyder, Goerges, Niculescu, Dulko, Hantuchova, Uhlirova, etc. and of course the other Hungarian players like Arn, Czink, Jani, etc. would forget her

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #1506
country flag Fired
Tennis?

Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute Fired has a reputation beyond repute

Unless she gets surgery she's not coming back next year. Look what happened to Kournikova and Golovin for avoiding surgery.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:35 AM   #1507
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with HowardH and Andrew . I doubt think the players are so worried about Ági as their competition that they can't wait to get rid of her . But she did seem to be very genuinely nice. Obviously Dinara was her best friend on tour though. She's certainly not the first to say the WTA is rather cold. Lady JaJa agrees .

I still think she should wait on surgery. I wouldn't get it unless all other hope fails. Golovin has a blood problem, so she is a different scenario, and Kournikova is clearly healthy enough to play constant exhibitions now so I think that if she had wanted to come back she could have. I'm interested to see what happens to Dinara though.
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #1508
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute

As I see how Agi is treated by her fellow WTA colleagues : it comfort me in the idea that the WTA tour isn't as great as people may think : I think there's loads of hypocrisy and no empathy whatsoever in this world ! It's so sad that such great person as Agi is now all alone on herself and that her colleagues don't bother to call her or even taking news about her injury ! I hope she'll avoid surgery but if it begins inevitable : she will have no other choice than undergo one ! It ALWAYS is when you are going through a very bad path that you see your REAL friends : as I see she hasn't that many !

But best of luck, my Agi ! Hoping to see you back fresh and well for the 2012 season !

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #1509
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Any further news on Agnes' condition?

It's a shame to not see her active on tour.
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #1510
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys, any news on her?is she coming back next year?

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #1511
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Any further news on Agnes' condition?

It's a shame to not see her active on tour.
nothing new, its really a slow process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
hi guys, any news on her?is she coming back next year?
Too early to tell. Waiting for next clay season.
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 12:27 AM   #1512
country flag iGOAT

Sanowa's condition really worries me . Although I think Ági stopped a little sooner than Dina, so potentially didn't make it as bad.
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #1513
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Agnieska, Magdalena, Katya
Jelena, Iveta, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #1514
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Dinara already retired,that scares me as hell thinking Ági could very well do the same...Hope not
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #1515
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Dinara is refuting claims that she has retired. She intends to try her best to return to the tour, if she is able.

It's indeed better for Dinara not to lead the way by retiring, because that might encourage Agi to do the same.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote