Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 6th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #46
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Oh, I guess I should say: Congratulations Caroline on being consistent, healthy, and having the good luck to have the best players be old and injured, and everyone else being headcases!
You might as well congratulate Serena for having the luck not to be playing in the Graf era (where she would've won 2 slams instead of 13)

CAMELINE WOZNIACKI - THE BEST CAMELTOE ON THE FREE MARKET

Caroline Wozniacki :: Maria Sharapova :: Kim Clijsters
kman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #47
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-MUG View Post
OK so she has 51 weeks but she will have 52 weeks after Linz / Osaka

already much better than her contermpoaries Jankovic, Ivanovic and Safina
Watch it...

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 03:45 AM   #48
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats gurl.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 04:14 AM   #49
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPRIATI420 View Post
But even though she hasn't beaten either one of them doesn't mean that she can't. She was one point away from being back on serve late in the third set against Kim at the YEC. And even though it was at a smaller tournament, she certainly has also given Serena trouble in the past.
I still think if given more opportunities, she can do it.
I have no doubt she can beat them. But, if and when she does, it will be more about their errors than about her having a dominant game. It is impressive that her defense is so good that she can win by keeping the ball in play until her opponent makes an error, but if she put the time and effort into developing some offensive weapons, she wouldn't have to rely on their errors in order to beat them.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #50
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
You might as well congratulate Serena for having the luck not to be playing in the Graf era (where she would've won 2 slams instead of 13)
Right, and we could then congratulate Graf for having the luck that Seles was stabbed so that Graf could win all of her slams....but, you're missing the point....we could go round and round about who is better when comparing players from different eras...but I think with Caro, because of how defensive her game is and how few offensive weapons she has, there would always be players that she is not capable of beating.

Going back to your comment, if you put Serena in the Graf era, I don't think Graf would have dominated Serena to the point that Serena would have only won 2 slams, but if that is all she won, at least that would be 2 slams more than Caro has won. Caro does not control the era that she is playing in, and it is certainly not her fault that this era is weak. But, still, she does have control over her game, and I would think that she would want to develop the weapons to beat the stronger players.

I also want to add that I am not bashing Caro at all...hell, I'm a Clijsters and Stosur and Petko fan, and we all know they have had their issues, so I'm not gonna bash anyone. I really do like Caro as a person, at least based on what we see of her. I think she seems to have a really good personality, and a fun side that I appreciate. But, I would like to see her become a better player. I don't blame all of her problems on her golfer boyfriend like some people do. I think she is just content being where she is, and so happy to be #1 that she doesn't want to, or feel the need to, mess with her game. With Serena and Kim on the way out, she doesn't have to worry about them as much, but if it were me, I wouldn't want to have to depend on other players being injured in order to have a shot at winning a slam.

Last edited by Towanda : Oct 6th, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #51
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything about this is just awful. It's not consecutive. Ugly cake. She looks awful. It's a total mockery of the #1 ranking and the tour...
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #52
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Right, and we could then congratulate Graf for having the luck that Seles was stabbed so that Graf could win all of her slams....but, you're missing the point....we could go round and round about who is better when comparing players from different eras...but I think with Caro, because of how defensive her game is and how few offensive weapons she has, there would always be players that she is not capable of beating.
If Caro is capable of having 4 match points against Serena, she's capable of beating Serena.

If she's capable of beating Serena, she's capable of beating anyone.

CAMELINE WOZNIACKI - THE BEST CAMELTOE ON THE FREE MARKET

Caroline Wozniacki :: Maria Sharapova :: Kim Clijsters
kman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 05:08 AM   #53
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Kamaan!
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 05:16 AM   #54
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Caro is capable of having 4 match points against Serena, she's capable of beating Serena.

but can she beat Serena? NO

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #55
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Three years ago in Sydney. Please, anytime it matters Serena will murder cup cake.

Just have to realize that Caro's game is her opponent not showing up. Because when they do, she isnt top 5.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #56
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Caro would still be slamless AND wouldn't even sniff at no.1, soooo....
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 06:04 AM   #57
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

After their latest match..one has to conclude that if Serena plays just regular, Caroline has NO shot of beating Caro.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #58
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Caroline. Looking at time spent as #1 for players like Venus W, Sharapova, Safina, Clijsters Vs Caroline's 52 weeks, shows how 'easy' it is to lead the WTA ranking .. Little shame about the one Clijster week this year, but hey, nobody is perfect

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #59
country flag QuietPlease

QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future QuietPlease has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Congrats Caroline. Looking at time spent as #1 for players like Venus W, Sharapova, Safina, Clijsters Vs Caroline's 52 weeks, shows how 'easy' it is to lead the WTA ranking .. Little shame about the one Clijster week this year, but hey, nobody is perfect
Kim deserved that week.
Anyway looks like Caroline could hold onto #1 entering AO. She's the only top 10 player left in Beijing. And even if she bombs against Kanepi her chances of ending 2011 as #1 are high.

2006 Year End #237 - 2007 Year End #64 - 2008 Year End #12 - 2009 Year End #4

2010 Year End #1
2011 Year End #1

2012 Year End #10 - 2013 Year End #10
QuietPlease is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #60
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man, that cake. Given that Caro loves to bake herself she could have probably made herself a much nicer one

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote