2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #151
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit

And I wish more Kiwi girls were playing these, not that there are many Kiwi girls with the retirement of Shone Lee, Ellen Barry & Kairangi Vano these days
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #152
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Pity Hadzic isn't playing - she's in decent form and could have really upped her ranking in Esperance. Rajicic too. Maybe they're both doing schoolwork.

And is Ashleigh Barty going to play some of these?

The Esperance draw is so weak! I don't know why there's a tournament here - it's not easy to get to at all, is it? Oh well, hopefully Bojana, Storm and Steph Bengson have a good week. Would like to see Tyra qualify and get a ranking again too.
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #153
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

Isabella and Sally are not in the draw in Jakarta. what are they doing? hopefully if those two and Olivia aren't playing in the 25ks they will play in quallies for WTA event in Osaka.
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #154
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Pity Hadzic isn't playing - she's in decent form and could have really upped her ranking in Esperance. Rajicic too. Maybe they're both doing schoolwork.

And is Ashleigh Barty going to play some of these?

The Esperance draw is so weak! I don't know why there's a tournament here - it's not easy to get to at all, is it? Oh well, hopefully Bojana, Storm and Steph Bengson have a good week. Would like to see Tyra qualify and get a ranking again too.
The locations for these tournaments are just down right weird. I like the fact that they are trying to grow tennis in regional areas, but come on...Esperance and Kalgoorlie are just in the middle of nowhere...I imagine they have flights from Perth...are that'd probs be it.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #155
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

I feel sorry for some of the lower girls having to pay a fortune to fly around from remote places on one side of the country to obscure places on the other side.

I thought it made good sense for Peers and Issy to fly from Darwin to Jakarta as it would probably cost them less than getting to/staying in Esperance and they get to play some different players.

But they withdrew from that, but still entered for Kalgoorlie..ok..
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #156
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Kalgoorlie isnt that hard to get to with bus train and plane options available but esperance needs to be dumped and returned back to the state tennis centre or sorrento in Perth.
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #157
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Kalgoorlie isnt that hard to get to with bus train and plane options available but esperance needs to be dumped and returned back to the state tennis centre or sorrento in Perth.
That'd be a long bus trip, right?
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #158
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Personally I think when they hold these challengers they need to hold a bunch in the same area as they did previously, make it worth the cost of the flight.

Why can't they do like the good old days - Cairns, Mackay, Rockhamptom, Brissy in one string. If they go to Darwin put on a couple. If they are going to Perth make 3-4 in the area. These challengers need to be running constantly just like in the US to give the girls who can't afford to go overseas an opportunity to get a few bucks and some points.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #159
country flag Dani12

Stephanie Bengson, Ebony Panoho and Elizabeth James got Esperance wcs.

Panoho
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #160
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani12 View Post
Panoho
Do any of the other girls even apply for these WC's? Good to see Bengson rewarded for getting out there and giving it a go.

Jarmila Groth, Anastasia Rodionova, Isabella Holland, Olivia Rogowska

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #161
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

So glad Bengson got one. Although she would have got through qualifying easily anyway.

There should be 4 WCs shouldn't there? Ebony's not too bad is she - not in such a weak draw anyway...
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #162
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Cnsidering most are getting in direct, there's not many candidates.

Hey what happened to Nina Catovic?
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #163
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Cnsidering most are getting in direct, there's not many candidates.

Hey what happened to Nina Catovic?
Not sure with nina she has the potential...hasnt been playing anything around wa either???
|
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #164
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

Catovic was on the Alice Springs entry list but withdrew, then on the list for either Darwin or Cairns and withdrew from that, and now she's withdrawn from Esperance and Kalgoorlie too. i'm guessing she wants to play some of these events but has some kind of injury that keeps stopping her. i'd been looking forward to seeing how she would go this year since she showed a bit last year, but her only event so far has been a loss in Sarajevo quallies.
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #165
country flag ozfan44

Ill ask a couple of the wa girls and see hopefully if it is an injury she can get going again soon...

Any ideas where Moore, Letcher, Mirkovic are at??

Shame that the likes of Barty, Woolcock and Rischbieth are overseas at the same time, also it is worth noting Year 12s are heading into end of year exams which has also stopped a few from entering this swing of events...even more reason for them to scrap Esperance and have this back at the state tennis centre or Sorrento in Perth, which I have heard rumours they are doing next year....
|