Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #106
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
haha, sometimes I don't realize how weird (or funny) my own language is.
I don`t want to quibble here, but it`s not the language itself, it`s what we (the last generation) have made of it.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #107
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
^^ Ah, I thought so. Back to the dull tweets then
I have to admit when I read that tweet I was like: "höhö, she wrote 'geil'". Patheticly childish, I know.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #108
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
I don`t want to quibble here, but it`s not the language itself, it`s what we (the last generation) have made of it.
It's just pragmatics and that's a very interesting sub-discipline of linguistics IMO.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #109
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
I have to admit when I read that tweet I was like: "höhö, she wrote 'geil'". Patheticly childish, I know.
Why should it be pathetically childish? That would have been the most controversial statement from a tennis player (at least at the moment) and better than the usual congratulations. I bet Federer had that effect anyway
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #110
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
It's just pragmatics and that's a very interesting sub-discipline of linguistics IMO.
The decadence of languages, and the reasons therefore, is indeed a very interesting matter.
But probably this discussion should better take place in other forums.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #111
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Here is a nice article that deals with the question whether women's tennis is too nice these days. Julia is mentioned as well somewhere in the middle of the text: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #112
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Here is a nice article that deals with the question whether women's tennis is too nice these days. Julia is mentioned as well somewhere in the middle of the text: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle
Yeah, it was on GM too. It seems they got to know each other pretty well
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #113
country flag Skoo

An interview with the great Yeji Oh :

Interview with Julia Goerges

First of all congratuations, I saw you yesterday practicing, you seemed like had a cough. How do you feel now?
-I sick last week, I had a antibiotic. It's fine now but I hope to get better and better.

You have many fans in Korea after you won the doubles last year. Then you said you want to come back next year. So that's why you come back again?
-This is really nice tournament. So I thought i would comeback if I had a chance. When I have chance to play, I'll be there. That's why I came here.

In these days, German women players are doing great like you, Petkovic, Lisicki. What do you think that's reason?
-It's just the matter of the time. We all have a good potential. That's what we hope to come. Now we can be very dangerous to top players. And we get the result that we seeking.
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #114
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
An interview with the great Yeji Oh :

Interview with Julia Goerges

First of all congratuations, I saw you yesterday practicing, you seemed like had a cough. How do you feel now?
-I sick last week, I had a antibiotic. It's fine now but I hope to get better and better.

You have many fans in Korea after you won the doubles last year. Then you said you want to come back next year. So that's why you come back again?
-This is really nice tournament. So I thought i would comeback if I had a chance. When I have chance to play, I'll be there. That's why I came here.

In these days, German women players are doing great like you, Petkovic, Lisicki. What do you think that's reason?
-It's just the matter of the time. We all have a good potential. That's what we hope to come. Now we can be very dangerous to top players. And we get the result that we seeking.
I'm a little bit disappointed. I hoped she would have asked Julia whether she feels ready to win her 3rd grand slam title there at Seoul. But surely she is ready. Go for it Julia!
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #115
country flag Skoo

Quote:
I'm a little bit disappointed. I hoped she would have asked Julia whether she feels ready to win her 3rd grand slam title there at Seoul. But surely she is ready. Go for it Julia!
The third one is always the hardest, they say, but she'll probably manage. And maybe she'll enter the top 10 sports beauties too
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 11:42 AM   #116
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia on Twitter
Unfortunately i lost my match today had chances+didnt take them.quality was good.tmrw leaving to tokyo.playing first round against parmentier there...
Yeah, dumb and dumber matches are always of good quality
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 01:13 PM   #117
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
Yeah, dumb and dumber matches are always of good quality
Well, you can lose a match, that happens. But as pro you should be able to assess it accurately. If she really thinks the "quality was good" then it's time to worry.

Last edited by Dispeker : Sep 23rd, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #118
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia on Twitter
On my way to Tokyo...had a great time in koreapeople are so nice here and treat u very well...specially our driver this morning he brang us a coffee,because he had no money for the highway toll to the airport so i gave him my last korean money and he felt so sorry.very cute man
Oh, ain't that cute
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #119
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, ain't that cute
Are you happy by Julia tweet now? Finally something interesting.
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #120
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditoo View Post
Are you happy by Julia tweet now? Finally something interesting.
It is still far from, say, Petko's tweets, but it is better than "I had practice, massage, gn8"