Eva Asderaki - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #496
country flag Root

Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eva Asderaki

First slam final and it was full of drama. Eva was right to have made that call, it's a shame Serena had to lose it that way. What she said to Eva was completely unacceptable (although the part about being ugly inside gave me life ). Glad she kept her composure and well done to Sam who didn't collapse mentally afterwards as feared. I was looking forward to Serena shaking hands with Eva but it was never going to happen after all this. Btw, did she confuse Asderaki with Engzell? A mess.

At least she won't forget that final for a while. And now she's in a number of articles, you go gurl.
Root is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #497
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

When she made that call I died inside because I thought she was wrong. How could I ever doubt her?

And she handled Serena spewing shit at her really well. She was right and that's all that matters.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #498
country flag Danii's Law

Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of

My God after that Eva is my favourite player, and she doesn't even play.

She is such a good umpire, and am so glad she got a final, I am also kind of glad there was drama so everyone could see that she knows her shit and will stand her ground.

EVA 4 LIFE!!
Danii's Law is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 02:47 AM   #499
country flag vassia54

vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice

Jonathan Overend,
Jonathan Overend BBC tennis correspondent
Umpire Eva Asderaki made a brave call - completely within her rights - to penalise Serena for hindrance and didn't deserve the hurl of abuse. Williams is a great champion who often lets herself down when she opens her mouth. It's a shame she hasn't learned much from here two years ago, a shame she showed little regret afterwards, and also a shame it has taken some of the coverage away from Stosur's excellence. Serena did say perhaps she needs to read the rule book, an admission of sorts. But that's why we have umpires and Asderaki is one of the best. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/14876919.stm) After that what we can say? bravo Eva
vassia54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 02:56 AM   #500
country flag Raz0r

Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold

I like Serena as a player, but that was completely uncalled for. Eva didn't deserve to be called names when she was just doing her job and following the rulebook. She behaved VERY professionally towards Serena.

Congrats to Eva on a job well done for her first Slam final Hopefully one of many more to come

Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #501
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Now that picture I like Eva's just like: Rena I don't give a fuck about you right now.
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #502
country flag Raz0r

Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold

Btw, I love how Eva's Facebook fan count jumped by about 70 within the last few hours
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:12 AM   #503
country flag Jane Lane

I NOTICED THAT TOO!
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:21 AM   #504
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
Btw, I love how Eva's Facebook fan count jumped by about 70 within the last few hours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
I NOTICED THAT TOO!
Does she have a facebook account?? Please guy, can you give me the link? Obviously I will like it!

Anyway, I always liked Eva, but today, she´s showed she´s just the best umpire, and I´m in love with her!

And she put Serena in her place, she just didn´t give a shit, just as the picture shows it

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:22 AM   #505
country flag Raz0r

Eva's unofficial Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eva-Asderaki/49925335641
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:22 AM   #506
country flag Jane Lane

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eva-Asderaki/49925335641

It's fan made. But it's something. There are a few assholes, as with anything, but most people wrote she did an awesome job.
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #507
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, her wall has a majority of praise for today´s incident, as it should have many more!

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:29 AM   #508
country flag AstuteLearner8

AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold AstuteLearner8 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassia54 View Post
Jonathan Overend,
Jonathan Overend BBC tennis correspondent
Umpire Eva Asderaki made a brave call - completely within her rights - to penalise Serena for hindrance and didn't deserve the hurl of abuse. Williams is a great champion who often lets herself down when she opens her mouth. It's a shame she hasn't learned much from here two years ago, a shame she showed little regret afterwards, and also a shame it has taken some of the coverage away from Stosur's excellence. Serena did say perhaps she needs to read the rule book, an admission of sorts. But that's why we have umpires and Asderaki is one of the best. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/14876919.stm) After that what we can say? bravo Eva
Kudos to Eva too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60oGon8q-0 I liked her calm composure throughout the entire tirade and it was pretty weird/funny how Serena mixed her up with the other umpires
AstuteLearner8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:32 AM   #509
country flag Raz0r

Interesting that it takes major drama for people to notice a good umpire, when she's been doing an excellent job in the background for years
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:37 AM   #510
country flag Jane Lane

I've always heard MLB umpires say that's how they like it; they don't want people to know their names, because it usually means they screwed up. But Eva was right today, so in theory it's even better.