Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #91
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

@juliagoerges Just came back from a great treatment with my osteopath.he's doing a great job and my back is back in the right positionstart practice soon

Now they're gonna see who's boss
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #92
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
@juliagoerges Just came back from a great treatment with my osteopath.he's doing a great job and my back is back in the right positionstart practice soon

Now they're gonna see who's boss
That`s really interesting, she`s trying out some non-conventional medicine !
I`ve made very good experiences with it, and it can help at these kind of back problems.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #93
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
That`s really interesting, she`s trying out some non-conventional medicine !
I`ve made very good experiences with it, and it can help at these kind of back problems.
Oh, that's alternative medicine then I hope it works anyway, since I wouldn't mind even if she says some energy bracelet helps her win But what is the mainstream medicine of the bones called?

EDIT: D'oh, Osteology

Last edited by Skoo : Sep 9th, 2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #94
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, that's alternative medicine then I hope it works anyway, since I wouldn't mind even if she says some energy bracelet helps her win But what is the mainstream medicine of the bones called?

EDIT: D'oh, Osteology
That's for studying bones scientifically and that would only affect Julia if she was a cavewoman (who's been dead for thousands of years.) The medical branch is orthopedics*.

* Thanks, Callie Torres.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #95

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
In a very short form, osteopaths are usually people, who have a conventional medical profession, and add the osteopathic course afterwards. It lasts about 5 years and is very expensive.
We have a big number of osteopaths in Germany, and it`s kind of booming, because it seems to be pretty effective. The assurances don`t support it, you have to pay the treatment on your own.
The aspects of this medical direction are relying on a different view on the human body, and the context between bones, nerves, muscles, and energy streaming.
In the end it`s all about solving blocked energy streams.
The treatment lasts about one hour, and consists of touching special points of the body during longer terms. These special points are placed far away from the hurting point and seem to have no connection to it.
I`ve made some good and astonishing experiences with it, at different problems with joints.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #96
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Get healthy Julia.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #97
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
That's for studying bones scientifically and that would only affect Julia if she was a cavewoman (who's been dead for thousands of years.) The medical branch is orthopedics*.

* Thanks, Callie Torres.
I see. I should have been less sure at least, not to mention there was also Wikipedia Thanks. Good thing you watch TV shows

Quote:
In a very short form, osteopaths are usually people, who have a conventional medical profession, and add the osteopathic course afterwards. It lasts about 5 years and is very expensive.
We have a big number of osteopaths in Germany, and it`s kind of booming, because it seems to be pretty effective. The assurances don`t support it, you have to pay the treatment on your own.
The aspects of this medical direction are relying on a different view on the human body, and the context between bones, nerves, muscles, and energy streaming.
In the end it`s all about solving blocked energy streams.
The treatment lasts about one hour, and consists of touching special points of the body during longer terms. These special points are placed far away from the hurting point and seem to have no connection to it.
I`ve made some good and astonishing experiences with it, at different problems with joints.
Hmm... is that mechanical energy or some kind of spooky energy like qi? From what you say -- simply touching some points -- it seems conceptually pretty similar to acupuncture. Simply being efficient doesn't suffice, because homeopathy, etc. seem pretty efficient too. But I took a quick look on Google and it doesn't seem to be your ordinary pseudomedicine (it even has clinical trials that show it's better than placebo!), but it still has a lot of weird jargon

And I see it works best for low back pain. But they don't seem to last for long I suppose it's the treatment she is always receiving... hopefully it will last longer now. Sigh.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #98

Quote:
I see. I should have been less sure at least, not to mention there was also Wikipedia Thanks. Good thing you watch TV shows

Hmm... is that mechanical energy or some kind of spooky energy like qi? From what you say -- simply touching some points -- it seems conceptually pretty similar to acupuncture. Simply being efficient doesn't suffice, because homeopathy, etc. seem pretty efficient too. But I took a quick look on Google and it doesn't seem to be your ordinary pseudomedicine (it even has clinical trials that show it's better than placebo!), but it still has a lot of weird jargon

And I see it works best for low back pain. But they don't seem to last for long I suppose it's the treatment she is always receiving... hopefully it will last longer now. Sigh.
Osteopathics are not "freaks" or something, you`ll find a lot of regular doctors,there.
It`s a very intensive schooling.
It has to do with acupressure, but it`s an own direction.
They are combining influences of western and eastern medicin. For instants they regard the "meridians" lines of the human body, the context between organs and teeth, and so on.

Concerning her back, the most important thing is, that gets more upright in body position.
Her muscles in the lower back and belly area are not developed enough, to do so, and that is a result of her wrong positioning. This "upright" is not just a physical manor.
The treatments will diminish her pain, but the problems won`t disappear, if she can`t change something in that point.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #99
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Osteopathics are not "freaks" or something, you`ll find a lot of regular doctors,there.
It`s a very intensive schooling.

Concerning her back, the most important thing is, that gets more upright in body position.
Her muscles in the lower back and belly area are not developed enough, to do so, and that is a result of her wrong positioning. This "upright" is not just a physical manor.
The treatments will diminish her pain, but the problems won`t disappear, if she can`t change something in that point.
I know a lot of regular doctors that are freaks (i.e. they are pro homeopathy, energy bracelets, acupuncture, energy healing and all sorts of quantum stuff ). But again, I understand, osteopathy is not quack, it has proven results.

About the upright position, maybe her generous chest has something to do with it too. And, at rest, it probably doesn't put much pressure on the lower back muscles, but the weight is probably significantly amplified with speed and decelaration. After complaining about her back problems after Madrid, I was wondering when is she going to start to wear a bra. And she did immediately But it seems it doesn't help much. And that topspin and kick serve probably do a lot of damage.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #100

Quote:
I know a lot of regular doctors that are freaks (i.e. they are pro homeopathy, energy bracelets, acupuncture, energy healing and all sorts of quantum stuff ). But again, I understand, osteopathy is not quack, it has proven results.

About the upright position, maybe her generous chest has something to do with it too. And, at rest, it probably doesn't put much pressure on the lower back muscles, but the weight is probably significantly amplified with speed and decelaration. After complaining about her back problems after Madrid, I was wondering when is she going to start to wear a bra. And she did immediately But it seems it doesn't help much. And that topspin and kick serve probably do a lot of damage.
Actually, her "higher positioned body center of gravity", and how she can handle that is the main point in the lower back discussion, btw., a problem, that many girls have.
The muscular problem in the centre of her body you can see at times, when she can`t control the weight of her long limbs in quick change of motions.
Then the cute helicopter ( very nicely said by Howard ) goes into a spin.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #101
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Actually, her "higher positioned body center of gravity", and how she can handle that is the main point in the lower back discussion, btw., a problem, that many girls have.
The muscular problem in the centre of her body you can see at times, when she can`t control the weight of her long limbs in quick change of motions.
Then the cute helicopter ( very nicely said by Howard ) goes into a spin.
You lost me a little bit after the center of gravity part. In any case, it must be great to be her osteopath
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #102
country flag Skoo

@juliagoerges @Petzsche @jojomelzer glückwunsch geil gemacht jungs

Is it just Google Translate or did she actually say they made her horny?
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #103
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Geil means horny, but it's also slang for awesome, great or amazing. In this case it means one of the latter.

She just said "congrats. great job, guys."
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #104
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

haha, sometimes I don't realize how weird (or funny) my own language is.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #105
country flag Skoo

^^ Ah, I thought so. Back to the dull tweets then