Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #916
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Someone else took 2 pics:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennislover23 View Post
Knapp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennislover23 View Post
She looks good. And happy. I hope it'll go great today
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #917
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Kaia is up 64 21
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #918
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

d. Tanasugarn 64 63

She was actually a break down in 1st set, but then never looked back.

7 aces, 4 DFs. Won over 60% of points on 1st and 2nd serve.

So happy with this win Especially being out 2 months with an injury.

Next round vs Date Krumm or Soler Espniosa.
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #919
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Go Kaia
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #920
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah,this was a tough first-rounder for Kaia to face---a multiple title-winner who's given lots of top players some tough matches.So,this was a really nice,impressive win and she moves on to face either Soler-Espinosa or Date-Krumm.Kaia is 1-0 H2H against each gal,but I think the Spaniard would probably be the easier opponent in this case

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #921
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yeah,this was a tough first-rounder for Kaia to face---a multiple title-winner who's given lots of top players some tough matches.So,this was a really nice,impressive win and she moves on to face either Soler-Espinosa or Date-Krumm.Kaia is 1-0 H2H against each gal,but I think the Spaniard would probably be the easier opponent in this case
I am very happy that Kaia won. Eventhough Tanasugarn is not at her best right now, she is one tough b*tch to beat any day. She runs most balls back and make you hit them harder and harder until you UE.
For Kaia, this was a perfect opening match. She had to hit each ball back many times to get her feel back.

Next up Soler-Espinosa I'm glad Date-Krumm got beaten, she would have been a dreadful opponent
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 04:31 AM   #922
country flag Rusher

Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all

Li Na lost in first round to Halep, so good luck Kaia
Rusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 09:37 AM   #923
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
Li Na lost in first round to Halep, so good luck Kaia
Her side of the draw is somewhat open now, so she better use this opportunity. She has a QF to defend, hopefully she manages that.
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 03:45 PM   #924
country flag WhoAmI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
Kanepi vs. Tanasugarn:

Match report:
I arrived at 2-all in the second with Tamarine at double break-point, so at that point I figured Kaia was probably rather rusty and out-of-form and Tamarine was taking advantage. Not quite the case! Immediately Tamarine blew the 2-all game with a huge flurry of unforced errors. Kaia looked really fit actually (I seem to remember her being a bit chubby before) whereas Tamarine did not look horrible, but definitely a bit lacking in the fitness department. Tamarine also had tape on her right arm, so maybe it is injured? Unfortunately, the match had almost no atmosphere because, even on a field court, almost no one was there, which I thought was strange as both of these players have had some good results and I would have thought people had heard of them. At first the points I saw were just long baseline rallies, with almost every single one ending in an unforced error. Not pretty stuff. Tamarine started to look really upset with herself, and her errors after blowing two break points, but she couldn't take them. I quickly noticed that Kaia is huge! She's really tall, and is really powerfully-built. She clearly has the ability to destroy the ball. For some reason this match she seemed to be trying to contain her power, as she was really just pushing. Because of this, Tamarine had many chances, both within rallies and within games, to take control, but she just missed so often that she slowly and surely fell farther behind. As the set continued, Kaia just pushed and Tamarine made error after error. Clearly Kaia was containing her ballbashing abilities, but I couldn't tell if it was strategic, as she knew Tamarine would miss, or if she always pushes now, due to lack of confidence or something else. Basically Kaia didn't really do anything, which allowed Tamarine to self-destruct. Tamarine seemed very upset with her game as she watched it slip away, however she was very nice after, sticking around to sign even though she lost.

Players:
Kaia: Like I said, she has really, really powerful build, so I honestly think she is meant to bash, and that has taken her to two major quarterfinals. Pushing worked very well today, but this is not getting to get her past stronger, more dogged opponents. With this game, I don't see much happening, but she gave me the impression that she could be a pretty successful ballbasher if she had the proper focus and all that.
Tamarine: Maybe she is injured, because of her arm tape, but it was disappointing. She had plenty of chances, as Kaia was doing nothing, but she always found a way to miss. You could see that her game and court-sense were still there, as she hit some very nice shots and volleys, but the only solution I can see is a lot of practice. If Tamarine wants to put in a lot of work and practicing consistency, she can still be top fifty, but at this point in her life I'm not sure whether she wants to work that hard, which just means she will miss a lot of chances and play very rusty on the occasions she does play.
Maybe not overly positive, but better than spraying the ball out by herself. And she could not be confident yet either.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 11:36 AM   #925
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful to see Kaia back with a Grand Slam win!

It was an important win. Now win your next US Open match too, Kaia!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM   #926
country flag Kylger

Kanepi lost 4-6 2-6 to Soler-Espinosa.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM   #927
country flag Kylger

Not sure at all what was happening. She had issues keeping her serve and had no chance in hell on Soler-Espinosa's serve.

She got only 2 BP's in one service game and couldn't convert. She never made that stage again to even have a chance to break
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 04:51 PM   #928
country flag WhoAmI?

Yes. Sucks. Just when I thought there are good chances to reach 4th round Disappointed for now. But not bad result in the bigger picture I guess.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM   #929
country flag tenisboss

tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of

From with brand Kaia has her apparel??
tenisboss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 05:23 PM   #930
country flag WhoAmI?

She buys her own clothes as far as I know. But seems to wear Nike most of the time.