The Eirini Paniyiri (Eirini Georgatou Cheering Thread) - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #736
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Eirini Paniyiri (Eirini Georgatou Cheering Thread)

My report:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Where do I start?
This match made my whole Summer, GEORGATOU VS. KOLAR. I will never forget this match for the rest of my life
Peak WTA
Nastja “Nasty” Kolar is such a bitch . You have to see her live to believe it. There is seriously something wrong with this girl. Before the match I was excited not only for Eirini, but because I thought Nastja had potential to be a fave of mine in the future. Well that won’t happen ever. I hope she matures one day, because she is worse than An.Rodionova and Zahlavova-Strycova . This match had everything. I wish it was televised. I was sitting right by Kolar’s camp and she had like 10-12 people cheering for her and Georgatou had maximum 5, unlike last year where she had like 15. So to start, Georgatou’s grunt will be made fun of in the future . I don’t remember it being like this when I saw her last year. Her grunt reminds me of Petkovic’s. Kolar has no grunt, instead she does this weird thing where she bites her lip every time she hit’s the ball . So Kolar’s camp was coaching her the whole time, talking to her in Slovenian (or is it Serbo-Croatian?). Anyways sometimes when they would say “Ajde” and “Bravo” it was obvious they were just trying to pump her up, which I think was fine, but when Kolar was talking to them in Slovenian and they were having conversation back, it was so pathetic. The umpire told them to stop but they kept on going and he didn’t even care. Seriously, I’m not joking, it was so bad. One time during a changeover she walked right to them and talked to them and they gave her advice and no one did anything about it . I wish they would enforce this rule more. TBH, I thought Eirini was going to lose since she was coming back from injury, and I always bring bad luck to Greek players and I never saw one win live, but I’m so glad she won this match. Kolar has a nice serve. The stats don’t lie, she had 11 aces. But if there was hawkeye then she only had like 6-8, but still good. Her forehand is a huge weapon and her backhand really isn’t that strong but not a liability either. She reminds me of a young Ana Ivanovic with a similar style of play. EVA ASDERAKI came and watched the match and she looked great. She had her hair down and looked like a supermodel . The stats from the match are obviously wrong. Georgatou didn’t have 0 winners and Kolar only 11, there were much more . Kolar had more winners but also more UE. Now for Eirini, she is just solid. No huge weapons, but she plays well and sort of reminds me of Jie Zheng. Her forehand is really nice and her backhand can also do some damage, but she has a height disadvantage . She also volleys perfectly. She hit some nice volleys in the match, especially one which was a behind-the-back drop volley, it was a sick shot . Anyways, Georgatou can be annoying for some, constantly screaming Allez, Pame, Ajde/Haide, Come on, Vamos, etc. That really got to Kolar’s head and she kept laughing at Eirini whenever she would cheer for Kolar’s UE’s. Kolars coaches are assholes. Not only was it gross that some of them were barefoot, but two of them kept on making fun of Eirini and she hit a really bad serve that landed near the baseline and they were dying laughing, which I thought was inappropriate as the coaches of her opponent. They were just so annoying and one time Eirini put a ball up her skirt and her skirt was stuck on her shirt so one of her legs showed more skin than the other and I was laughing because she didn’t realize until a few points later, but they were just so immature . They thought she was so stupid and I’m glad Kolar lost. Nastja was just rude to Eirini the whole time. There was one point in the match where Eirini was cheering all of Kolar’s UE’s and then Eirini hit a nice winner and then Kolar said something like “Bravo, now you know when to cheer” . Georgatou was so polite with the ballkids though. She would say “towel please” and “thank you”. One time Georgatou hit a let cord winner and Kolar was so frustrated and Georgatou not only held up her hand, but she said “Sorry!” so I thought that was very sportsmanlike of her IMO. Wow, this report is such a mess and so unorganized . Next time I should take notes to make it easier . And after Kolar won the second set, Eirini took a bathroom break and I had to walk around because I was so nervous and my legs fell asleep. Luckily when I came back I found a different seat right behind Eirini’s chair and it was the best decision I made. More people came in and by the end of the match all of the stands were full (there was only one side with stands though, but they were full and a lot of people were standing behind and some even standing on the bleachers on the next court, and it really was a great match IMO with many long rallies. Everyone there wanted Kolar except for a few Greeks like myself, Georgatou’s camp, and a few other Greeks here and there. There were these three Greeks in front of me during the third set and they were so stupid. They knew NOTHING about tennis and just came to see a Greek, which was fine by me, and you could tell they were Greek since one had a Greek football NT kit on and when Eirini would say “Allez” they all thought she was saying “Nai”, which has the same ending sound as “Allez”, but it actually sounded like it could be true since “Nai” means “Yes” in Greek so she was celebrating like that, but I obviously knew she was saying “Allez”. Also those people were obviously drunk by looking at them.

Time for a new paragraph. Eirini raced out to a 5-2* lead in the third set, but the crowd was still behind Kolar, even non-Slovenians. Everyone kept on calling Eirini the annoying girl. Well at 5-2 things changed quickly. There was a nice little exchange during the changeover. After Eirini cheered one of Kolar’s UE’s on GP, Kolar said to Eirini loud and clear “WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!” . I was stunned and everyone was laughing and in shock. Kolar only got a warning for that, no point penalty. Then there were two really long games where Georgatou got robbed. Seriously, so many of Kolar’s serves were faults called aces. Probably like 3-5 of them were aces, and others first serves. In the game at 5-3*, Kolar hit two aces that were clearly out, and then she hit another serve that was clearly out and Eirini hit it into the net and then Eirini said “That was out, no?”, and it was clearly out. Even after Kolar said that to Eirini, everyone still was cheering for Kolar and called Eirini the annoying one still . They were just idiotic, and I can’t believe they were all still supporting Kolar. The Slovenians I understand, but the rest? Anyways everyone walking by said “Greece vs. Slovakia”, “A Greek vs. a Slovakian”, “She’s from Greece and she’s from Slovakia”, etc. after seeing “GRE vs. SLO”. I heard that at least 5 times, like no “SLO” is Slovenia not Slovakia . Not one person said Slovenia! Anyways, people might think Georgatou choked a little in the end, but she really didn’t, the chair umpires just gave aces to Kolar that really weren’t aces. By the end of the match I was a mess when Kolar held for 5-4*. But then IIRC Georgatou held to love, but I could be wrong. Right before Eirini’s MP, Kolar hit a shot into the net and smashed her racket. By then it looked like she was throwing in the towel and Eirini stayed calm and composed and won in the end and I still just don’t know how she did it, but she did and I was so happy it was one of my favorite matches of all time. I was surprised that Kolar actually shook hands with Eirini but in the end she was just laughing at Eirini’s fistpumps and swearing in Slovenian every point so she didn’t care. Oh, and one time Eirini hit a ball long and Kolar did a huge “Ajde!” to rub it in Eirini’s face

I must say I was impressed with Kolar’s attitude after the match. Some kid asked for a picture with her and she agreed, I thought she would just want to leave but she was nice to the fans, so she got some respect back for that. But Eirini was so nice to everyone, and only the Greeks cared about her. Everyone else was annoyed with her. Yes, I understand she was fistpumping like Ivanovic, but she wasn’t cursing and swearing and being rude and nasty like Kolar. Eirini did nothing wrong and I don’t know why she got so much hate from the crowd, but she was so happy that us Greeks stayed for her and the look on her face was so nice to see. I went up to her and so did other Greeks, and I got an autograph from her and some other Greek fans as well as my self got pics with her and she was really sweet and adorable. Seriously I would love to see her make it big one day, she is just so nice with the fans and I spoke to her in Greek congratulating her and thanking her for her autograph and picture and she talked to all of us in Greek and told us to be good and to come back on Thursday for her next match. I’m so excited and I hope I can go to her next match!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 04:53 AM   #737
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Πρεμιέρα της Γεωργάτου στο US Open

Ξεκινά τις υποχρεώσεις της στο προκριματικό ταμπλό η Ειρήνη Γεωργάτου. Η Ελληνίδα αθλήτρια που τα τελευταία χρόνια κάνει μια πολύ δυνατή προσπάθεια ανόδου στο διεθνές τένις, βρίσκεται στο Νο 209 της παγκόσμιας κατάταξης και θέλει μια αξιοπρεπή παρουσία στο Αμερικανικό Όπεν.

Η Ειρήνη που έχει μια ιδιαίτερη αγάπη στις σκληρές επιφάνειες θα χρειαστεί πρώτα να νικήσει το άγχος της συμμετοχής στο μεγάλο Grand Slam και στη συνέχεια τη Σλοβένα Nastja Kolar Νο 240 στην κατάταξη.

Η Ειρήνη έχει αποδείξει πως είναι ένα "σκληρό καρύδι" στις αναμετρήσεις που εμφανίζεται συγκεντρωμένη και προσηλωμένη. Έχει κάνει πολύ καλή προετοιμασία για το US Open και μένει να δούμε εάν η αγωνιστική της κατάσταση αλλά και η φυσική της κατάσταση μετά τον πρόσφατο της τραυματισμό θα της δώσουν τη δυνατότητα για μια ικανοποιητική πορεία.

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #738
country flag hellas719

Παλικαρίσια νίκη της Γεωργάτου

Με τον καλύτερο τρόπο έκανε την πρεμιέρα της η Ειρήνη Γεωργάτου στο προκριματικό ταμπλό του US Open. Νίκη σε μια δύσκολη αναμέτρηση!

Η Ειρήνη αντιμετώπισε τη Σλοβένα Nastja Kolar, μια πολύ καλή και ανεβασμένη αθλήτρια με υψηλούς στόχους στην καριέρα της που δεν υστερεί σε ταλέντο και φυσική κατάσταση. Βέβαια τα ίδια θα πρέπει να λέει και ο Σλοβένικος τύπος για τη δική μας Ειρήνη, που σε σκληρές επιφάνειες απογειώνει την απόδοσή της με την ταχύτητά της και το βάθος των χτυπημάτων της.

Το παιχνίδι τα είχε όλα με δυνατές αναμετρήσεις, μεγάλα ράλλυ και ανατροπές. Η Γεωργάτου πήρε το προβάδισμα στο πρώτο σετ με 6-4 σε 32 λεπτά. Αλλά στα επόμενα 46 λεπτά η Kolar πήρε την ισοφάριση με το αντίστροφο σκορ 6-4.

Το 3ο και καθοριστικό σετ ήταν το μεγαλύτερο σε διάρκεια (53 λεπτά) και εκεί και οι δύο αθλήτριες τα έδωσαν όλα, με τη νίκη να έρχεται στη Γεωργάτου και πάλι με 6-4. Η Kolar είχε 11 winners και 11 άσσους και αυτά την κράτησαν πολύ καλά κοντά στο σκορ.

Επόμενη αντίπαλος για την Ειρήνη η Urszula Radwanska από την Πολωνία, Νο 6 στο ταμπλό και Νο 118 στον κόσμο!

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #739
country flag hellas719

Έκανε το πρώτο βήμα η Γεωργάτου!

Σπουδαία νίκη σημείωσε η Ειρήνη Γεωργάτου στον 1ο προκριματικό γύρο του US Open κόντρα στην Νάστια Κόλαρ από τη Σλοβενία με 2-1 σετ και πλέον θα αντιμετωπίσει την πολύ δύσκολη και Νο8 του προκριματικού ταμπλό, Ούρσουλα Ραντβάνσκα.

Ιδανικά ξεκίνησε η προσπάθεια της Ειρήνης Γεωργάτου για την πρώτη της συμμετοχή σε κυρίως ταμπλό Grand Slam διοργάνωσης.

Η ταλαντούχα Ελληνίδα πρωταθλήτρια, πέτυχε σπουδαία όσο και δύσκολη νίκη στον πρώτο της αγώνα για τα προκριματικά του Αμερικανικού Όπεν, επικρατώντας με 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 της 17χρονης Νάστια Κόλαρ και πήρε μεγάλη πρόκριση στον επόμενο γύρο των προκριματικών όπου την περιμένει πολύ δύσκολο έργο...

Η 20χρονη Γεωργάτου, Νο209 της παγκόσμιας κατάταξης με career high το Νο176, έφτασε στη νίκη επί της ταλαντούχας Σλοβένας, Νο240 στην WTA, μετά από 2 ώρες και 10 λεπτά, κλείνοντας το ραντεβού με το Νο8 του ταμπλό, Ούρσουλα Ραντβάνσκα στο 2ο και προτελευταίο προκριματικό γύρο.

Η μικρή αδερφή της Αγκνιέσκα Ραντβάνσκα, επικράτησε με τη σειρά της 6-3, 6-2 της Αννα-Λένα Γκρόνεφελντ δείχνοντας ότι βρίσκεται σε πολύ καλή κατάσταση.

Η 20χρονη Ούρσουλα Ραντβάνσκα αυτή τη στιμή βρίσκεται στο Νο116 της παγκόσμιας κατάταξης ενώ η υψηλότερη θέση που έχει βρεθεί ποτέ ήταν το Νο62 της WTA, έχοντας και ορισμένες επιτυχίες στο επαγγελματικό tοur. Στο περσινό US Open η νεαρή Πολωνέζα, είχε αποκλειστεί στο 2ο γύρο ενώ έχει καταγράψει παρουσίες στα κυρίως ταμπλό και των τεσσάρων Grand Slams.

Υπενθυμίζουμε ότι στο κυρίως ταμπλό του γυναικείου Αμερικανικού Όπεν θα αγωνιστεί η Λένα Δανιηλίδου ενώ οι κληρώσεις θα γίνουν την Πέμπτη.

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 05:05 AM   #740
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report hellas

Women's tennis at his best. Pure drama
Must have been some match.

Pretty good she was able to focus and could win that one with all the drama that had been going on during the match

Just hope she has more fans cheering for her in the next round!

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #741
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

Now vs Ula...she didn't get a nice draw did she. Oh well Q win gives ranking points.
game wins: FITD US Open '12, Guangzhou '10 (#1 since 8 July 2013), TT Indian Wells '11, TT doubles Moskva '11, Brussel '12, Pattaya '13, Stuttgart '13 (w/Andreas), PAW 4 titles, Suicide Olympic gold + 2 titles, Tipping 3 titles (#1 for 25 weeks, USO Series '12), Q-Ball 7 titles, Blackjack #1 2012, Pentathlon #1 2012 (5 titles)
Азарэнка | Павлюченкова | Arvidsson| Halep | Eikeri | Clijsters | Rus | Van Uytvanck | Watson | Bertens | Superboerin Hogenkamp | Schoofs
Håkon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #742
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Ula def Eirini 6-3 6-1

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #743
country flag Calliope.
Martina&Roger <3

Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future

Eirini 40 points anyways right?

Larcher de Brito | Giorgi | Bouchard | Goerges | Stephens

Kirilenko | Sharapova | Kvitova | Pennetta | Garcia | Burnett
Azarenka | Wozniacki | McHale | Keys | Puig | Bencic | Italians
Calliope. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #744
country flag Sasja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope. View Post
Eirini 40 points anyways right?
Yep

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #745
country flag Sasja

Photos from USO quallies:

And avies and a banner I made

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #746
country flag hellas719

http://tennisnews.gr/greek-tennis/wo...rgatou-us-open

OMG my report is famous

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #747
country flag hellas719

http://tennisnews.gr/greek-tennis/wo...rgatou-us-open

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #748
country flag hellas719

http://tennis24.gr/content/view/8893/70/lang,el/

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 01:19 AM   #749
country flag hellas719

My report from QR2 vs. Ula:
Well there was a short rain delay in the beginning and then a very long one with Eirini leading 2-1. I saw Eirini and her coach come out one time to see if they were drying the courts and they were, but then it rained again. During that time, someone asked Eirini where she was playing and the he told her good luck and I hope you win. After play finally resumed, Court 4 was the last court to be dried so it took forever for them to finally start again. When the players were coming on court, I wished Eirini good luck in Greek and she thanked me and Ula seemed so surprised . Aga sat by me for the whole match and I got her autograph and some other people did too. Marta Domachowska also stopped by for a few games to cheer on Ula and she was talking to Aga the whole time. Basically Ula was clearly the better player. Eirini played like she did on Tuesday, but Ula was just too good. She was hitting winners everywhere and there was really nothing Eirini could do. Eirini had a couple of really nice volleys, but in the end Ula was too strong and the better player won. I was fine though because I didn’t expect Eirini to win anyways. But during the match, the funniest thing ever happened. NASTJA KOLAR STOPPED BY TO WATCH A FEW GAMES . And no, the crowd was not against Eirini this time, they were neutral (apart from Ula’s small group of Polish fans). Eirini wasn’t really cheering any UEs, just a few that were long points or game/break points. Aga and their coach kept on motivating Ula in Polish and were really supportive of her the whole match (they weren’t coaching her though ). Ula had a few tantrums where she would smash her racquet, and scream in Polish. Some were just at akward times though. Like this one time when she missed a first serve she went crazy which I thought was pretty strange since she still had another serve . And a few times Ula got frustrated and took the ball and smashed it after a point, but she didn’t yell at Eirini or anything, unlike another girl she played. Eirini really wasn’t annoying at all this time so she had no reason to. Eirini also screamed in Greek a few times and some of the things she said were really funny . And there was this one really weird changeover when Ula was at the other side of the court and instead of walking by the chair like most people do, she went around the opposite side of the net and basically walked around the whole court to get to her chair . And she barely even sat down though. She would always get out of her chair and back onto the court before the umpire would call time. Maybe she just wanted to finish and get off the court ASAP? After the match Ula rushed to net and shook hands with Eirini and then the umpire and then just zipped up her bag and walked off court like she was in a hurry or something and by that time Aga was nowhere to be seen either. And I wanted to give Eirini a standing ovation while she was walking off the court, but I had absolutely no clue where she went and I assumed she left but then I saw her coach looking for her and then I walked away and then I turned around and saw Eirini but she was too far away by then. Overall I was still just happy that Eirini beat Kolar and is now back in the top 200 and her injury doesn’t seem so bad after all. And everyone needs to watch out for Ula in the MD . *I wrote this before I knew her R1 opponent.

Old Sep 6th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #750
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

Kouklitsa einai poli simbaths. tis efxomai oti kallitero. All the best Eirini! Keep going!
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote