Petra’s US Open Series Thread (2012 discussion starts on page 29) - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #286
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 US Open Series - stumbling towards US Open

Curcubeu comments about Schiavone Dulgheru match :

Alexandra seems to be as rusty as an armor from King Edward times...

and her stamina hit rock bottom!

She better draws Doi or Lepchenko now!

More than one win isn't possible, anyway...

I guess she is already planning for the next year to whore over some clay MMs!

Yeah, Lepchenko loves long rallies and Alex can't put any first serve in, if her match is longer than hour

And let's hope now for Ammanmuradova or Doi in Round 1 of the US Open. The girl had enough bad luck this year!
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #287
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Rybarikova is the better option at R3 (eventhough she lost the ITF final on clay to her) - Safarova is Petra's good friend & fellow leftie : it will be an ugly match for Petra to play (a leftie & friend) & for fans to watch
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #288
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Rybarikova is the better option at R3 (eventhough she lost the ITF final on clay to her) - Safarova is Petra's good friend & fellow leftie : it will be an ugly match for Petra to play (a leftie & friend) & for fans to watch
yep, Petra/Lucie R3 would be too much for me, she's played Kookie this year multiple times already in R1/R2
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #289
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Petra has problems playing against friends. In Paris indoors and in Indian Wells against Zahlavova-Strycova was really struggling.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #290
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

I think with the USO draw out, its time to start a new thread

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=443644

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #291
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute
2011 US Open - Who was that impostor?

Welcome to Petra's 2011 US Open thread!

Kvitova v. Dulgheru
Mayr-Achleinter v. Niculescu

Craybas v. Keys
Rybarikvoa v. Safarova

Last edited by cosmoose : Aug 29th, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #292
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: 2011 US Open - Petra ain't no 1 slam wonder!

I just noticed that it says "Love means nothing" on Rogers Cup frontpage, and for US Open, it says (as always) "It must be Love"

Good luck, Petra
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #293
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Petra has problems playing against friends. In Paris indoors and in Indian Wells against Zahlavova-Strycova was really struggling.
My guess is, At the US Open (and after struggling at earlier events), Petra will have no problems taking care of business if she faces Lucie (at least I hope-Gulp Gulp). Lol.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #294
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

#subscribe#

Well, draw could have been a lot worse ofcourse

Hope she is fit and shows some good form at the USO

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #295
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

I think she has an easy going draw to "comfortably" make the 1/4 - at least she didn't get Serena in the 3rd. round like a certain top player in the draw.

Any ways seriously some good matches to get some rhythm and the t°C to ebullition.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #296
country flag cosmoose

I think the draw is so favorable that Petra might have hard time playing in the show courts.
I hope USO has more sense than Toronto/Cincy.
Louis Armstrong or the grandstand court will be fine with me.

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #297
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
I think the draw is so favorable that Petra might have hard time playing in the show courts.
I hope USO has more sense than Toronto/Cincy.
Louis Armstrong or the grandstand court will be fine with me.
Funny/Good points. Lol.

At least we should get a stream though with 7 TV courts.

We'll know early, whether or not Peta's A game and attitude has shown up from her first match, from her ability to hold serve easily, and break the opponent (with out flip flopping serves). She couldn't' even do that in Cincy or Toronto with her first round opponents.

If she's playing well, and make's it that far (1/4 final), then I'm sure Masha and many of her fans will be shitting bricks in their already wet, quivering pants/garments. Lol.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 12:30 AM   #298
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Arthur Ashe, Louis Armstrong, Grandstand and Court 17 (seating 2,500) are all sizable courts with good amenities. Petra will have decent court assignments no matter what.

A Petra/Maria QF will be the match of the tournament and will be a feature Arthur Ashe night match.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 01:29 AM   #299
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I've looked at the draw, and I think Petra could very well make the final. She just has to play her way into the tournament, and then beat Pova in the quarters. Of course, Maria will be out for revenge, but if Petra brings her Wimbledon game, she should win again. The only players I'm really worried about are Zvonareva (whom I also wouldn't mind seeing win the whole thing, she's such a Novotna type) and the frightful odd French girl, who has seemed to have Petra's number. But she can't meet them until the semis, and I rather doubt either of them will make it that far.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 04:54 AM   #300
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Not complaining or anything,but I really couldn't argue with Corswandt if she said that it was cluttering the subforum to have a USO Series thread AND a specific USO thread....Still,I'm somewhat glad that Petra has generated such an outpouring of meandering,loyal support

On to the handicapping,there really don't seem to be too many of what you'd call STRONG favorites for whom you could say,'Yeah,it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she won.'---There are a few players who have decent,reasonable shots but if you looked at Cincy winner Masha,for example,I don't think you could truly say that she had taken her game to a high,GS-winning level...it's more a case where she's simply a much more solid choice than most other gals.I'm approaching things from a biased perspective,of course,when I argue that a lack of top-level GOATs(only Serena has reached that HC zone so far) opens the door wider for Petra if she finds her rhythm in the earlier,easier rounds

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote