Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #181
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
Things are getting ridiculous now. Mihai Barbat was just on the news in Denmark telling his side of the story:

According to Mihai Barbat, he called the Dutch spectators "bad chickens" because of them cheering Karen's mistakes which he viewed as disrespectful. They misconstrued this as a racist slur ("black chick"). Then Tamaela went up to him, yelling "Do you want to fight?" and hit him. As a reflex, he put up his hands to protect his face and must have accidentally hit her with his elbow, knocking her out in the process.

To me, it sounds like bullshit, but there you have it. Discuss.
I think you've assessed it properly.

These kind of narcissists are always right and always have the best explanations for their behavior. No cure for that condition either.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #182
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Things are getting ridiculous now. Mihai Barbat was just on the news in Denmark telling his side of the story:

According to Mihai Barbat, he called the Dutch spectators "bad chickens" because of them cheering Karen's mistakes which he viewed as disrespectful. They misconstrued this as a racist slur ("black chick"). Then Tamaela went up to him, yelling "Do you want to fight?" and hit him. As a reflex, he put up his hands to protect his face and must have accidentally hit her with his elbow, knocking her out in the process.

OMG

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #183
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Well, d'uh Obviously her father was not completely unprovoqued and she probably tells the story as it is. Dutch fans are definitely loud which has been seen at Aranxta Rus' matches. No matter what Mihai shouldn't have hit Elise, though. It's a horrible thing to do.

Karen is not to blame and I don't see how anyone can hate her or anything now. I don't think people realize how difficult it is to just push your father out of your life, even though he treats you badly. Families usually always stand up for each other and we wouldn't know the personal consequences for Karen if she chose to tell her father to get out of her life.
That is not obvious...at all. In any case, he's an adult; he ought to try some self-control. Not everyone in the crowd is going to be a supporter of his daughter. If he can't handle that, don't come to the matches. Ridiculous to try and defend this guy. The daughter defends him because she, to some degree, has to, since she is still dependent upon him.
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #184
country flag CrashOne

CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Re: Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father

This is getting weirder and weirder every day... Mihai Barbat is pressing charges against Elise via the ITF, Elise just received an official email... Really wondering what that man is thinking? Does he want to save his access to tournaments or does he really think (in his own head?) that he's the one being a victim? There are (literally) a dozen of witnesses who all have seen (and some even testified at the police station, incl. the referee) what happened. The hospital has given an official statement of Elise being injured. Even Karen has confessed to the press that her father hit Elise.

If I was such a low life as he is, things would have gotten out of hand right now. But he's lucky that we want to solve this in a decent way: in court if it's necessary. No need to get all physical like he did.

Just can't express how I feel right now... This must be one of the strangest weeks in my life, let alone Elise's... It's an upside down world...
CrashOne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #185
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

What the?

Justice will prevail in the end, I'm sure..!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #186
edificio

If it weren't for Elise's injury this would be hilarious. He sounds cut from the same victim cloth as Sarah Palin.
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #187
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashOne View Post
This is getting weirder and weirder every day... Mihai Barbat is pressing charges against Elise via the ITF, Elise just received an official email... Really wondering what that man is thinking? Does he want to save his access to tournaments or does he really think (in his own head?) that he's the one being a victim? There are (literally) a dozen of witnesses who all have seen (and some even testified at the police station, incl. the referee) what happened. The hospital has given an official statement of Elise being injured. Even Karen has confessed to the press that her father hit Elise.

If I was such a low life as he is, things would have gotten out of hand right now. But he's lucky that we want to solve this in a decent way: in court if it's necessary. No need to get all physical like he did.

Just can't express how I feel right now... This must be one of the strangest weeks in my life, let alone Elise's... It's an upside down world...
What are the charges? And where is he pressing charges?

That could be move suggested by his lawyer so that he does not appear "too" guilty, claiming some sort self-defense
Best defense is to go on offense

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #188
country flag deadparrot

deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashOne View Post

Gosh, that sucks You guys don't deserve this kind of treatment

Unfortunately, Karen Barbat backs up her father's BS story 100%. In a blog entry, she wrote that she didn't confirm that her father hit Elise after all. She was saying to the journalist that he may have reacted in an unfortunate way in self-defence but that it was Elise who went up to him, yelled at him and started hitting him

http://www.tennissporten.dk/pages/po...t-her-4097.php (in Danish)

If you want, I can translate her blog entry tomorrow.
deadparrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #189
country flag CrashOne

CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light CrashOne is a glorious beacon of light

That would be really nice Can't understand all of it when using Google Translate.
CrashOne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #190
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

WHAT
THE
FUCK

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #191
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

WTF, rediculous if someone actually believes that story. The guy is crazy.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 01:37 AM   #192
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_T View Post
I’d like to know how he managed to leave the scene / tournament / country??
German Autobahn.

All you have to do is take the left lane and go full throttle.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 03:05 AM   #193
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Why does the title say "Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father"?

Can you please edit it? This is not correct. Thanks.
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 07:07 AM   #194
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

Bad chickens? Does that phrase even mean anything in any language?

Ban for life, please.
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #195
country flag deadparrot

deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of

Here's my translation of Karen Barbat's blog entry. She tends to write long sentences so my translation reflects that and that may make her words hard to understand at times. That's because it was hard to make sense of in Danish as well

Quote:
I don't want to write about this

I don't want to write about this but I have to. I can no longer watch how guilty people try to act innocent or how the media makes up stories about how a crazy psycho father beats up a random tennis player. Or how I am more or less either an accomplice or a victim - and how my words to Ekstrabladet have been misconstrued, that I have said that my father beat up a tennis player, in the hopes of calming down the situation and tell what really happened. I have said and meant that he may have reacted unfortunately in self-defence and that it was the girl who went up to him and started yelling and beating him.

Both my father and I are very sorry about all of this, both on behalf of the girl who was hurt, the others who were present, the tournament, ITF and not least my father – who has been given the label of being a villain. My father is not a psycho and everything but violent. He has been with me on the tour for many years and has always had a good relationship with the players and has been nice and always speaks well with people and coaches at the tournaments. I am sorry that such a situation had such an unfortunate outcome - and has been misconstrued in such a way. I cannot control what people do outside the court and the unfortunate and sad way this tennis match ended or the stories that the media and journalists made up but I can only move on and continue working towards my goals. Therefore I hope that those people who follow this case and read my words here get to know the truth. My only part in this case is that I played a match and was present and witnessed the episode which happened at the sidelines. What is most unfortunate is that I was punished and that the supervisor had to disqualify me afterwards due to the rules. There was no police and certainly no police hunt after the episode as some people have made up. I also went over to talk to the group which had participated in the conflict and the girl who was involved. Afterwards dad and I quietly left the club and went home the next day.

I hope that I have put an end to all the misconceptions and will try to forget this and put the case behind me - and continue to play tennis at full speed and look forward to go on with my little brother Alex to play some tournaments in Germany in the next couple of weeks.
http://www.tennissporten.dk/pages/po...t-her-4097.php
deadparrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote