Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 9th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #76
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of
Re: Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxQue View Post
She? Karen Barbat seems to have attacked no one.
She is a victim too, she is forced to live with that man.
I didn't blame her for anything. I just thought that, she didn't play in Copenhagen this year, because her father was already banned from the tournament.
BUT I think 19 year old girls and their families could do something against/for this kind of psychodads. Should she just run away with her father after he beated another girl? Ok we don't know the circumstances, but their are interesting questions from Karen Barbat's side too.
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #77
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future

According to Karen, the way she experienced it (from the court while playing): there were a group of people cheering loudly for her opponent in the stands, causing distraction. When her dad tried to calm them down, they responded with venom, causing him to "react unfortunately".

source: http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1598547.ece

CAMELINE WOZNIACKI - THE BEST CAMELTOE ON THE FREE MARKET

Caroline Wozniacki :: Maria Sharapova :: Kim Clijsters
kman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #78
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFutureisNow View Post
-It was a grown man assaulting a young woman.
-There were multiple witnesses and the identity of the assailant is not in question.
-The police would have leverage- they could threaten to ban his daughter for life from tennis if he doesn't plead guilty to assault.
This happened once before at a tennis tournament in Germany with all of those items you mention, to an even greater degree...so I wouldn't be so sure about him getting exactly what he deserves.
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #79
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
According to Karen, the way she experienced it (from the court while playing): there were a group of people cheering loudly for her opponent in the stands, causing distraction. When her dad tried to calm them down, they responded with venom, causing him to "react unfortunately".

She would say that...
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #80
country flag deadparrot

deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post

And she claims her father was pushed by Tamaela before retaliating. But the article makes it clear that Karen's father was listening in on Karen's phone conversation with the journalist, so she may have felt the need to defend him regardless of what actually happened.

The phone conversation took place while the Barbats were fleeing towards the Danish-German border in their car, BTW
deadparrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #81
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

So the father knocked her out then put her on the drip he had handy?

Or was the drip attached at a later time?

Nothing surprises me anymore
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #82
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
And she claims her father was pushed by Tamaela before retaliating. But the article makes it clear that Karen's father was listening in on Karen's phone conversation with the journalist, so she may have felt the need to defend him regardless of what actually happened.

The phone conversation took place while the Barbats were fleeing towards the Danish-German border in their car, BTW
omg
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #83
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, how sick are they? Fleeing? Police isn't searching them?

Adrian. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #84
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
So the father knocked her out then put her on the drip he had handy?

Or was the drip attached at a later time?

Nothing surprises me anymore
The girl was found in the barn murdered by her parents.
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #85
country flag deadparrot

deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domachokeska View Post
OMG, how sick are they? Fleeing? Police isn't searching them?
I don't know, but Tamaela has officially pressed charges against Mihai Barbat, according to the Danish newspaper.
deadparrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #86
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 9th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #87
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

From an interview with Elise's mother, who was also in Versmold watching Harmsen:

Quote:
Tamaela sat in the stands to watch the match of her compatriot Danielle Harmsen against Karen Barbat. According to Tamaela's mother, the father of Harmsens opponent, Mihai Barbat, had been making racist remarks directed at her daughter: "The whole day he called her "black chickie" or something. When Elise said something about it, he gave her two hard blows to her temple. She was unconscious straight away and came back after five minutes. "

Then she went to the police station to report it. There she was advised to go to the hospital, where she spent the night at the guard. "Now it's okay with her," continued her mother. "It was wrong to walk away from the scene. That man is just a criminal."
http://www.omroepgelderland.nl/web/n...medium=twitter
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #88
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post

Bite my ass! A teenage woman pushing an adult man to start an altercation? Not in this world. It's painfully obvious Barbat is trying to defend her father. She's entitled to this, but I don't buy it whatsoever. I've just incurred a serious wrath towards Barbat and hope she'll crawl into whatever hole she came up from and stays there. Besides, an adult man punching a young woman, some hero god dammit. Utterly disgraceful, I hope they all burn down in flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
TIs that who woz was hoping to play Olmpics doubles with next year or awas that another Danish player?
That was Malou Ejdesgaard.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #89
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable. This is the worst of the tennis dads stories I have heard in a while. Hope he will be banned from all the stadiums together with his brat of a daughter.

The new generation looks worryingly awful.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #90
country flag A Magicman

A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute

God, I can't wait to enter the tour with my niece as a tennis uncle.

and a reminiscence to the past:
HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Hater of Ratwanska & Wozniacki
A Magicman is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote