US Open Doubles Results - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #151
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open Doubles Results

Thanks for the 1936 seeds AR-I added it
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #152
country flag DavidK

DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light DavidK is a glorious beacon of light

Some additional results from the first round in 1955 have been added - source is World Tennis, October p.82
DavidK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #153
country flag austinrunner

austinrunner has disabled reputation
Re: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Stewart View Post
Final
Casals/King [2] d. Durr/Stove [3] 7-6 7-6
This score of the 1974 US Open final is incorrect. The correct score was 7-6, 6-7, 6-4
austinrunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #154
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This score of the 1974 US Open final is incorrect. The correct score was 7-6, 6-7, 6-4
Tis fixed-thanks
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #155
country flag austinrunner

austinrunner has disabled reputation
Re: 1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Stewart View Post
Second Round
Moffitt/Susman [1] d. Buck/McKean 6-2 6-1
That was the team of Marjorie Gladman Van Ryn Buck (born 21 June 1908) and Katherine Winthrop McKean (born 17 July 1914). Has there ever been a women's doubles team with a combined age higher than theirs (108) in the main draw of the U.S. nationals? They were off-and-on partners at this tournament beginning in 1953 and ending in 1965. Gladman Van Ryn Buck played the tournament one more time, with Betty Rosenquest Pratt in 1967.

Gladman Van Ryn Buck won the U.S. nationals with Carolin Babcock in 1936. They beat the formidable team of Helen Jacobs and Sarah Palfrey Fabyan Cooke Danzig in the final 9-7, 2-6, 6-4. She also was the runner-up in 1937 (with Babcock) and 1940 (with Dorothy Bundy Cheney).

Tafadhali usijisumbue kugusa mwili wangu ulioza!

Last edited by austinrunner : Aug 7th, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
austinrunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #156
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Added AR's note from above-thanks