Which pro does your game compare most to? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 4th, 2011, 05:14 AM   #136
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which pro does your game compare most to?

I guess I'd be Wozniacki, I'm very good defensively and I have a good backhand. My serve is average and I still have to learn to attack more with my forehand. I come to the net occasionally, not that often. Also, I'm trying to get the backhand slice into my game, but still practicing on that
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #137
country flag theFutureisNow

theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumilover. View Post
Rezai. I copied all my strokes after hers
Me too.

In practice I can hit it hard and fairly accurate.

But then in a game I make all sorts of dumb errors.
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #138
country flag Ayumilover.

Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFutureisNow View Post
Me too.

In practice I can hit it hard and fairly accurate.

But then in a game I make all sorts of dumb errors.
Really? Exactly like hers?
I also hit really hard in both practice and games and usually it works out, but i do still make a lot of errors. I also copied her serve which is really uniquely flat. Do you do the bouncing short steps too before you are about to smash a ball?
Ayumilover. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 01:58 AM   #139
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

Who on earth would copy Rezai
Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 02:41 AM   #140
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still rocking the Ivanovic-Clijsters-Zvonareva mix. Serve (sans ball toss) of Ivanovic, forehand of Zvonareva, backhand of Clijsters, aggressive nature of Ana...toughness of Clijsters (on and off, lol).
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #141
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post
Don't "bash" Rezai or she'll do it right back. Imagine if she played squash or something where it was easier to hit the ball in.
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 04:49 AM   #142
country flag Ayumilover.

Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post
It got me to #3 singles spot for my high school team on varsity as a freshman

and tennis isn't even my top sport
Ayumilover. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #143
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

I try to be like schiavone. Slices, high balls, and trying to mix up the pace.
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #144
country flag cloudseed

cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice cloudseed is just really nice

My serve is like Sharapova's - big first serve with a terrible, unreliable, double-fault prone second serve. My ground strokes are very, very flat and hard with little variation.

My ground speed is probably like Serena's - lazy but I can run if I need to.

On-court personality is like Myskina's - extremely aggro and fiery at times. I will stare someone down and blame them. After I lose an easy point I usually stare at the umpire in disbelief.

Mental toughness is that of Chakvetadze - I crumble under pressure and will readily cry (inside at least)
cloudseed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #145
country flag theFutureisNow

theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumilover. View Post
Really? Exactly like hers?
I also hit really hard in both practice and games and usually it works out, but i do still make a lot of errors. I also copied her serve which is really uniquely flat. Do you do the bouncing short steps too before you are about to smash a ball?
It was sort of a joke, but my shots are similar. I am the anti-pusher.

No bouncing though.

I don't have much experience- hopefully I can cut down on errors with more play.
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #146
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot about how my game is, I've been out for 3 months

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 05:39 AM   #147
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Edberg. Mostly because I copied him slavishly growing up.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #148
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
I forgot about how my game is, I've been out for 3 months
Same here

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #149
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

My service motion is a lot like Zvonareva's, and I don't really know my game. Probably like Azarenka's/Li Na's? It's the false pretense that my game is based on aggressiveness when it is really based on getting balls back, feeding off of pace, and redirecting it. I usually win points that way. Sometimes, my ROS is explosive like Kvitova's...or so I'd like to think.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 07:47 AM   #150
country flag goat

goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future

I play like most Australian players because I've trained here so long.

Looping forehands, slightly flatter backhands, big serve, rarely try and volley unless I have the best approach. My backhand is stronger but my forehand is more consistent. Since starting uni and reducing my tennis commitments my fitness and muscle mass have dropped, once I used to scramble for the ball and try and force errors out of my opponent but now I am lazy and just slap...

essentially I am a bi-polar styled tennis player.