** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 192 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #2866
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

^That's probably why.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 16th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #2867
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I think she was refused IIRC, but that was before she was forced to pull out of Olympics and USO.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2868
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold

remember
Quote:
(Reuters) - Officials have rejected Maria Sharapova's request to carry the Russian flag at the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony.

"She wanted to be a flag-bearer (on August 8) but I advised against it," Russian tennis chief Shamil Tarpishchev told reporters on Wednesday.

"I don't want her to spend three or four hours in hot weather waiting to march in the opening ceremony. We want her to be fresh, not tired, during her matches."

World number two Sharapova has decided against living in the athletes village during the Games.

"She said she didn't want to stay in the Olympic village because it's very noisy there and she needed plenty of rest between matches," said Tarpishchev.

Sharapova will lead the Russian women's tennis team in China. She is joined by Svetlana Kuznetsova, Elena Dementieva and Dinara Safina, ranked number four, five and nine in the world respectively.

Tarpishchev said Dementieva, who won the silver medal at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, also turned down a chance to stay in the athletes village.

"That's not a problem for us and we will book a hotel room for them," he said. "The problem might be the traffic and transportation from the hotel to the tennis venue and back."

(Editing by Tony Jimenez)
link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...04521320080625

now i have my 4 favorites players
justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
cyannnnn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #2869
country flag The Norwegian

The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian

Tarpishchev for the next Bond Villain!
The Norwegian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #2870
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Masha's soring makes sense. Most of the others do too... but yeah not petko

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #2871
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they will let her do it this time.

Too bad she doesn't want to stay in the village, I feel like that's probably a great experience but I can completely understand why she doesn't want to.
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #2872
country flag The Norwegian

The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian

I like village people
The Norwegian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 02:46 AM   #2873
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

With the amount of privacy Maria needs, the village will definitely disturb the most.

She's not only a tennis player, she's a star.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 03:35 AM   #2874
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I almost forgot how tough the Russians were once in tennis. World No. 2, 4, 5 and 9 in the olympic games sure is something.
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #2875
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
With the amount of privacy Maria needs, the village will definitely disturb the most.

She's not only a tennis player, she's a star.
Yes, I can't picture Maria staying at the village. The paparazzis won't give her a moment of peace.

Last edited by 18majors : Jul 17th, 2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #2876
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Dementieva didn't stay in the village in 2008 either and she won. So it's surely a good decision if Maria doesn't stay there.

Anyway as of now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed as much as possible that Maria is able to play this time.
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #2877
Break My Rapture
Heaux

@AnnaK_4ever kind of BOMBSHELL! Sharapova & @TursunovTales may team up for OG MXD. Kuz wants to play with Mitya too.

I thought Maria said she wanted to play with Kirilenko in WD? Maria should play with Marat damnit!
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #2878
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Sharapova, Singles, Doubles & Mixed Doubles Olympic Gold Medalist?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #2879
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Mixed Doubles with Dmitry though, she so sucks as a doubles player still glad to see her that pumped and excited about the Olympics
Off topic, AnnaK_4ever is deeply missed on TF
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #2880
country flag 18majors

Kirilenko doubles would be great to watch.
Closed Thread