** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 187 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 03:18 AM   #2791
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
It doesn't now and it never did. That statement is simply not true. I know you have the ability to look it up...
Serena, Justine, Maria, Amelie, Venus, Lindsay... they were always among the faves for every tournament they entered at their prime.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 06:29 AM   #2792
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Serena, Justine, Maria, Amelie, Venus, Lindsay... they were always among the faves for every tournament they entered at their prime.
Those you mentioned were nearly always among the favorites at every tournament, I completely agree. They were favorites though regardless of being the #1 Ranked player. In fact those players were not usually the #1 Ranked player when they were the favorites! For example, Serenka was considered the favorite at 2011 W with a ranking of 320!

So you can pontificate all you want about the #1 Ranked player but the WTA has not changed its definition: the #1 Ranked player is the one with the most points in her "best 16 tournaments" over a rolling 52 week period. That's the definition. That's it. That's all it means.

One little thing: a player's best 16 tournaments, for top 10, must include:

The Majors
The Premiere Mandatories
Two best Premier 5's

I know having the actual information about a thing or issue can be inconvenient. Facts just mess up otherwise brilliant one liners and devastating propaganda initiatives. It is seen everyday and it's an extremely serious problem for our fact-challenged politicians in the USA.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM   #2793

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
Those you mentioned were nearly always among the favorites at every tournament, I completely agree. They were favorites though regardless of being the #1 Ranked player. In fact those players were not usually the #1 Ranked player when they were the favorites! For example, Serenka was considered the favorite at 2011 W with a ranking of 320!

So you can pontificate all you want about the #1 Ranked player but the WTA has not changed its definition: the #1 Ranked player is the one with the most points in her "best 16 tournaments" over a rolling 52 week period. That's the definition. That's it. That's all it means.

One little thing: a player's best 16 tournaments, for top 10, must include:

The Majors
The Premiere Mandatories
Two best Premier 5's

I know having the actual information about a thing or issue can be inconvenient. Facts just mess up otherwise brilliant one liners and devastating propaganda initiatives. It is seen everyday and it's an extremely serious problem for our fact-challenged politicians in the USA.

Not to the general public / casual tennis fan, though.

They think a No.1 is someone like Fed / Rafa or now Nole who's winning shit (incl. slams) left, right and center.
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:21 PM   #2794
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

I don't mind Maria getting back her No. 1 ranking but I'd be thrilled if she wins US Open or any other slams.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:09 PM   #2795
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

IF, that's a bit IF, she's aiming at returning to Number 1, 2012 February will be the time for her provided that she will need to do well in Australia and then Middle East.

The ranking will take care of itself if the results are great. What I hope now is Maria returning to Top Four prior to US Open. She just needs another tough training regime and matches to build up the momentum and I am starting to feel that she believes she can do better.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM   #2796
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
IF, that's a bit IF, she's aiming at returning to Number 1, 2012 February will be the time for her provided that she will need to do well in Australia and then Middle East.

The ranking will take care of itself if the results are great. What I hope now is Maria returning to Top Four prior to US Open. She just needs another tough training regime and matches to build up the momentum and I am starting to feel that she believes she can do better.
Yup the rankings are already working out with these good results- she's round about where she should be given her results. All I'm keen for is hopefully a top 4 seeding in the USO so she can own a quarter, but again not too fussed because the top 8 is wonky. Its doable if she stay healthy during the USO series and can play her 3 scheduled tourneys.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM   #2797
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Yup the rankings are already working out with these good results- she's round about where she should be given her results. All I'm keen for is hopefully a top 4 seeding in the USO so she can own a quarter, but again not too fussed because the top 8 is wonky. Its doable if she stay healthy during the USO series and can play her 3 scheduled tourneys.
I think physically she can handle it. She managed to play back to back tournaments in March after her illness. So she can do better for the three tournaments given that her ranking now allows more byes.
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM   #2798
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

If she made deep i.e. final runs in the 2 first tourneys (I think thats Stanford and Toronto), do you reckon she'd play Cincinnati given she wasn't injured?

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM   #2799
country flag goldlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
If she made deep i.e. final runs in the 2 first tourneys (I think thats Stanford and Toronto), do you reckon she'd play Cincinnati given she wasn't injured?
I actually think she would because as one of the top seeds, she enjoys byes in first rounds which gives her more rest. So it sounds reasonable to me. My hope is that she wins Stanford and Toronto, and a deep run in Cincinnati. But they're all different courts: Stanford seems to be the fastest among them all while Toronto is kinda the slowest in comparison. Cincinnati is more like USO court speed.

But I just hope this year's open won't be windy as last year's.
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM   #2800
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
I actually think she would because as one of the top seeds, she enjoys byes in first rounds which gives her more rest. So it sounds reasonable to me. My hope is that she wins Stanford and Toronto, and a deep run in Cincinnati. But they're all different courts: Stanford seems to be the fastest among them all while Toronto is kinda the slowest in comparison. Cincinnati is more like USO court speed.

But I just hope this year's open won't be windy as last year's.
It better not be. It was windy like the entire fortnight in NY last year, much like RG this year.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #2801
country flag lylux
Lyluxpova

lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of

Maria Sharapova To Buy £10,000 House In Burnley, Lancashire

Beaten Wimbledon Ladies Singles finalist, Maria Sharapova has been outed as the mystery buyer of a £10,000 terraced house, on Pritchard Street, in Burnley, Lancashire.

It is an established fact that Maria Sharapova has a massive fan base in the Lancashire mill town, and that she wanted to buy a retreat for herself, where she can relax and be among friends.

The property, listed as being possibly the UK's cheapest house, by no less an authority on such matters than The Daily Mail is in need of extensive renovation and refurbishment, but it is within easy walking distance of Scott Park, which conveniently has some tennis courts.

Locals in the BNP biased town welcomed the prospect of Miss Sharapova moving to Burnley, even though she is Russian.

"At least she's not from Pakistan," one local halfwit remarked.

Sources close to Miss Sharapova today revealed that she plans to extend the modest terraced dwelling by constructing a £6 million underground complex underneath it.

"She's going to have an underground ballroom with chandeliers and that," one local explained. "Apparently she's been emailing some idiot down south called Martin Shuttlecock, and he's going to draw up the plans with a pencil, on the back of a fag packet. Seems he's a leading authority on underground extensions, and we think it'll help promote the town in a more positive light."

However, local BNP councillor, Ted Slocombe stated that he had reservations about Miss Sharapova moving to the town, but said that he thinks he can overcome his prejudices on account of Maria Sharapova being white, blonde, and in his own words: "Fit as a butcher's dog, and well worth pinning a tail on."*

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s1i97901

Last edited by lylux : Jul 5th, 2011 at 07:08 PM.
lylux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #2802
country flag s teddy

s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold

The underground complex is probably a missile silo from which she will nuke the Czech Republic.

Last edited by s teddy : Jul 4th, 2011 at 11:04 PM.
s teddy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #2803

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylux View Post
Maria Sharapova To Buy £10,000 House In Burnley, Lancashire

Beaten Wimbledon Ladies Singles finalist, Maria Sharapova has been outed as the mystery buyer of a £10,000 terraced house, on Pritchard Street, in Burnley, Lancashire.

It is an established fact that Maria Sharapova has a massive fan base in the Lancashire mill town, and that she wanted to buy a retreat for herself, where she can relax and be among friends.

The property, listed as being possibly the UK's cheapest house, by no less an authority on such matters than The Daily Mail is in need of extensive renovation and refurbishment, but it is within easy walking distance of Scott Park, which conveniently has some tennis courts.

Locals in the BNP biased town welcomed the prospect of Miss Sharapova moving to Burnley, even though she is Russian.

"At least she's not from Pakistan," one local halfwit remarked.

Sources close to Miss Sharapova today revealed that she plans to extend the modest terraced dwelling by constructing a £6 million underground complex underneath it.

"She's going to have an underground ballroom with chandeliers and that," one local explained. "Apparently she's been emailing some idiot down south called Martin Shuttlecock, and he's going to draw up the plans with a pencil, on the back of a fag packet. Seems he's a leading authority on underground extensions, and we think it'll help promote the town in a more positive light."

However, local BNP councillor, Ted Slocombe stated that he had reservations about Miss Sharapova moving to the town, but said that he thinks he can overcome his prejudices on account of Maria Sharapova being white, blonde, and in his own words: "Fit as a butcher's dog, and well worth pinning a tail on."*

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...15399&page=187

Old Jul 4th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #2804
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

I thought this search site seemed to have a lot of stories. On the bottom of the second page, was this June 16th article...I do not remember seeing it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...s-2297889.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/search/...Expr=sharapova
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #2805
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's from a "spoof" news website.

Last edited by MaitaBaby : Jul 5th, 2011 at 12:48 AM.
MaitaBaby is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread