** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 186 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM   #2776
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

I am by no way Wozniacki's fan, but what was written there is pathetic. The whole article is pathetic tbh... Kournikova? Didn't she show them already she is no Kournikova?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM   #2777
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of Wozniacki but that line was so, so harsh. God.
Mrs. Dimitrova is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM   #2778
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

I hate how they paint Maria as the great, white, commercial, AMERICAN, hope of tennis. They act as if anyone else are non-motherf*cking-factors compared to Maria and her endorsement portfolio.
Horrendous article. Absolutely pathetic.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:59 AM   #2779
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
^ A 1# player on WTA needs to be the favorite in every slam she enters right, or one of the three main contenders? When was Caroline considered as the favorite to win a slam since she's been 1# ?
Why, Miloti? The #1 Ranked player is the one who has earned the most points on court playing tennis in her 16 best tournaments over a rolling 52 week period. That's it. That's all it means. It doesn't imply anything about any particular tournament!

Your strawman argument dies on the definition of the WTA Ranking System. See the Official Rules on the WTA Site.

There is no requirement in the Official WTA Rules Ranking System explanation that mentions any requirement for the #1 Ranked player in regards to Major tournaments, not winning them, not being a favorite to win them or even playing them! (Not playing a Major yields zero points for one of the "Best 16" tournaments.

However, I would like to add that being the #1 ranked player without winning a Major is an extraordinary achievement given the 2000 points for winning one. But Woz has done it! Give her the credit she earned through amazing performance rather than ridiculing superb effort because she doesn't meet some imagined non-existent standard. You are sounding like Serenka with her "True #1" crap.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:05 AM   #2780
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

^ I'm not sure what you mean really. I dislike Wozniacki, and thats why I don't give her credit at all for her 1# rank , she's not a worthy 1# player until she wins a slam. She's been entering the most tournaments from all players and thats why she is 1# .

Her style of play leaves a lot to desire, and I know it's not her fault that she is 1# but she has to change her style of play to win a slam, cause in the end she'll end up just like Jankovic or Safina .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM   #2781
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^ I'm not sure what you mean really. I dislike Wozniacki, and thats why I don't give her credit at all for her 1# rank , she's not a worthy 1# player until she wins a slam. She's been entering the most tournaments from all players and thats why she is 1# .

Her style of play leaves a lot to desire, and I know it's not her fault that she is 1# but she has to change her style of play to win a slam, cause in the end she'll end up just like Jankovic or Safina .
That is a giant load of crap! Being the #1 Ranked player has nothing to do with winning a Major. That's why I tried to explain to you what the #1 Rank means. I think you need to understand that before you spout off about it anymore and continue making ignorant and foolish statements.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter how many tournaments Woz plays, only her "16 best" tournaments count in her ranking. If she plays 30 tournaments, the results of 14 of them don't count in her ranking.

She is not #1 Ranked because of the number of tournaments she plays. She's #1 Ranked because her 16 best tournaments yield the highest number of points of any other player. Actually, right now she is about 2500 points ahead of #2 Ranked Kim!

Finally, it doesn't matter whether or not you like Woz, her style of play or her eventual career resume. What matters is being informed, truthful and honest about what you post. You haven't been on this subject.

If you want to continue to post this sort of inaccurate, foolish, silly and denigrating propaganda against the current #1 ranked player, I suggest you go the Serenka's forum where you will get lots of support for your studied ignorance about the issue because I will call you out on it every time I notice it here.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:10 PM   #2782
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Caro is the No.1 ranked player.
In the past being the #1 meant that you were the favorite for any tournament you entered. Including Grand Slams. Caro is not.
However, you cannot deny the success she had over the past 52 months. She won 2 Premier Mandatory titles and 3 Premier 5 titles, beating a crop of top players along the way.
Of course you could argue that Caro likely wouldn't sit atop of the rankings if Serena and Kim hadn't gotten injured, but it is what it is and we all have to deal.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:15 PM   #2783
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

^Players who play more than 16 tournaments a year has the advantages because their best results will be used for the rankings.

Players who play 16 tournaments or less don't have the options.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM   #2784
country flag s teddy

s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold

That part of the article certainly was a bit cruel, but I think you're taking it out of context. I think he was trying to show the perspective of a casual American sports fan. Since Wozniacki is the No. 1 in the world and hasn't won anything important, she isn't seen as a star. Most Americans aren't going to watch women's tennis unless it involves a star whose name they recognize. The part about Wozniacki's "being a loser" was unnecessary, but I don't think he was trying to pick on her.
s teddy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM   #2785

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
That is a giant load of crap! Being the #1 Ranked player has nothing to do with winning a Major. That's why I tried to explain to you what the #1 Rank means. I think you need to understand that before you spout off about it anymore and continue making ignorant and foolish statements.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter how many tournaments Woz plays, only her "16 best" tournaments count in her ranking. If she plays 30 tournaments, the results of 14 of them don't count in her ranking.

She is not #1 Ranked because of the number of tournaments she plays. She's #1 Ranked because her 16 best tournaments yield the highest number of points of any other player. Actually, right now she is about 2500 points ahead of #2 Ranked Kim!

Finally, it doesn't matter whether or not you like Woz, her style of play or her eventual career resume. What matters is being informed, truthful and honest about what you post. You haven't been on this subject.

If you want to continue to post this sort of inaccurate, foolish, silly and denigrating propaganda against the current #1 ranked player, I suggest you go the Serenka's forum where you will get lots of support for your studied ignorance about the issue because I will call you out on it every time I notice it here.
It's ok. I have my own opinion, and when I say that I don't consider Caroline as a worthy 1# I say it based on my opinion, and not on some stupid WTA rules .

And I am truthful and honest when I say that Caroline is not a worthy 1# as far as my opinion is concerned. She is selfish, she does the impossible to retain her ranking playing tons of tournaments, and then being beaten heavily in Slams by other players.

I respected Safina a lot more than Caro, only because she was up there, fighting with the best in Tennis, not playing shitty tournaments, and beating good players to get that ranking.

You can call me out anytime, its ok. My opinion will never change about her, she is a spoiled brat, pushing her way up to the top, making the impossible to be popular and liked, caring too much about other people think about her(Not like our Maria, many think she's a bitch, she's not gonna get a kangaroo in her press conference to try and be funny )
, and she's not a champion. Deal with it .
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:40 PM   #2786
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Caro is the No.1 ranked player.
In the past being the #1 meant that you were the favorite for any tournament you entered. Including Grand Slams. Caro is not.
However, you cannot deny the success she had over the past 52 months. She won 2 Premier Mandatory titles and 3 Premier 5 titles, beating a crop of top players along the way.
Of course you could argue that Caro likely wouldn't sit atop of the rankings if Serena and Kim hadn't gotten injured, but it is what it is and we all have to deal.
It doesn't now and it never did. That statement is simply not true. I know you have the ability to look it up...
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM   #2787
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
^Players who play more than 16 tournaments a year has the advantages because their best results will be used for the rankings.

Players who play 16 tournaments or less don't have the options.
All players set their own schedules. I can't remember the last time Pova played 16 tournaments. Probably not since the early years.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM   #2788
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
It's ok. I have my own opinion, and when I say that I don't consider Caroline as a worthy 1# I say it based on my opinion, and not on some stupid WTA rules .

And I am truthful and honest when I say that Caroline is not a worthy 1# as far as my opinion is concerned. She is selfish, she does the impossible to retain her ranking playing tons of tournaments, and then being beaten heavily in Slams by other players.

I respected Safina a lot more than Caro, only because she was up there, fighting with the best in Tennis, not playing shitty tournaments, and beating good players to get that ranking.

You can call me out anytime, its ok. My opinion will never change about her, she is a spoiled brat, pushing her way up to the top, making the impossible to be popular and liked, caring too much about other people think about her(Not like our Maria, many think she's a bitch, she's not gonna get a kangaroo in her press conference to try and be funny )
, and she's not a champion. Deal with it .
Just be sure to state it's you personal opinion, that clears up the discrepancy with the truth.

You are entitled to your personal opinion, regardless of it's factual basis.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM   #2789

Quote:
It doesn't now and it never did. That statement is simply not true. I know you have the ability to look it up...
, Yeah right. All the top players or 1# player at a slam was expected to go deep in it, or even win it .
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:28 PM   #2790
country flag pokey camp

pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute pokey camp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, it wasn't well said about Woz.

It was mean hearted, ignorant and cruel. Perhaps the author needs a little education on how the Ranking system works and what it means. Perhaps he needs to learn how to market Women's Tennis. Perhaps he needs to learn how to do research for his articles. It's clear he needs to learn how to be respectful.

I totally disagree with the author's pontification on things he knows nothing about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter. View Post
Wow. I can't believe a grown up thinks it's justifyable to talk like that. I admit I dislike Woz but that was flat-out arrogant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
The Fail is strong in that article.

As a Wozniacki fan I'll admit to bias but I think the harshness is less about her Grand Slam results and more about being butthurt about her success coming at the expense of Americans. Whens she became number one she was replacing Serena. And don't forget she was the one who popped the Oudin Beleive bubble at the 2009 US Open.

And I don't give a fuck what this guy thinks of Maria's resurgance being good for women's tennis. I still remember how almost two years ago when Maria lost to Melanie, to the American press she became just another Russian. And now I'm hearing Ted Robinson and company trying to make the age old "She's not really Russian!" argument again during her semifinal. What a bunch of phonies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
I am by no way Wozniacki's fan, but what was written there is pathetic. The whole article is pathetic tbh... Kournikova? Didn't she show them already she is no Kournikova?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
I hate how they paint Maria as the great, white, commercial, AMERICAN, hope of tennis. They act as if anyone else are non-motherf*cking-factors compared to Maria and her endorsement portfolio.
Horrendous article. Absolutely pathetic.
ITA, but at the same time, I really believe that guy represents the POV of a lot of "casual fans" here in the US. That's what I meant when I said it was annoying, even if somewhat true. If you're not a winner, then you're a LOSER, LOSER, LOSER!!!! Simple as. And if you're not American, you'd better speak perfect English or you don't matter. He doesn't know a thing about tennis, that much is obvious, but neither does the average "casual fan." They care about who moves the needle, has the commercials, etc. There's a reason why tennis has dropped in popularity so much over the last decade here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s teddy View Post
That part of the article certainly was a bit cruel, but I think you're taking it out of context. I think he was trying to show the perspective of a casual American sports fan. Since Wozniacki is the No. 1 in the world and hasn't won anything important, she isn't seen as a star. Most Americans aren't going to watch women's tennis unless it involves a star whose name they recognize. The part about Wozniacki's "being a loser" was unnecessary, but I don't think he was trying to pick on her.
This. Turn on sports talk radio, or watch a non-tennis sports show (like PTI) when they talk about tennis and that's exactly the kind of stuff you'll hear.
pokey camp is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread