Romania to finally host a WTA event in 2014? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM   #16
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future
Re: WTA event in Romania??

BCR Bank stopped sponsoring the men's event (starting this year BRD Bank will be the new sponsor), and will focus only on women tennis. This mean we might see a Premier tournament next year (or in the near future) in Romania...

The 100k+H tournament will be played at Herastrau Park Tennis Acadamy were a 2k temporary arena will be erected, but the WTA event could be played at BNR Arena. Halep, Begu, Olaru and E. Bogdan already announced their participation. website -> http://www.bcropen.ro/ro/
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #17
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Gojnea also confirmed her participation!
Sorana is likely to do so according to Meelis in her thread!
Also Dokic who is defending her title there will probably show up!
The organizers reckon with 5-6 Top 100 players
The wild cards will go exclusively to Romanian players, Olaru will receive one of the 4 main draw wildcards.

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...ladies-8417783
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #18
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Gojnea also confirmed her participation!
Sorana is likely to do so according to Meelis in her thread!
Also Dokic who is defending her title there will probably show up!
The organizers reckon with 5-6 Top 100 players
List is out. Zakopalova and Larsson are top foreign players. No Dokic though.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #19
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Romanian press

Klara will be top seed, though!
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 07:04 PM   #20
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

11 top 100 players at this point. Not bad.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:20 AM   #21
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Some will play Petange for sure.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:01 PM   #22
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Some will play Petange for sure.
?????
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #23
country flag javier_saviola

javier_saviola is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I want to go see the matches of this tournament, it will be very interesting with lots of Romanian players participating here. I see on the official website that Halep, Begu, Cirstea, Gojnea, Cadantu and Ungur are already in the MD and Olaru, E. Bogdan, Enache, Dabija, Laura Andrei in the Qualies.

I noticed on the official website that the organizers will also give 4 MDWCs and 6 Qualy WCs, all to Romanians (as they state). Do you have any idea when the WCs will be announced and what players should get them ???
javier_saviola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #24
country flag Curcubeu

I don't know and as far as I'm concerned the organizers haven't announced them yet, but I'm 1000% sure that Olaru will receive a main draw wildcard, though it would be better for her to play qualis...

If they only award wildcards to Romanian players, it would make sense to give them to the 3 following highest ranked Romanian players Bogdan, Enache and Dabija, but we will see...

I'm already excited about the event!
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #25
country flag javier_saviola

javier_saviola is an unknown quantity at this point

Olaru will certainely receive a MDWC... and I agree with you, it would be normal that the rest 3 WCs to be awarded to the highest ranked players who couldn't make it to the WC.

What about the Qualies WCs? Is there any chance that some talented Romanian young players to get the 6 spots? If not, who would get them ???
javier_saviola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #26
country flag Curcubeu

Pous-Tio and Martic also confirmed their participation in the tournament:

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...58363#comments

Suarez-Navarro and Krajicek are also mentioned.
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #27
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Olaru will probably get in MD without a WC

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #28
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Olaru will probably get in MD without a WC
Yeah, she is and can serve as a walking bye

The full entry list:

Quote:
1 HALEP, Simona ROU 58 1
2 BEGU, Irina-Camelia ROU 78 1
3 CIRSTEA, Sorana ROU 86 1
4 POUS-TIO, Laura ESP 90 1
5 MARTIC, Petra CRO 98 1
6 SUAREZ NAVARRO, Carla ESP 119 1
7 CAMERIN, Maria-Elena ITA 120 1
8 VORACOVA, Renata CZE 128 1
9 SOLER-ESPINOSA, Silvia ESP 140 1
10 DENTONI, Corinna ITA 145 1
11 VOEGELE, Stefanie SUI 152 1
12 KRAJICEK, Michaella NED 155 2
13 FLORIS, Anna ITA 157 2
14 SEMA, Erika JPN 158 1
15 GOJNEA, Madalina ROU 160 1
16 CADANTU, Alexandra ROU 167 1
17 THORPE, Laura FRA 172 1
18 BERTENS, Kiki NED 179 1
19 ZEC-PESKIRIC, Masa SLO 181 1
20 UNGUR, Liana-Gabriela ROU 183 1
21 OLARU, Iona-Raluca ROU 184 1
22 KOSTOVA, Elitsa BUL 186 1
Bogdan is first in qualifying and will probably get a WC.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #29
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Bogdan will be in directly, once the special exempt places are cleared.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #30
country flag Curcubeu

Ah, didn't notice that

By the way, any news about TV or live stream coverage?