Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #61
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

all good till you named Kuznetsova
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #62
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

Ok, well, in honour of your taste, she's gone. Check amended text!
chmath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #63
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

anyone knows the film "The Fly" with Jeff Goldblum? He had such an amazing apparat that combined him with a fly. I suggest shut Kvitova and Wozniacki in it. The result could be a curled tennis monster.

Old Jun 30th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #64
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

^ One of my favourite films of all time. And yes, the result would be...indescribable Wily!
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #65
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

that pic is disgusting
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #66
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, I didn't realize til now that you hate ballbashers that much. For me it depends on the player, some ballbashers can be quite interesting to watch especially if their shots are mostly landing in. When it's not then it can be a complete horror show.

And yes it's good that you removed Kuznetsova. She's one of those guilty of playing dreadful brainless tennis.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #67
country flag chmath

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
Chris, I didn't realize til now that you hate ballbashers that much. For me it depends on the player, some ballbashers can be quite interesting to watch especially if their shots are mostly landing in. When it's not then it can be a complete horror show.

And yes it's good that you removed Kuznetsova. She's one of those guilty of playing dreadful brainless tennis.
I agree Karla. There are bashers and bashers. Na Li I have ALL the time in the world for. Pavlyuchenkova and Hantuchova too. Even Azarenka. But Kvitova doesn't do it for me, neither does Lisicki. Masha I support just 'cause she's put in sooo much work to come back. And hard work ought to be rewarded. Kvitova won fair and square today, Vika choked (I expected the opposite to happen), but the final on Saturday, seriously, could be a 45 minute affair either way. And if Masha doesn't serve and Kvitty doesn't seriously choke, she could get absolutely blown off the court. But the odds reflect the inadvertent reality of this tournament (and women's tennis in general): it's a choke fest. Cause, on form, Maria should NOT be 1/2 against...
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #68
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SUCKETTA View Post
that pic is disgusting
same tennis monster, some make-up :

Old Jun 30th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #69
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

^Crazy-eyes Fed. US Open '07 or '08 I think.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #70
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmath View Post
^ It is so! Very very proud of you for using it Karla! (MASSIVE SMOOCH, no graphic available for that).

My dear fellows, allow me to digress:

Two-three years back, I had the misfortune of watching the "epic" Williams-Safina final, which was nothing short of a beat-down. At the time, I thought to myself, 'women's tennis is going nowhere, how sad".

Today, after the second so-called semi-final, two things occurred to me:

1) Flavia CAN win a grand-slam in whatever time she has left
2) Women's tennis truly is going NOWHERE.

The tournament favourite (aka as Masha) can win in straight sets having gifted her opponent a grand total of 3+ games in double faults alone. The number of rallies featuring 3 strokes or less is 42 (most of them comprising DFs or UE on return) and the so-called 'favourite' is due to face an opponent who, unless she chokes on the occasion, should basically trounce her with a handicap of 3 games in hand (there is NO WAY Masha's DF count will be less than 10 in the final).

And the grand opposition to the favourite is a girl who can basically bash a ball on grass (and nowhere else), whilst the rest of the field has managed to fall to each other in VERY bizarre circumstances.

At the same time, the world #1 can lose to a girl who is an inch above 5 foot, and who musters a total of 2 games against the world's no.7 or whatever Masha is. So basically, on form, she is about as duff a world #1 as has ever been seen, probably even more 'duff' than Safina (who at least got trounced in finals and not QFs).

As for the new breed of tennis player? I beg someone to point out where the future is? Heather Watson? (I'm being serious, too...). Ksenia Pervak? Who or what is it? Petra Kvitova? At least she can hit 30+ winners in a game, if that what it is, then that's what it is. But it is ANYTHING but exciting or interesting to watch.

So, in summary, may the Lord protect the Pennettas and Schiavones of this world, as well as any other lass who seeks to rally from the baseline, for as long as He sees fit, so at least we can have some hope of watching something called 'tennis', at least what I know and try to play as a sport....
i kinda really agree with you about everything...most of all about the qulity of the tennis which is being showed by the youngers

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM   #71
country flag wiwa

^ it's Bolletieries fault
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 11:57 AM   #72

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

i do really think so...SF line up included no players who can actually play a dropshot or even use a decent slice to not name the volleying skills

Old Jul 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM   #73
FORZA SARITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
i do really think so...SF line up included no players who can actually play a dropshot or even use a decent slice to not name the volleying skills
like except Fran there's someone else able to do it in top10
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM   #74
country flag wiwa

^ Lisicki (sorry ) tried 2 times to disarm Masha's cannonballs with a slice. Both times it went 1 meter below the net. At least she had figured it out tactically, that's a good sign. I hope she will work on it. She played dropshots too, preceeded by a deep topspin forehand close to the line. I don't dare speak of variety yet

Lisicki IMHO lacks a personality so far. You her it when she speaks German. It's all about fishing for encouragement, like a little girl.

And, guys, the Fabulous Flavia Forum is very special and full of personality. I can't say the same about the Lisicki forum, yet.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM   #75

well i think it's because of the great personality of flavia