** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 180 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #2686
country flag WTAtennisfan15

WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future WTAtennisfan15 has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

^^"When I was injured, I did many things. I worked on many projects, I spent holidays with friends and family. But at the end of the day, those didn't mean anything compared to what it means to win tennis matches."

that's a strong statement...
WTAtennisfan15 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #2687
country flag Jacey

Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
It's nice to know Darren Cahill picked Maria. He knows tennis.

whoa...isn't he semi-coaching Ana, its good to know that he can be very objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
Wow! ESPN giving shine to Pova. That's remarkable!

If Pova does win W, I will be curious to see if the WTA can get over it's years long grudge against her...
WTA has a grudge against Masha
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #2688
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTAtennisfan15 View Post
^^"When I was injured, I did many things. I worked on many projects, I spent holidays with friends and family. But at the end of the day, those didn't mean anything compared to what it means to win tennis matches."

that's a strong statement...
That's why I like her and wish her the best on tennis courts!
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #2689
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
You know, I didn't like it that she was considered the favorite by many during Roland Garros, it added unnecessary pressure.

However, here at Wimbledon I don't mind. After all, she did make the Roland Garros SF, is now a solid top ten player again and won the title before. Not to mention that both Williams sisters are playing and most people would wisely still count on one of them to lift the trophy, and not Maria.

It shouldn't be seen as a jinx this time around, but more like a compliment that she is considered again after most of her recent Slam results.
This. I'm sure her confidence is pretty up there, especially since it's hardly windy a SW19.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #2690
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Cahill is a coach with a long successful history. He is a very good coach and yes, he is capable of being objective, except when it comes to Murray.
And whoa... we are running quite fast... I am afraid of this. People picking Masha left and right for the victory, I get my hopes up too much. I am gonna be very very very disappointed if it doesn't happen. Experts, bookies, whoever, stop it. Let me be sane and calm and take it step by step.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #2691
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacey View Post
WTA has a grudge against Masha
It may have been 2008, thereabouts anyway, The WTA wanted Pova to spend the Saturday before W, I am pretty sure it was W but it could have been RG, in a promotional shoot for their "Hero" campaign, the one with the phone calls... Pova had a hissie fit about it saying she just didn't do day-long photoshoots or promotional work or parties or anything but tennis preparation the Saturday before a Major. They eventually compromised on an hour and Pova's part was sitting in the back seat of a car placing a phone call...

Before that, Pova was the WTA Poster Girl, her pics all over the site, stories about her accomplishments featured prominently, etc and so forth. Since then, the WTA has given minimal exposure to Pova: including her results in articles about other players, showing pics of her opponents in articles about her matches. Stuff like that. This was somewhat covered up by Pova's shoulder injury escapade, her resultant absence and lackluster performances in 2009 and 2010.

But even this year with her steady climb in the rankings and some very good results, Pova get a lot more shade than shine from the WTA. Can they keep that up if she wins W?
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #2692
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

^Do you think it might also have something to do with the fact that WTA is WTA and is no longer SEWTA. As you know, Maria is Sony Ericsson's biggest star.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #2693
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Just another article on Maria being the favorite

Quote:
Josh’s Championship: (5) Maria Sharapova (RUS) over (23) Venus Williams (USA). Sharapova’s serve is the biggest concern coming into the tournament, but if she can harness it like she did at the French Open, the sky’s the limit for the 2004 champ. Venus has not played since January, so (lack of) conditioning will definitely play a significant role in her attempt to win a sixth Wimbledon title. After winning the Rome Masters a month ago, and most recently reaching the semis at the French Open, Maria’s game has been in cruise control and she has a ton of momentum at her back, which most of the other players in the field don’t. She is also playing with a swagger and overall sense of confidence that resembles the Maria of old.

Tyrone’s Championship: (5) Maria Sharapova (RUS) over (25) Daniela Hantuchova (SVK). Not playing one grass-court match before Wimbledon starts has me at odds whether the 2004 Golden Girl in London can win. However, Sharapova’s confidence is back and she would like nothing more than to take a shower when the Slam is over, with her second All England Champion’s Trophy. While the Internet would go crazy for such viral video, the Russian despite pulling out of the AEGON Classic in Birmingham is still one of the favorites at the third Major of the year. Missing her annual Wimbledon tune-up has certainly made news in whether she can flip the dial without any match play on her favorite surface. Give Maria a few matches to soak her feet on the green grass as resting her shoulder will prove to be the right move against a watered down field. Denmark's (1) Caroline Wozniacki, who has never won a Major, could await for a berth in the semifinals.
http://sportschatplace.com/tennis/jo...s-and-preview/
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #2694
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that photoshoot drama was during Rome or something. Anyway, it was one hell of a drama. Maria even posted a poll on her website asking her fans what she should do about it. Well most her fans mostly voted for the poll option that would benefit her anyway.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #2695
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

The WTA still gives plenty of exposure to Masha. She's front and center most of the time. She just doesn't attend every function unlike players like The WoZZZzz who will not miss a red/ blue/ green/ no-carpet event.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #2696
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

That was gutsy and I remembered she mentioned something like she 'talked' to some players about it and she initiated the boycott.

Had the person not been Sharapova, WTA wouldn't give a shit. But apparently she's one of the rare stars to keep on tour.

They don't have to please her, but simply can't force her to do anything more.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #2697
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
The WTA still gives plenty of exposure to Masha. She's front and center most of the time. She just doesn't attend every function unlike players like The WoZZZzz who will not miss a red/ blue/ green/ no-carpet event.
I was thinking that top ranked player has some obligations.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #2698
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. What has the tour missed when they're not playing? It's not just a matter of them doing well on grass. They've been gone for a year basically. What does the tour lack when the Williams sisters aren't on the tour?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uhm, I think it's the matchups, the real matches that the people look forward to. They expect to see great tennis. You know, there's a point in time where I played Serena a few times in a row; it almost created a rivalry. It's more about the tougher matches, the ones people really look forward to.
Good point, I didn't really think of this. The marquee match ups are another reason its awesome they're back.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 06:25 AM   #2699
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold

after sasha now maria

Quote:
maria sharapova visits kcs
Tennis star Maria Sharapova dropped into King’s for a flying visit last week prior to Wimbledon fortnight. Winner of no fewer than 3 Grand Slam titles, Sharapova is vying with Serena Williams to be the bookies favourite in this year’s championships, but still found time to pause her training schedule to visit the school. She is photographed here with Jack O’Shea, one of KCS’s own tennis champions

http://www.kcs.org.uk/node/2302

now i have my 4 favorites players
justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
cyannnnn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 06:29 AM   #2700
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Did she go with Sasha? He went to the same place to play basketball with the kids or something. Anyway, that is kid is TALL. He's just as tall as Maria, I hope she wasn't wearing heels.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread