** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 179 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #2671
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

It would be wonderful if Maria gets her sweetest victory in a fortnight!
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #2672
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Maria I feel like a dork for saying this, but I love her so much. I hope she does indeed add to that bank of happy memories.
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #2673
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
Maria I feel like a dork for saying this, but I love her so much. I hope she does indeed add to that bank of happy memories.
Related to DORK
Synonyms: bookworm, dink [slang], nerd [slang], geek, grind, swot [British], weenie, wonk

Swot? Even when they are dorks, the british have to be pretentious about it.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #2674
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Steve Tignor of Tennis.com picked Maria:

Semifinals: Sharapova d. Li; V. Williams d. Hantuchova

Final: Sharapova d. V. Williams

http://blogs.tennis.com/thewrap/2011...use-again.html
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #2675
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
Related to DORK
Synonyms: bookworm, dink [slang], nerd [slang], geek, grind, swot [British], weenie, wonk

Swot? Even when they are dorks, the british have to be pretentious about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Steve Tignor of Tennis.com picked Maria:

Semifinals: Sharapova d. Li; V. Williams d. Hantuchova

Final: Sharapova d. V. Williams

http://blogs.tennis.com/thewrap/2011...use-again.html
Don't think I've head of him... is he good at predictions? Outside of RG11 I mean..

Last edited by Steven. : Jun 19th, 2011 at 12:42 AM.
Steven. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #2676
country flag lylux
Lyluxpova

lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of

The tennis experts pick Federer and Sharapova to win the Wimbledon title this year.

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/picks
lylux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #2677
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylux View Post
The tennis experts pick Federer and Sharapova to win the Wimbledon title this year.

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/picks
That's pretty one sided. I did not think she was going to be that much of a favorite.

Last time it was really one sided for the womens was at the Australian Open and their choice ended up winning so hopefully this is a good luck charm.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 02:27 AM   #2678
country flag lylux
Lyluxpova

lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
That's pretty one sided. I did not think she was going to be that much of a favorite.

Last time it was really one sided for the womens was at the Australian Open and their choice ended up winning so hopefully this is a good luck charm.
really? wow now I'm more anxious and nervous
lylux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 02:37 AM   #2679
country flag 18majors

It's nice to know Darren Cahill picked Maria. He knows tennis.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #2680
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! ESPN giving shine to Pova. That's remarkable!

If Pova does win W, I will be curious to see if the WTA can get over it's years long grudge against her...
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #2681
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I didn't like it that she was considered the favorite by many during Roland Garros, it added unnecessary pressure.

However, here at Wimbledon I don't mind. After all, she did make the Roland Garros SF, is now a solid top ten player again and won the title before. Not to mention that both Williams sisters are playing and most people would wisely still count on one of them to lift the trophy, and not Maria.

It shouldn't be seen as a jinx this time around, but more like a compliment that she is considered again after most of her recent Slam results.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #2682
country flag 18majors

^Well said, can't agree more.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #2683
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't expect so many people to pick her. And Roger too,
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #2684
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
Didn't expect so many people to pick her. And Roger too,
Mainly because nobody expected Roger to beat Djockovic at the French, and he reached the final there taking Nadal to 4 sets , maybe they think that Roger will do well and win the title here since its WIMBLEDON duh.

As for Maria, a sane mind would pick her, so there is no surprise. She reached the Semis of the French in her worst surface, we'll see what she does in her favourite one .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #2685
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...488913398.html - transcript of Maria's pre-Wimby interview.
Closed Thread