2011-2012 recruiting - "speculation only" - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #76
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: 2011-2012 recruiting - "speculation only"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Tenniswish personally I agree with you about players being forced out a lot of the time. But let me play referee here and stop you and Form from coming to blows.

Tenniswish be very careful because you're entering dangerous territory.
Long Beach St. had 13 players leave its program over 7 years. Now in Form's mind, each time it was the player's fault/choice for leaving da Beach. Tenniswish if you even imply that head coach classy Jenny forced even 1 of those 13 players out then be prepared to feel the WRATH OF FORM!

Tenniswish don't you know classy Jenny is the exception to this rule. She's perfect at judging how good a player is going to be just based on tracking results and watching recruiting video. Tenniswish if you imply that even 1 of those 13 players that exited Long Beach St. was a recruiting bust by classy Jenny then be prepared to feel the WRATH OF FORM!

Now Form admires Jenny's class greatly BUT if you get Form mad he becomes a hypocrite who will turn around and do the exact opposite of what classy Jenny would do publicly. Form will transform from Dr. Jekyll into a classless Mr. Hyde. Tenniswish you can make all the sense in the world, but if you blame classy Jenny for ANYTHING then be prepared to feel the WRATH OF FORM
Tenniswish, can I go to Switzerland with you. Having a nice chat and Mr. Agenda pops up again.

(Again clarifying tilted slander: Yes, 7 scholarship 'transfers' out in 11 years. For a variety of reasons... including one at # 8 who went on to happily play # 1 for 3 years at a lesser program; another for some significant disciplinary reasons. Three others quit tennis and returned to home countries to study (2) or get married (1). Any others in your count were walk ons and those rarely make it four years on a squad. I mean really, you are counting walk ons? Jeesh...

How many scholarship athletes quit your team after your asterisk year (2)? ).

It is either mystifying or flattering that Mr. Agenda spends so much time on this Forum concentrating on one mid-major program. Again, sorry to all but just feel one has to defend false or misleading info.

14-1-1*

Last edited by form : Jun 10th, 2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: updated info
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #77
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I find all of those threads informative and very interesting. I think your post is offensive.
Oh Amal, go easy on the guy. He's a junior poster. Do you remember your first days on the forum? I remember mine. My first ever thread was something ridiculous like "Monica Seles is burnt out and Jelena Dokic is sooooo much better wooooo". We just need to teach the newbies etiquette. To 10serveace or whatever your name is, please do be considerate and remember that most threads like 21 yo freshman require a lot of work and effort to start. If you give them a chance, they can be quite interesting!
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #78
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

10se - shouldn't be that complicated for a Duke grad.

Yes of course the 18-21 and who will be fired and 100% international threads surely do take a lot of time (and obsession) to compile. I read them too - I'm as curious as anyone else. If they weren't so agenda-driven then I would actually enjoy them but I feel that GOUCI's only purpose on the forum is to show that anything other than "All USA, All 18 year-old, and keeping players for four years no matter if they earn their scholarship or not" is wrong...just because that's what UCI does. Other than that, guilty - I enjoy the information.

As far as "newbie", I am a former player and have been around womens college tennis for 20 years. I feel that makes my opinion informed, if nothing else. Maybe a newbie on here, but not a newbie to college tennis...and certainly not a groupie!
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #79
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

I don't see GOUCI posting that way, even that it is true that some of the postings are agenda driven and annoying. But no doubt, he has added to this forum with solid information and enthusiasm. And, I'm going to be inclined to excuse the postings of an old hand because he had contributed alot. But when someone, come in still wet behind the ears, and starts laying down lots of smack, its a different matter.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #80
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
But no doubt, he has added to this forum with solid information and enthusiasm.
Completely agreed. I could do without the xenophobia, but other than that GOUCI is a great contributor.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #81
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Jenny Hois - 5 star

Rumor has it Wisconsin #1 sophomore Jenny Hois has transferred to Tulane.

The Wisconsin head coach may have survived the player mutiny in the short term but will his win-loss record survive this in the long term?
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #82
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Having a former #1 player exit a team is very rare in college tennis. And I'm not talking about those #1's who flunked out because of bad grades. How unbearable must a coach be for a former #1 to bail?

This made me curious which school holds the record for most former #1's exiting.

This distinction belongs to Long Beach State.
Da Beach sets another infamous national record.

1. Jaklin Alawi - former #1 exits LBS in 2011-12

2. Alena Kovalchuk - former #1 exits LBS in 2003-04

3. Anastasia Dvornikova - former #1 exits LBS in 2002-03

All these players were juniors with 2 years eligibility left.
Anything to add Form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post

But I will add that it's not just one or two, but a pattern that would make me go hmmmmmmmmm?
Form words of wisdom.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #83
country flag form

Quote:
Having a former #1 player exit a team is very rare in college tennis. And I'm not talking about those #1's who flunked out because of bad grades. How unbearable must a coach be for a former #1 to bail?

This made me curious which school holds the record for most former #1's exiting.

Anything to add Form?

Form words of wisdom.

Can one get a 'restraining order' for a web stalker?

Former # 1 who had fallen to # 5
Was # 1 but cut for disciplinary reasons
Was # 1 but turned pro (stupidly; as she was told by many at the uni... foolish kids)

Jeesh... can you come up with better? Oh wait, see the next post.

Da Beach has this infamous record against the vaunted chEATERS: 14-1-1* in last decade

Please Mr. Moderator... I would be thrilled to knock off the back and forth with Mr. Agenda if you would simply restrict his on going incorrect rants about LB. Otherwise you force a couple of us to respond with facts to his slander?

Last edited by form : Jun 25th, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #84
country flag form

Quote:

Anything to add Form?

Form words of wisdom.

Let us review the 'former # 1' record for Mr. Agenda:

2000 - current # 1 Maureen Diaz transfers out after just one season.

2010 - head coach sacrifices his injured '# 1' playing her unethically in a cast for 4 matches... and the poor young lady then misses 50 consecutive weeks of tennis before she is cleared to even hit another ball. This horrid act of irresponsibilty for the poor girl's welfare likely makes her forever the 'former # 1'.

Infamous UCI is 1-14-1* in the last decade against one particular program.

Last edited by form : Jun 25th, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #85
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:

Anything to add Form?

Form words of wisdom.
This is something to comment on, but how do you know that it is the most of any College teams? It does sound like a lot, but how do you know it is the most, Is there a list somewhere, or what?
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #86
country flag gouci

The list is in my head.

2nd_serve you would be hard pressed to even find another ranked team who lost 2 former #1's, not related to grades, in a span of a decade.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #87
country flag gouci

In the Summer Circuit West End tournament draw only 2 current college players didn't have their team from last season listed next to their name.

I wonder if Haley Dixon of Boston College and Julia Blakely of George Washington both Southern California players who went to the East Coast are looking to transfer closer to home.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #88
country flag form

Quote:
The list is in my head.

2nd_serve you would be hard pressed to even find another ranked team who lost 2 former #1's, not related to grades, in a span of a decade.

2nd Serve.... one foolishly turned pro (everyone but she and her sister knew it was a mistake)... the other was dismissed for disciplinary reasons (amongst other reasons, refused to travel with team but rather with her husband; also once refused to go on road trip because her husband would not let her travel without him. It was a mess but that team did beat UCI ).

Hmmm... two # 1'2 in span of a decade: I'll take a shot though it's does not completely correlate since the # 2 in 2010 should have been # 1 (see BW Tourney results, subsequent transfer position and history of stacking being questioned by other BW coaches at this school)

2000 UCI # 1 (transferred to USC) and 2010 UCI # 2 (who was in fact their # 1 if played where she should have been)

2nd Serve - My Question: Which is worse - talented girls bailing out for other programs or girls leaving that never play college tennis again?

1-14-1*
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #89
country flag gouci

Form have you tried reading on Page 3 of this board.

I think there are a few posts over a year old that you haven't responded to yet.
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #90
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Noticed that Niriantsa Rasolomalala of Madagascar was playing in the Universiade, and Google turned up this old article from January.

http://www.starafrica.com/fr/de-spor...or-143345.html
Quote:
The young talent Niriantsa Rasolomalala (18 years) ranked third at the last Masters which gathered the best eight players of Madagascar could attend in August the University of Maryland or California.
(Inicdentally, the significantly classier Malagasy player, Zarah Razafimahatratra, mentioned US college tennis as an option in an interview at, I think, the French Open, where she was competing in the juniors.)

For what it's worth, the US team at the Universiade is Krista Damico, and Courtney Collins (Memphis); they were knocked out of the doubles draw by the Mexican team of Urbina and Pulido today. Natasha Marks is representing us, but only selected for doubles. http://match.sz2011.org/Scheduledetail2/TEENG.htm
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote