** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 171 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 29th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #2551
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Seriously where is Camilla? Didn't she date some time with Fernando Verdasco?
When was the last time we saw Masha and Camilla hanging around? They used to be BFFs... It is a pitty if they are not friends anymore. BTW I am not buying that "they were a couple" thing...
maybe they had a fight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2011, 12:46 AM   #2552
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=129

Quote:
M. SHARAPOVA/A. Radwanska

7 6, 7 5

MARIA SHARAPOVA

Q. Congratulations.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Thank you.

Q. It was a big fight again. Can you talk about each time you got your back on the wall you're finding your way back in the match and to turn this around.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, from the beginning I had quite a slow start today. It was 1 4 and 15 40, so I think the one thing that really saved me in the first set was I served really well and kept her off balance and started playing better.
That gave me a lot of confidence. I had the chance to be up 3 0, could have been 4 0 in the second set, and just kind of rolled the other way. She had so many chances.
Overall it was just really tough. I played smart when I needed to be smart and was patient at the right times.
Yeah.

Q. Now you're going to play against Petkovic like in Melbourne. Talk about this next battle.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, we played in Melbourne. Also in played Miami, you know, a month or so ago. Yeah, she's a very tough opponent. She is also quite good on this surface and moves very well. She'll use that to her advantage.
But, yeah, it'll be tough. I'll go out there and try to win that match.
Are you observing the picture?

Q. Yes. I'm trying to frame my question.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, around the picture?

Q. Yes.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Why are you giving it to me?

Q. Because I want to ask you a question.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Okay.

Q. So, Maria, we had some fun in the pressroom about the official publication of the tournament's with that little headline. Does that give you a laugh? What you are your thoughts?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. It's just a cover of a paper. That's it for me.
About, you mean, the headline?

Q. Yes.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, there have been so many headlines thought my career, and this is just another one. (Laughing.)

Q. If I could switch to tennis...
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yes. Let me give this back to you. I don't want myself staring at me. (Laughter.)

Q. So just talk about your serve. How is your feel on it? Number of double faults today, but you seemed to be going for it on the second.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I did. Um, yeah, I thought the serve saved me in the first set. I served really well. I think that that gave me confidence throughout my whole game, because from the beginning I was just making I was making errors, all of them kind of went long.
I thought I served my way out of the first set there. You know, there was a little dip in the second set, but overall I felt pretty good and I felt confident on it.

Q. What would it mean to you win this tournament, Maria?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, this tournament has a very rich history. It's one that I've always said would be the most challenging for me to win. But I've always worked really hard on trying to get myself prepared as well as I could for it, you know, physically and mentally, knowing that sometimes you just have to be more patient than maybe in other points in other tournaments.
Yeah, a lot of it is preparation and just going out there and believing in what you have done before and the way you prepared.

Q. The first two matches you had with her this year you split, and they were on hardcourt. Do they have really no impact on your preparation? Is it a whole different thing going out on clay against her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I guess. I think every match for me is different. I mean, you look back at a few things that maybe helped you or maybe changed things around if you were down or what you did to change.
You know, I had lost that first set in Miami, so, yeah, just maybe looking back on those things.
But as far as, yeah, it's really about it's really another match, a new one.

Q. Can you tell us a little bit what your coach Thomas mean to you and how it all started, why you started working together?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Why?

Q. What does he mean to you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I've said it a few times. He's brought a really great work ethic into my tennis, into my practices. A lot positive energy. He's been a great new voice for me and something that I needed.
When you've had a coach for many, many years, sometimes it's not even about new things that are being said. Maybe sometimes it's the same things, but coming from a different person in a little bit of a different way, gets to you differently.
Yeah, he's pushed me and believes in me. He's also coached against me, which I like.
So, yeah.

Q. You won three tournaments on clay, and then Rome. How important was Rome for you? Before you had just Strasbourg and not great, great clay court season. How important was Rome? And what is the difference that you find between the Rome tournament and this one?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, Rome brought me a lot of confidence because I beat players that have had a lot of their success on clay and were maybe favorites against me on clay courts and I was able to beat them.
And, yeah, I felt like I improved as the tournament went on. That certainly gives me a lot confidence.
But when you get to the next tournament it starts from scratch. You start from the first round and you face different opponents and it's a new day.
Everything is different. We have a different ball. The courts are a little bit different. The atmosphere.
Yeah, but it's really about adjusting and taking that confidence, but also knowing that it's not going to be the same.

Q. You once famously described yourself on clay as cow on ice.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uh huh. And I don't regret it. I really don't.

Q. What is your comfortable level now on it? Obviously you've come a long, long way.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I've certainly improved. When I said that comment I was referring to the first few days and weeks on clay when you're after you've played on hard court for such a long time, it's such a different feeling.
Used to be tough for me to move around and get back into position. Also I mentioned recovering from tough matches and going into the next ones was quite difficult for me maybe four years ago or so. I feel like that's the one thing that I've really improved and I've really worked hard on.

Q. The other day you spoke of your love of street culture. Obviously Paris is quite different from L.A. or New York or other capitals. Talk a little bit about Paris's culture, street culture.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it's classic and I think it's unpretentious. The whole city is beautiful. I think people take part in the beauty of it and they come here and enjoy every little angle and aspect of it.
I unfortunately haven't had that amount of time to be able to browse and to go in different areas as much as I would have liked to in the past.
But that's something I can't wait to come back when I have more time. It's one of the cities I would love to even have an apartment or just browse.
You know, I'm kind of stuck around the hotel. But hopefully one day.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:36 PM   #2553
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

From Facebook- 3th June 2011:

Quote:
Put myself in a position to win the BIG one and came up short!! No excuses!! All the credit to Li Na for playing a great match. I need to get better and keep working. I want to thank all my die hard fans for cheering me on the past 2 weeks. Can't wait to smell the grass!!!
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 01:07 AM   #2554
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

^I guess she meaned the Wimbledon grass only!
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #2555
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Maria dont make me remember the great oportunity you just screwed!

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #2556
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Women's Tennis: 5 Reasons Maria Sharapova Will Never Win Another Major
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...-another-major

Prove them wrong, Maria!
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 03:55 AM   #2557
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Women's Tennis: 5 Reasons Maria Sharapova Will Never Win Another Major
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...-another-major

Prove them wrong, Maria!
lol I just finished reading that a second ago.
Fortunately this article makes no sense. According to it she can't win because she's only been number one for a short period of time and she's consistent on different surfaces.
Going by this articles standards the only person who can win a slam ever again is Serena.
While Serena is almost guaranteed to win another slam she's obviously not going to be the only one until she retires.
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #2558
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Reason 1: killed by Caro
Reason 2: killed by many
Reason 3: relevant now but totally disregards 2005-06 and the bitch known as Semipova, also career prize money says otherwise
Reason 4: killed by Fran, Na, Serena, Kim. Lol looking at the GS winners of the past 8yrs, its way better to be old.
Reason 5: killed by Maria. Consistent on all surfaces is a downside? lol whut. Pretty sure that gave her 3 different slams.

That was the most ridiculous read ever. Only reason 3 holds merit (it is a BIG reason) but not for the reasons the author gives.

And the number one reason why this is a bullshit read:

Quote:
world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki (20) and No. 3 Victoria Azarenka (21) are both looking like the Sharapova of 2006.
Fuck no. Semi-pova vs. Semi-less-renka. 2x GS winner vs. Slamless 'winner-watch' number 1. The comparison is vomit inducing.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #2559
country flag 18majors

It should give Maria more incentive to win her next slam title.

Last edited by 18majors : Jun 8th, 2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #2560
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

wow, what an article. Amazing. Written by experts themselves. LOL She has a very good career so I think people should just remain quiet and wait and see. Aynthing can happen on WTA.
Davai Masha!
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #2561
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Prove them wrong baby girl. Win the 2011 Wimbledon title.
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #2562
ace33

ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough

In the last year almost every article I have seen about her on bleacher report is about how hot she is/what a terrible couple her and Sasha are and complete analysis of the "hottest NBA WAGs" or "hottest sports couples". I don't know about the rest of their sports analysis but I can't take anything they say about her tennis seriously at this point.
ace33 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #2563
country flag 18majors

^How could you have 1 post if you joined TF in 2002?
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #2564
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

That article is not only rubbish but it's also inaccurate

"Her Australian Open victory came after an impressive Fed Cup showing against Israel."

Fed Cup was after the Australian Open.
swissmr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #2565
ace33

ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough ace33 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
^How could you have 1 post if you joined TF in 2002?
I don't know, I used to post here a couple years ago and then I stopped. I signed in today and this is what it said
ace33 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread