National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 27th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #76
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: National Individual Championship, Singles and Doubles Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Just being obnoxious and generally unlikeable. Will isn't blatantly pushing like Embree was against Burdette, but the screaming at the top of her lungs after Gibbs pummels FHs into the net is really off putting. Not to mention I have seen her hit one winner since I started watching almost an hour ago...what does she have to cheer about? Just obnoxious.
Yeah, but Embree is like the opposite of obnoxious, so I don't really get the comparison. Also, it's not like Gibbs is all reserved on the other side. Pretty bad choke from Gibbs, served for the match in the second and gets broken. I think Allie staying alive is what she has to cheer about. I don't really care who wins, neither one is really standing out to me, but they're both hitting the ball well. This third set should be interesting.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #77
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of Embree, she beats Hureau in the longest 6-1 6-0 match I've ever seen.

Still a great tournament for Hureau, though. Come in as an alternate, leave an All-American.
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #78
country flag tucker1989

Ugh, Stacey Tan and her annoying antics prevail over Ellis, who has a great game, just too inconsistent, 6-4 7-6(6)
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #79
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Ugh, Stacey Tan and her annoying antics prevail over Ellis, who has a great game, just too inconsistent, 6-4 7-6(6)
define, "annoying antics"

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #80
country flag tucker1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
define, "annoying antics"
Screaming "Come On!" at the top of her lungs whenever she wins a point, smashing balls into the net after losing them, hopping around as Ellis prepared for her second serves
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #81
country flag tucker1989

Looked like it was going to be easy for Will, up 5-1, but Gibbs held (saving a match point) and broke, now 5-3. This is high quality stuff
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #82
country flag tucker1989

Gibbs saves 3 more match points, all with winners, to hold for 4-5. Will about to serve for it again
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #83
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Screaming "Come On!" at the top of her lungs whenever she wins a point, smashing balls into the net after losing them, hopping around as Ellis prepared for her second serves
Maybe I wasn't watching as closely as you were, but Tan is the most stoic of all the Stanford Squad.

Yes, a couple of "Come On!"s here and there. And I've seen a lot of players slam the ball after losing points. Today may have been an exception b/c usually she just hits her shoe w/ her racket after missing a shot she thought she should have had.

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #84
country flag urklerlay

Quote:
Gibbs saves 3 more match points, all with winners, to hold for 4-5. Will about to serve for it again
Great effort by Gibbs to tie it in the 3rd set.

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #85
country flag tucker1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
Great effort by Gibbs to tie it in the 3rd set.
Definitely, and maybe Stacey was just more intense today because the match was SO close, and there were a lot of tough rallies. I think I just prefer players like Gullickson and Juricova, who are almost scarily stoic.

Trainer just called for Gibbs after she goes down 0-15, not sure what's wrong
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #86
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Stupid question but are the matches being shown live? Barte's comments on the website 30+ minutes ago make it sound like she knows she is playing Gibbs already.......but the match is still being played....puzzling....
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #87
country flag tucker1989

Matches are live, I'm guessing they asked about the possibility.

Final set tiebreak to decide, 1-1 right now
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #88
country flag urklerlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
Stupid question but are the matches being shown live? Barte's comments on the website 30+ minutes ago make it sound like she knows she is playing Gibbs already.......but the match is still being played....puzzling....
I'm guessing someone asked Barte about the possibility of playing a teammate, and they just posted the answer like it was actually going to happen.

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr

Last edited by urklerlay : May 27th, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #89
country flag tucker1989

WOW

Gibbs d. Will (6) 6-3 6-7(5) 7-6(3), saved 4 match points

So deserved by Gibbs, incredible forehands under pressure, never stopped being aggressive. Not sure why Allie was being so passive. She has a great forehand, and she would often use it once, only to hit about 10 moonballs after that. Barte/Gibbs should be good!
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #90
country flag urklerlay

And now it is going to happen. What a huge effort by Gibbs to come back after being down 1-5 in the third. Seemed like she played even more aggressive in the tiebreaker since it looked like she was cramping up.

Funny how this match mirrors the Burdette/Embree match. Stanford still the aggressive one, but I think Embree is a much better defensive player than Will. (Defense vs Offense is a whole 'nother topic)

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr