RG R2: Maria Sharapova b. Caroline Garcia 36 64 60 - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #256
country flag Lapaco

Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of
Re: RG R2: Maria Sharapova b. Caroline Garcia 36 64 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDVTennis View Post
I like this girl, Caroline Garcia. Finally, a female player with some flair. Wouldn't expect anything less from the French. I hope she keeps improving. She'll be one to watch for all the right reasons.
the match reminded me of henin's choke against davenport in her first rg ever, back in 99. hope to see this girl progress further.
Lapaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #257
country flag LDVTennis

LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
I feel like we say that about every teenager who has a good match though. Every one says their going to be the next big thing and then they disappear.
Obviously, but she has more to work with than any of the other girls I can remember. Plus, I gather she has the support of the French Federation. There's also so much that is natural about her game. She just needs her mind to catch up to where her game is. If that happens, she will be amazing to watch.
Steffi Graf was part of a youth tennis group that was studied from age 12 and then followed, and the scientists called her "the perfect talent" even then. In addition to her many tennis-specific skills, her aerobic capacity was on par with the best distance runners in Europe. --- David Epstein, The Sports Gene
LDVTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #258
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I feel like we say that about every teenager who has a good match though. Every one says their going to be the next big thing and then they disappear.
This. And Caroline hasn't achieved much to this point either (best result is the final of a 25k/2nd round of AO).

She could easily fall completely off the radar and in 3 years someone will bump this thread and we all say "oh yea, wtf?"

There is promise though.
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #259
country flag Nico_E

Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of

lol Sharapova needing some kid to choke to win and then celebrating, as usual, like she is the Queen of Sheeba

hate how she becomes like this when Serena, Venus, Kim, Henin are not around to slap that smug right out of her face

no words for the opponent, yes she is young but the amount of these type of wimps on WTA tour is becoming tiresome... you could tell she was going to lose that match when it went 3-6 2-4
Nico_E is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #260
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True. I've seen a lot of teenagers play promising matches against big names like Maria but after the match, I don't hear from then since. A lot of these young girls have potential but they're not consistent enough. Hope Caroline keeps it up though.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #261
country flag Lapaco

Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of

Quote:
but somebody just has to emerge

i predicted it would be a spaniard, gacria fits my prediction
Lapaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #262
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

How did she even get down 36 14 in the first place? Totally unnecessary.

*watches replay*
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #263
country flag LDVTennis

LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapaco View Post
but somebody just has to emerge

i predicted it would be a spaniard, gacria fits my prediction
She plays for France, but her surname is Spanish. Does anyone here know the story behind that?
Steffi Graf was part of a youth tennis group that was studied from age 12 and then followed, and the scientists called her "the perfect talent" even then. In addition to her many tennis-specific skills, her aerobic capacity was on par with the best distance runners in Europe. --- David Epstein, The Sports Gene
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #264
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think people went overboard praising Garcia. Like Murray saying she's going to be #1.
She didnt even fight for the match. She folded as soon as Maria didnt gift her the last 2 games.

I remember when Jovanovski took a set off Vera at the AO.
It means nothing because they have no pressure on them. They just flail away for an hour.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #265
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico_E View Post
lol Sharapova needing some kid to choke to win and then celebrating, as usual, like she is the Queen of Sheeba

hate how she becomes like this when Serena, Venus, Kim, Henin are not around to slap that smug right out of her face

no words for the opponent, yes she is young but the amount of these type of wimps on WTA tour is becoming tiresome... you could tell she was going to lose that match when it went 3-6 2-4
I was wondering when u were gonna post..
Andreas, World Life and you should def do a threesome

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #266
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is a CHOKE

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #267
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDVTennis View Post
She plays for France, but her surname is Spanish. Does anyone here know the story behind that?
She has some spanish descendence? It's not that rare u know

URUGUAY
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #268
country flag Nico_E

Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of Nico_E has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by schorsch View Post
Maria got booed for playing a French player... Wozniacki got booed for being... well... Wozniacki
Maria got booed for trying to fool the umpire by pointing to the wrong mark

Maria also got booed for shaking the girl's hand at the net while smiling and bobbing her head up and down with smug delight at the kid's choke
Nico_E is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #269
country flag slamchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico_E View Post
Maria got booed for trying to fool the umpire by pointing to the wrong mark

Maria also got booed for shaking the girl's hand at the net while smiling and bobbing her head up and down with smug delight at the kid's choke
awww u mad?

URUGUAY
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #270
country flag LDVTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
They just flail away for an hour.
Garcia was NOT flailing. She seems to know what she is doing with the racquet face on all her shots. That is why she appears to have infinite variety on all her shots.