** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 167 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM   #2491
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s teddy View Post
I agree, but it doesn't matter. At Wimbledon, the umpires always call married players by their husbands' names.
That's news to me.

I'm also sure she will keep her own surname, it's just too well known.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:33 PM   #2492
country flag s teddy

s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cha...ing_to_players

Thus Spake Wikipedia.
s teddy is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:35 PM   #2493
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think that's only in case Maria officially changes her name to Sharapova-Vujacic or Vujacic, which I doubt she'll do.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:36 PM   #2494
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I hope to god she doesn't change her surname.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:51 PM   #2495
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter. View Post
She should dine out of Venus Rosewater Dish and drink out of Couple Suzanne Lenglen.
Amen
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:19 AM   #2496
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
I agree, but it doesn't matter. At Wimbledon, the umpires always call married players by their husbands' names.
Kim Clijsters went with her maiden name at 2010 Wimbledon.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:58 AM   #2497
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sascha reminds me of the kind of guy that would take her last name...
I don't know if it could be interpreted this way, but I think it would be a very classy thing to do.
It would be sort of groundbreaking, and it might reflect two realities:
1.He is aware of just what a spectacular woman he is marrying,

2.Her love and appreciation of him is so overwhelming it does not really matter about the name. I guess some might feel like they have to make fun of him in the locker room or other places, but he could just let them eat their envious hearts out over it. They should be so lucky as he.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:06 AM   #2498
country flag kimgurl

kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all

they're getting married soon??how soon is soon for masha??isnt wedding preparations are crucial and long??unless its a rush wedding which i higly doubtim guessing hmmm after the olympics next year
i think she's not gonna change her last name..well they're both celebs so maybe she will use sharapova, but in real life sharapova-vujacic??lol yeah whatever, its their prob not mine

Quote:
harry,zayn,louis,liam,niall
kimgurl is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:43 AM   #2499
country flag kasia1992

kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of

Maria will be in Vogue
Me and Maria Sharapova (Tennis superstar) did a photoshoot with Annie Leibovitz (Photography superstar) that’s going to be in Vogue. They’ve really stepped up in the surfing department too, and because they’re such a massive company they can do things surf companies can’t.”
http://www.surfinglife.com.au/news/a...-just-doing-it
kasia1992 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:29 PM   #2500
country flag The Norwegian

The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian

Leibovitz & Sharapova? What good can possibly come out of that?
The Norwegian is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:44 PM   #2501
country flag StrippedToBasics

StrippedToBasics has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasia1992 View Post
Maria will be in Vogue
Me and Maria Sharapova (Tennis superstar) did a photoshoot with Annie Leibovitz (Photography superstar) that’s going to be in Vogue. They’ve really stepped up in the surfing department too, and because they’re such a massive company they can do things surf companies can’t.”
http://www.surfinglife.com.au/news/a...-just-doing-it
So no cover ?

Christina Aguilera
Cheryl Cole
Lana Del Rey
StrippedToBasics is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:32 AM   #2502
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Davenport remained Davenport just the Ms. changed to Mrs.
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #2503
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

That would already be wierd enough to hear, game, set and match, Mrs. Sharapova

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #2504
country flag lylux
Lyluxpova

lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of lylux has much to be proud of

Sharapova proves she is a real contender
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
By Matt Cronin

Currently showing her best ever form on red clay, Maria Sharapova cruised past Mirjana Lucic 6-3, 6-0 in the first round and proved that she is a true contender for the Roland Garros title for the first time. The three-time Grand Slam champion barely missed a shot in running off the last ten games of the match, serving big, tearing apart Lucic's second services and hitting the corners with both her forehands and backhands.

The former French Open semi-finalist has been to the second week of the tournament on a few occasions, where she would eventually tire and get run over by faster opponents who could move her around. But after winning Rome 10 days ago with three notable wins over no.4 Victoria Azarenka, no.1 Caroline Wozniacki and 2010 Roland Garros finalist Sam Stosur, the Russian has proved that is she can control the court and has improved her footing enough to win on any surface.

"I started [Rome] off really well, and I felt like I continued with that. Even though I lost the first set to Azarenka, I felt like I adjusted well, and I did that really well throughout the tournament. If something wasn't quite working, I always had a plan B and was able to find a way to win."

Sharapova seriously struggled to regain her no.1 form after her 2008 shoulder surgery, occasionally playing at a very high level but also growing frustrated with the inconsistency of her once effective service as well as her forehand. Only five of her 23 titles have come since that surgery and only two, Tokyo and Rome, were at prestigious tournaments.
She has only reached one Grand Slam quarterfinal since returning to the tour in May 2009, at Roland Garros a month later when she lost to Dominika Cibulkova. But for the most part, she has kept her head down and now ranked No. 8, is showing more self-belief and consistency.

"I don't think any road is particularly easy," she said. "If you don't have the tough days and don't go through adversity, I don't think that the good ones and the wins mean as much as when everything seems to be going your way. I've put a lot of work in, and starting from the off-season, I had a tough period at the beginning of the year, being sick for a while and having to wait to play a tournament. But I trained really hard. I don't think I had that work ethic last year. At some points I didn't push myself as much as I wanted to, but that motivation has really kicked in this year, and I hope I keep going with that."

Sharapova took a risk in January, separating from her long-time coach and friend Michael Joyce to work with Swede Thomas Hogstedt, who once coached Na Li and Tommy Haas. She also brought in a new hitting partner this spring - former ATP player Cecil Mamiit - but it was her willingness to try to institute Hogstedt's technical changes with her service and forehand as well as some strategic moves that have opened the gate to improvement.

"You just try to get the best possible thing for you, and add or sometimes take away things that maybe you feel are ultimately going to make you better," she said. "The most important thing is just realizing that it's never just going to come together in a matter of minutes. It's always going to take time. Adjustments ultimately hopefully will get you to a better place, and it was a tough change for me. I had the same sort of routine and the same stuff for so many years, but in a way it was refreshing and new."
lylux is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #2505
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

^Good article!
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread